Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Colin's News Thread #5 - Yet Another New Movie

in the last thread, Pia posted:

From Entertainment Weekly:

Quote:
3-1 Odds that Colin Hanks will return as Charlie's numerical nemesis, Prof. Marshall Penfield. It'd be a handy way of covering MacNicol's midseason absence, say Krumholtz. "They're definitely considering how to lose Peter and expand the campus world onto the show."
and signonsandiego.com posted this:

Quote:
But the Biltmore it was, location for hundreds of films and TV shows from “Chinatown” to “Wedding Crashers,” “Columbo” to “Kojak.” On this day, “The Great Buck Howard,” with father-son acting tandem Tom and Colin Hanks, was in production in various bars and ballrooms.
the whole article is about the movie Black Dahlia and can be found herearticle

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart

Last edited by Sternbetrachter; 09-15-2006 at 07:02 AM
Old 09-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

thanks for starting this Trude I feel like the worst co-mod ever, I haven't closed and started any threads since I got the co-responsibility too Sorry! It'll get better I swear

I really hope he'll be returning to Numbers, you never know with Hollywood. I also hope they'll give him a good storyline and lots of screentime
Old 09-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

it's okay I just happen to be around when threads hit 300 posts, that's all

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 09-16-2006, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Thanks I closed my first thread today And started the next one, of course
Old 09-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

yeah baby!

found these comments on Alone With Her on imdb:

Quote:
Gutsy movie -- and amazing!
Author: saturn1122

I saw this movie at Fantasia in Montreal and was blown away! This is very ballsy film-making. Nicholas takes big chances, not only with the movie's style (shot completely through hidden cameras) but also with its pacing and horrifying climax.

The film left me very disturbed and days afterward was still haunting me.

Further, the film-making inspired me to strive for something fresh and original in my own work -- to break some rules.

In terms of performances, the two leads (Talancon and Hanks) are phenomenal. Completely real. And Jordana Spiro also kicks ass in her supporting role as Amy's best friend. Great work overall!
Was the above comment useful to you? (Report this)

a stalker -- and who could blame him
Author: mitchmontana

Ana Claudia is not only a terrific actress, but easy on the eyes as well. The film is creepy -- as a good close-in thriller should be. Colin Hanks (no relation to Colin Firth apparently) is also excellent.

I saw the film at the Tribeca Film Festival without expectations. (You sign up for a bunch of films after looking at their menu several weeks in advance and by the time you're going to the screening, you only know the name, the place and the time, having forgotten what attracted you to the film in the first place.) Once the opening credits started rolling and I saw Ana Claudia's name (I'm a bit of a fan) I remembered why I had signed up for the film -- but nothing of its plot. It's probably best to see it that way because the film is seductive. It lures you into its creepiness, but through the squirming you'll enjoy it.
Was the above comment useful to you? (Report this)

Creepy thriller
Author: (asbabba)

An incredibly well crafted and realistic cautionary tale, this movie left me very disturbed. There are a lot of guys out there like the Colin Hanks character and to see this story creepily play out through hidden cameras really gave me the chills! It makes you realize that anybody could be out there watching you right now, especially with all the technology available! The movie slowly lets you discover the character of Doug (Colin Hanks) but not directly and as the film goes on you begin to realize just how sick he really is. The acting was amazing by everyone in the movie which speaks a lot to the director because even in big Hollywood movies you will see uneven performances. I think this is a very original and eye opening film and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

I also read at imdb that Colin is 98 % naked in Standing Still (not 98 % of the movie but 98 % of his skin are seen) - Alex, I so hope you get the dvd soon

Trude

Last edited by Sternbetrachter; 09-16-2006 at 10:59 AM
Old 09-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes Alone With Her was amazing!! I was blown away by Colins performance!!!! He is so talented!!!

ok Roswell gets screwed again from the WB!!!! While the farewell show was nice. I was mad at the end when they were doing a network montage of all the actors and actresses and they showed people like Melissa Joan Heart, the Popular girls, the Jack and Jill cast mostley shows that were on for a very short time or maybe a year or 2 and NO ROSWELL WAS MENTIONED!!! I was very upset by this.

I mean Roswell made entertaiment weekly top 15 WB moments in WB history for the Tabasco campaign in 2000 and we were #6 on the list. It makes no sense why the WB screwed us over yet again and not show Roswell in the Farewell to the WB!

So me and Jen are writing to Faces of the WB to express our thoughts. If you want to write an email expressing your thoughts please do at faces@thewb.com

Over all it was sad to see the WB go with such great shows but to not show one of the shows that was promoted on their network from the beginning who had such a strong fan base is wrong. I hope that they take into consideration our concern so that other shows on the CW don't get screwed like we did!

Thanks guys.

Hope all is well.

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 09-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

that really sucks, Erin Network people are insane

Thanks Trude for bringing the reviews over to this place too Those certainly are some great reviews.

Wow, 98% naked? I wonder what 2% of his body is covered
Old 09-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

... hm ... his ears maybe?

Old 09-18-2006, 04:42 AM
Master Fan

Well, 98% nakedness isn't wrong.. We should be happy only 2 % of his body is covered in that movie, and not more
Old 09-18-2006, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

hopefully, he doesn't have to wear a thong again ... well, he didn't really wear one in Roswell but you know what I mean

Old 09-18-2006, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

I know what you mean Hopefully he doesn't have to wear anything..
Old 09-18-2006, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

well, he must be wearing something since the movie is only rated R

Old 09-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

dang it!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

socks maybe

Old 09-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

98%, oh my.

I so hope he does Numb3rs again. And the "Alone With Her" news sounds great. I wonder when this film will be released?