Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Perhaps Spike was on to something when he said that Buffy needs a little monster in her man? I think Riley was really telling. He was all that she could have hoped for in a "normal" man, but he didn't have that understanding for her dark side, that a monster would have, and he just wasn't strong enough for her. She couldn't spar with him without holding back, and I'm thinking sex with him either wasn't nearly as good as the SM release that Spike could give her.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Well, it seems important to her having a partner in her slaying duties as well, not just a boyfriend. Riley is the most obvious one but I remember at least two other guys she dated that couldn't make the cut. There was this kid who was excited to get into battle and she had to be more worried about protecting him than vampires. That one was obviously too immature. Then there was this other one that stayed for a couple episodes but broke up with her. Maybe the problem is also having a man that understands what she does, but Riley did. He was hurt for not being appreciated but he understood.

Buffy is way more complicated than the Barbie with superpowers thing that would be seen at first sight. Spike is probably right and she needs a little monster in her man. Riley is a good guy but, tbh, she should have waited before dating. Parker didn't help at all and then she meets some nice guy who is perfect by the book but she doesn't really open to him.

Sex was probably way better with Spike but she seemed to enjoy with Riley a lot too. There was a whole episode dedicated to them having sex after all. Maybe she would have gotten bored in the future but they weren't there yet. I think that Faith having sex with Riley in Buffy's body should have been addressed on Riley's part, though. Buffy was wrong at being mad with him since he was the wronged part.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That episode she had all that sex with Riley was under a spell though

But yeah, at that age, she was probably fine with it. But after Spike showed her how it's done though, I don't think she would want to go back

Riley was in every way the wrong kind of right. He was all that she could have hoped for in a man, it just wasn't enough.

I understand her frustrations that he had sex with Faith though. It probably fed into that need she had to be recognized and understood .She wanted him to know her well enough to see that that wasn't her. To sense that something was wrong.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, it was a spell. But even with the spell, I still think they enjoyed it a lot
I also agree with that. Buffy's experience at that point wasn't that big at all. I don't think Riley was bad in bed but he didn't know as many thing that Buffy liked as Spike did.

I understand that too. Buffy knew that Giles was that demon when she saw him. And I get that she had to be pretty angry at Faith. But I also think that Riley should have been more hurt. He thought that he was having sex with his girlfriend when in fact he was being fooled. Everybody had been fooled by Faith but he was the one who unwillingly had sex with that woman. And besides that, he had to deal with a hurt Buffy that expected him to know. It would have been sweet if he did, but it was really a big thing to expect from him.
But I really get Buffy too, and why she was so hurt with the whole thing.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, the whole thing was hurtful. But maybe he just didn't have enough insight into the world of weird to imagine something like that? Her friends seemed to catch on to it more quickly. And Tara, who didn't know her, but sensed the magic of it.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes. Let's remember he didn't even believe in the Slayer and thought it was a myth, although that was true for the whole Initiative. And he is a soldier. He knows what he needs to know to do his job, but I doubt they get a lot of information about the mystical side of the side of the world they fight.

I loved how Tara knew straight away that that wasn't Buffy. And the way they showed it. One would think at first that she was saying that only because Buffy was being mean to Willow and her behind Willow's back so she couldn't really be a real friend, but then she explains she means it in the literal way.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:59 AM
Loyal Fan

I couldn't help but like it when Spike was being tortured by Faith in Buffy's body
Old 07-07-2016, 02:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes. It was really fun

I also thought that Sarah looked gorgeous in that scene ~
Old 07-07-2016, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She really did. It seemed like she was getting totally into playing Faith. It was so clearly different, that anyone should be able to sense the bodyswap.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes. She did a great job. Both Eliza and her but for Sarah it was probably more fun because she is more used to playing Buffy.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. Eliza was alright too, but there I didnt really get as strong a feeling that she truly was Buffy. There was always a bit more lingering Faith-ness to it.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes. I also liked Sarah better. She is really great at acting
Old 07-07-2016, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. She could pull off anything.

I imagine doing such a role switch would require a lot of studying each other's habits. It's one thing to do a new character, but to do one another is already doing, that is a whole different art. Of catching on to the oth4er's style, their way of walking and talking, the mimicry.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes. They probably coached each other but still, the body language they have to mimick. They had to take the characyer that another actor gave life to and recreated and make it your own without betraying what we already knew.
Seems not easy :/
Old 07-07-2016, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No, it looks like quite a challenge. But yeah, they probably gave each others some instructions as to how to do it.