Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion: The Girl in Question

Quote:
From The WB:

<STRONG>Angel (David Boreanaz) and Spike (James Marsters) travel to Rome with plans to rescue Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar, who does not appear in the episode) from their old nemesis The Immortal. While in Italy, they also attempt to retrieve the head of a fallen demon leader to prevent a perilous power struggle between several warring demon clans.

Julie Benz guest stars as Darla, Tom Lenk guest stars as Andrew and Juliet Landau guest stars as Drusilla. Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker, J. August Richards, Andy Hallett and Mercedes McNab also star. David Greenwalt directed the episode written by Drew Goddard & Steven S. DeKnight. </STRONG>

Old 05-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

I'm sort of glad that Buffy won't be in the ep...I think that she doesn't belong in LA....but that's just my opinion.

Claudia
Old 05-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

When they were showing the previews for next week's episode I couldn't help feeling how corny it was showing the pretend "Buffy" on the dance floor like that. I mean, she'd never do that (well maybe that one crazy time with Faith way back) but anyway, I'm sorta glad that Buffy's not in this episode either. She hasn't been involved in the storyline of the show to suddenly be thrown into it now.

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 05-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

I know I cant wait for this episode I love in the preview how Spike is on the bike and he says to angel "Hop on little mama" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 05-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img] It looks really good!!

Can't wait!

Claudia
Old 05-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Claudia i really like your avie [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Did you make it?

Oh and the description from tvguide.com

Angel
The Girl in Question
60 mins.

Concerned by a report that the Immortal is after Buffy, Angel and Spike head to Rome, where they discover what the Slayer has been up to---and with whom. Back in Los Angeles, Illyria confounds Wesley with her behavior when Fred's folks show up unexpectedly. Drusilla: Juliet Landau. Darla: Julie Benz. Andrew: Tom Lenk. Harmony: Mercedes McNab.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Elite Fan

It was so like Andrew to lie like that. He never learns. He is so deceitful and no matter how intelligent he is will always be a dumbass.He either thought that he had to lie (even to Angel & Spike) to keep the cover of the Decoy Slayer, he thought it was funny to mess with them, or Giles told him to lie. Either way it was wrong and lead to both guys trying to and failing to move on from Buffy. But with both guys it meant having sex with other women (Nina, Maria). Ugh.

Amy Acker was so good playing Illyria and then Illyria pretending to be Fred and then Illyria mockingly imitating Fred. Wow.

This is my second favorite AtS episode. My first being IWRY (though I hated the Cordy scenes and her bitterness towards Buffy which even Doyle found unnerving).

I laughed so freakin hard during this. I don't know why half the fans hated it. Angel/David and Spike/James play off of each other so well.

"You will define handsome for years to come!"
"You have your lackeys doing your stalking for you!"
"Now we both know that aint true."
"I can no longer hear the song of the green."
"She'd never fall for a centuries old man with a dark past who may or may not be evil."
"Stop holding on so tight."
"I pardon my threshold. I mean you can come in, obviously."
"Is Angel crying?" "No. Not yet."
"You really can't get drunk off these things." "How did you know?" "Because I drank a lot and I still don't like you."
"What color is your hair? Neon?"
"I'm waiting patiently and meanwhile The Immortal is eating cookie dough!"
Old 08-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hmmm I didnt like this episode either. Not a fan of Andrew :-/
Icon: ?
Old 08-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Andrew (apart from a few funny lines) is one of the worst characters in the Buffyverse and no matter how much good he does he hasn't changed. He is still bad and he has no excuse like having a demon in him (Angel with his vampire urges).

Aside from Andrew lying to them about Buffy, what didn't you like? That was the only part I didn't like.