Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

David in BtVS/Angel Official Discussion #7~ B/c We want the Clauddagh ring, the muppet doll, and maybe his "fangs

<<Welcome to the 7th Official BTVS/ATS (Buffyverse) Discussion >>
One decade later & we cant stop talking about it

rules:;
1) Absolutely no character bashing or actor bashing, especially Angel & David Boreanaz. (we really can't see why that would be a problem here. )
2) No ship bashing. Since romantic relationships were a big part of BTVS & Angel we know that will come obviously come up in discussion. Shipper wars are We realize that everyone is not a fan of the same ship but please don't make this thread ugly by bashing and causing unnecessary tension. There is a difference between expressing what you like and don't like than coming into a thread and saying "Bangel/Spuffy/Cangel sucks, I hope they die and I don't see how anyone can like them together!"
3) Please be respectful of other people's opinions.

-Thank you. - Shauna & Jenna.

credit: unknown

buffyverse fans:
1. some mad hope (shauna)
2. BA4eva (jenna)
3. ashleyt
4. Angel2005 9(Francie)
5. Pasadora (Susi)
6.tootyfnfrooty
7. Poupa (Sally)
8. *Karen*
9. Bangel
10. oy_humbug
11. nerenafan

Icon: ?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread
Old 10-20-2009, 04:10 AM
Passionate Fan

OK, so I guess I will ask a question... am I the only person who didnt really get Series 4?... sorry but the whole Initiative thingy. See I'm just working my way through the show.. (havent watched it since it aired in Australia 11 years ago) and I LOVED S1-3.. but I don't know... this series has left me sort of confused/disappointed. Maybe I just didnt understand it, but the whole Adam thing was just too sci/fi for me. However things I did like/bordering on love... Xander and Anya... they are hilarious. I love Anya.. so clueless! Willow and Tara.. like the innocence of their relationship, the calmness of it.. its sort of captivating really. But poor Oz.. it just never occurred to him that Willow would tire of waiting.. but lets be real.. she was never going to resist Taras' appeal. Giles.. I got really emotional about him this season.. poor thing, feeling all pushed aside, and his fatherly feelings for Buff. I still love Spike, with or without the chip.. LOL he plays that so well..And "Something Blue' Spike & Buffy "getting married" God I was in fits between them all goo goo and Giles' drunken quips.. man that was the best! And Hush was clever... Glad to get even a glimpse of the gorgeous Angel (salvaged the series for me). Buffy and Riley.. he's very cute, and I can see why she clung to him.. the thought of a "normal" future within reach. But what really got my attention was the last episode "Restless".. the dream sequence.. it was great! I loved it, the whole first slayer coming after them in their dreams, weaving a thread through each of them. I watched Joss's breakdown of this episode on the DVD and it was really interesting to hear how he explained his thoughts and ideas.. I love that guy! So now, its on to Series 5... please no sci/fi robots....

Last edited by joolzac5; 10-20-2009 at 04:17 AM
Old 10-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A lot of fans aren't sure of what to do with S4. A lot of it was about the characters going their seperate ways as many friends and family do when they go off to college and I felt that Joss portrayed that very well.

The Adam storyline wasn't as well received mostly IMO because he was such a straight up villain. Joss is great at creating multi-faceted big bads while Adam was very flat. He lacked humanity and charisma.

Restless is a weird episode I thought Joss was reaching with it honestly. He does that at times. He such wild and grand ideas that he sometimes doesn't connect them well to the screen. But it is a great episode to discuss because it's so out there.

I found this season to be really light and funny for the most part. It had its serious moments but there were tons of funny one's too.

I agree with your feelings towards the characters as well. Well except I wasn't very sure what to make of Tara in the beginning. I didn't know when watching it for the first time that she was going to be Willow's love interest and while I love Oz for his simplicity, Tara did nothing for me

I wish there was more Angel
Old 10-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I cant comment much other than to say i hated what i watched

And

Quote:
I wish there was more Angel
Same here
Old 10-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He was barely in TYF and he had no scenes with Buffy in Pangs
Old 10-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know its so disappointing.

i'm only ok with lack of ba scenes in pangs cuz she could feel him and we got IWRY but TYF sucked!
Old 10-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's true

I still wish he could have been around more.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

and kicked Connor's a$$ a lot
Old 10-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:18 AM
Passionate Fan

I guess that's the beauty of this show... not everyone is going to like the same characters and the same relationships or the same storylines... I don't really have any one-eyed preferences for any particular relationships.. I think they are what they are at particular times and I just accept them... like now I'm watching S5 and am thoroughly enjoying watching Spike slowing coming to realise he is in love with Buffy - it's hilarious to see him all mean and trying to be tough, and then he sees her all crying and he's like a creampuff.. I just love his character. And, from watching it originally like 11 years ago, I knew that Dawn came into it, but I clearly must have missed a few eps back then because now I finally realise why she just appeared (I could never remember that and couldnt understand why she was never talked about or referred to).. I understand it now... DOH! And I've always said that I hated Joyce... but now.. well I feel bad with her in hospital and all.. but I still don't like her very much... The only thing I really miss is Angels' presence.. It's like he's there simmering under the surface and I keep expecting him to just pop up any minute.. Oh well, I'll have to keep watching!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I guess that's the beauty of this show... not everyone is going to like the same characters and the same relationships or the same storylines...
so true
Old 10-23-2009, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Clearly you haven't gotten to Forever

I ship mainly BA but also W/O and X/C on BTVS (with no real shipping preference on ATS excluding my negative opinions on CA) but I do like S5 and I love S6. It isn't until S7 that I have a problem with the show. I find that mostly Spike and SB fans love that season

Spike's presence is great in S5 and I do feel that he did love Buffy as much as he could without a soul. What I appreciate most in S5 is that he's still Spike and he's still this fool for love without compromising his attitude. In the end of the season things gets a little shaky for me but he still feels genuine.

But yeah that's my take on what you've seen so far. Happy viewing
Old 10-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Passionate Fan

WOW,, S5.. that was.. not really what I was expecting. I could remember bits of it (funny how things would just pop into my head just before they happened) Buffybot.. LOL.. how bizarre and how sad at the same time! Well, I guess I'm sort of getting caught up in the whole Spike thing.. he's, well, he's funny and cute and pathetic. I know what some of you think, but hey.. I just love this show and seem to just get carried along with it. I'm still all for Anya .. she's a crackup.. and I find myself just waiting for one of her clueless remarks to come blurting out of her mouth. Cant say I'm completely into the whole Dawn thing.. she sort of grates on my nerves for some reason (can't say why excactly) I found the eps re Joyce's death moving and I got a bit caught up emotionally. I thought that it was handled really well personally. It also brought back a lot of personal stuff for me as my father died 2 years ago and I was with him when he finally passed. And I thought that "Forever" was a great episode. There were some really visually beautiful scenes shot. I was getting all teary eyed and there was nothing being said! (I'm a bit soppy at times). I found I was not so worried that Riley was gone.. he just went and it didnt seem to matter to me (he was a bit bland for my taste in the end I guess - although I would have liked to have seen some more conflict between him and Angel thrown in - that I would have enjoyed). Anyway, I'm into S6 now. And have just worked out that her friends have ripped her out of heaven.. you cant help but feel for B. There they are feeling all happy and rejoicing because they have their B back, but not realising that they have seriously changed the circle of life.. what awaits them.. I'm off to see!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't stand Dawn in S5 Her voice annoys me! The Buffy Bot is both funny and disgusting at the same time. I choose to focus on the funny for the most part. The Body is depressing

S6 is great from start to finish. I hate Buffy's wig