Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2016, 02:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I guess it was an airborne virus transmitted through breathing it in? I don't really know anything about that kind of stuff.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:08 PM
New Fan

Darn, totally meant to participate with you guys. Just downloaded the episode and if I can come up with anything to contribute I'll come back and post.

Really missing Civilized James right now. Have a feeling we would be able to see the pilot for The Devil You Know by now...
Old 04-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Loyal Fan

We would love to hear any thoughts you have

I would love to be able to see the pilot!
How would someone get their hands on it?

Did you like the show/James appearance Callace?
Old 04-24-2016, 05:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojojojo21 (View Post)
I would love to be able to see the pilot!
How would someone get their hands on it?
Basically someone would need to keep an eye on the torrents. It was out at some point but not sure if anyone downloaded it. I didn't find out about it until too late but I don't do torrents anyway.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh of course. I could try and have a look. I do do torrents. Only to get copies of James' projects, funnily enough
Old 04-25-2016, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojojojo21 (View Post)
I guess it was an airborne virus transmitted through breathing it in? I don't really know anything about that kind of stuff.
Yeah, it clearly was air transmitted. But all the more reason to not go near her unprotected, right? I mean, what if she has a bad coughing fit just as he bends over her to do something? And does he really trust that the contaminants that he spread in the air, like, the day before is truly dissolved and gone? It seems suicidally uncatious to me...

Quote:
Did you like the show/James appearance Callace?
Yeah, I liked it a lot. I can totally see why he would be drawn to a script like that. It's a story I can imagine he really enjoyed telling. It was intense (his intensity when he professes to have taken part in war crimes still sticks with me!

Quote:
Basically someone would need to keep an eye on the torrents. It was out at some point but not sure if anyone downloaded it. I didn't find out about it until too late but I don't do torrents anyway.
That's where I learnt whatever little I know about torrents too. I have him to thank for all of it
Old 04-28-2016, 06:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah, it clearly was air transmitted. But all the more reason to not go near her unprotected, right? I mean, what if she has a bad coughing fit just as he bends over her to do something? And does he really trust that the contaminants that he spread in the air, like, the day before is truly dissolved and gone? It seems suicidally uncatious to me...
True. who knows!

Quote:
Yeah, I liked it a lot. I can totally see why he would be drawn to a script like that. It's a story I can imagine he really enjoyed telling. It was intense (his intensity when he professes to have taken part in war crimes still sticks with me!
Yeah he's great at intense. A really good performance.

Quote:
That's where I learnt whatever little I know about torrents too. I have him to thank for all of it
Old 04-28-2016, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, maybe that "suicidally uncautious" theory still got something to it? If so, I would be a little less troubled by the end...
Old 04-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

My guess would be there would be a time limit to the danger of the virus. By the end, I think he felt safe around her and he was definitely planning to give her the antidote but karma just kicked in and bit him.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Time limit from the air, sure, but not from a hostile cough? Virus spread that way would be fresh and effective?
Old 04-29-2016, 04:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Maybe it has a low rate of transmission unless you breathe a lot of it in. So the virus in the air from a cough wouldn't be enough to get infected?
Old 04-29-2016, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe. But coughing is how most airborne viruses are spread. If it had such a low infection rate, this thing doesn't seem to be worth much as a weapon of mass destruction.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Maybe. But coughing is how most airborne viruses are spread. If it had such a low infection rate, this thing doesn't seem to be worth much as a weapon of mass destruction.
True

James' comments about working on Millenium. From James Marsters Database

(4-99 Cult Times) They are a very tight crew who work hard and are really an inch away from burning out. They spend half their time on location which is harder to shoot than working on a soundstage [like Buffy] and they shoot the living hell out of scenes. Television has a language of shots, a master shot, over the shoulder, close-ups, but the Millennium crew shoot so many angles they get twice the footage most shows do. It was like shooting two hours of television for a one hour show. It was a very well written character. I enjoy playing roles that could just be written off as jerks. I try to let people see that human being sometimes make mistakes.

(10-99 Dreamwatch) I got the sense that they were good people who had been worked within an inch of death. Apparently on all Chris Carter's series, they shoot so many angles, they can make two shows for every one that they make. They could cut a whole different version from the angles - in the editing room they have so much stuff to work with - so consequently, the workload for the actors and the grips and the director is just doubled. They work so fast. That was what was so cool about it. They were so self-sufficient in the setting up of the shots that you didn't have a whole lot of downtime. It was hard to work but it wasn't start and stop, you just kind of kept working. The other thing that burned everybody out was that they spent four days out of seven on the road. When you're on a sound stage, you're at home; it's long hours but you've got your stuff there. When you're on location, it's like camping. It's cold and it's raining sometimes. We were in an insane asylum that had been opened up for filming - they put me in a van and took me out somewhere! It had no heat and it was like, I don't know, maybe 20' inside. They had a lot of space heaters and stuff but we were there for about 14 hours. I was okay because I didn't do that all the time, but man, they were really good people but they were just on the verge of losing it. I learned a valuable lesson doing Millennium, actually. I had just done the Buffy episode where I am a weeping mess, and I was so proud of my emotional acting. I was really crying. I really was going there with that pain, and you watch the thing, and the scenes are all about someone crying. Then I went to Vancouver, and I cheated. My character is supposed to be having an emotional breakdown, and they just squirted this menthol stuff in my eyes, and I felt guilty about it. Then I looked at the footage, and the scene is about crying, but there's a lot of other things going on. I could act all the other stuff, not concentrating on whether I could cry or not. So I'm cheating from now on.

(11-99 Orlando Vulkon) Millennium, thank you. I had a good time doing that. I um, uh, yeah, I learned about the secret of- of faking tears. I- I- I did, uh, the Buffy- I was all proud of myself because I- uh, um, uh- I was able to cry when I was suppose to cry, Spike was suppose to cry. And, uh, and during Millennium I was suppose to cry again, but I- I was too tired, because I was- I was in Canada and I had filmed a movie and I was really tired. I didn't want to summon the tears. And they faked it, they put this little menthol in my eyes and the scene is much better when I faked it. The scene is incredibly better because I'm able to act everything else and not just like can I cry. So anyway. Millennium was great. Got my butt kicked by another girl. That's like- that's my type.
(4-00 AOL Chat) Loved it! Thomas Wright, who directed that episode, and half the episodes of Millennium and who directed a number of episodes of X-Files this season, is going to be working on Angel this season. I only wish we could have him on Buffy. He was one of the cameramen on Apocalypse Now, my favorite movie. He's a nice guy you don't want to screw with... LOL

(5-00 Fangoria) Millennium was a heavier atmosphere than Buffy, but that suited the tone of the show.

(2001 Australia con) I loved doing Millennium, Chris Carter and company are just an amazing group of people from the x-files and Millennium. They work a lot like Joss does though, which is that he has two units running at the same time, which is technically illegal. But it means that you get twice the amount of shots than you'd normally get. Mostly- if you look at a scene on most tv, you get like the long shot of everybody and then close-ups of everybody? But on Buffy and x-files and Millennium when it was on, you got a lot of more interesting shots because they had two crews working on that scene. But what it also means is that it burns the actors and the crew to a crisp. But that's why they make this [holds up Red Bull and smiles]. That and I slap myself in the face. After Red bull doesn't work I start slapping myself.

(9-03 DragonCon) I was really honored because I noticed that the lead, Lance, I noticed him in Alien 2, you know... and he broke my heart... and in that movie, I mean, how can you break a guy's heart in the middle of all that blood? You know, but, uh, he's really one of the best actors we have, but, uh, yeah... And I went on that and the whole crew, the show is a lot like Buffy, in that it strays toward cinema. It tries to be as good as a movie, and what that means is that everyone works really hard. This is the joke name of Buffy in Hollywood: Buffy the Weekend Slayer. Because we start at 4:00 in the morning on Monday and we leave the set about 6:00 in the morning on Saturday. Uh, and, uh, with "Millennium," it's just that much. The joke about "Millennium" was that there's two shots for every shot that they use. They shoot many more setups than they even cut to. And everyone was apologizing to me, "Sorry we're not nicer, we're just kinda stressed out right now." And, I don't know, I've never seen people work harder and be nicer about it, and I was honored to be on the set frankly.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, I wonder how he really followed through on that intention to "cheat". Later on, he's said a lot about how his method acting burned him out in the later seasons, and how real those later breakdowns were.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I was wondering about that too. Millenium was well before say, crazy s7 Spike who was a bit of a crier, so he might have changed his mind.

The quotes about cheating are from 1999, so.