Old 02-11-2019, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

That she was
Old 02-11-2019, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish we got to see flashbacks of Tess in her pre-Roswell days.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Yeah me too
Old 02-12-2019, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It would've gained her sympathy, especially if Nasedo was very cold.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

certainly would
Old 02-12-2019, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I did like Nasedo, though.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

There are some fics out there that deal with Tess' life pre-Roswell. They are usually very dark though. Like... honestly, it's not surprsing. Nasedo was such a toxic parent. Sometimes I think about the fact that Tess was a kid who was loved by no one, NO ONE for the first 17 years of her life... Like... that's... a big deal. Even in OUAt where every character had storylines with bad parents... Even on that show, everyone had at least SOMEONE who loved them in their childhood. Adoptive moms, a father, a mother, someone... Even on Roswell, Michael had it bad, but he had Max and Isabell. Tess had no one at all.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And I thought that as Tess was growing up, she told herself that at least MMiI would love her. And then they didn't.

Good thing she had Valenti and Kyle.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Exactly!

People who hate her love to point out how "obsessed" she was with Max, but honestly that makes total sense when you think about all she had was this memory of that love Zan and Ava shared and the hope of finding the other three hybrids. I've rewatched the last episodes of season 1 a few days ago and I saw the scene when they are in the car and Tess says something like "Liz is human, she has nothing to do with us" and Max says "NO, you are the one who has nothing to do with us" and Tess looks at the others and asks Michael and Isabel if that's what they think too and they just turn away and honestly it's heartbreaking. Absolutely heartbreaking. (And Emilie was so good at that even at age 18, damn it.)

And yeah, that's why her story-arc with Jim and Kyle was so so so beautiful. And it was also nice to see her grow as a person, learning how to have a real family.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Max was such an ass in that scene. Emilie knocked it out of the park in terms of acting, I think. The look on her face...normal viewers, ones who can look beyond shipping, would want to give her a giant hug.

I feel like anti Tess people are blind to actual human emotions. Of course she'd be eager to have something with Max and the others considering she had positive memories of them and believed they were waiting for her too.

I hate the Roswell writers for ruining the little Valenti unit.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva Duckling (View Post)

And yeah, that's why her story-arc with Jim and Kyle was so so so beautiful. And it was also nice to see her grow as a person, learning how to have a real family.
Totally agree, I'm glad she had them , having some stability in her life and a family
Old 02-13-2019, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I like when Valenti made her follow house rules. Showed someone actually cared about her.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

agreed
Old 02-13-2019, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And she was so cute in VLV when she thought she didn't have to leave and then Jim yells her name
Old 02-14-2019, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Father and Daughter