Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2019, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

2x03 "Shadow Selves" Episode Discussion (April 11, 2019)

Tandy and Tyrone try to find out what has happened to a group of young girls who have gone missing; Mina discovers a possible side effect to the big Roxxon leak
A FEW REMINDERS:

► Respect each others opinions.
► Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
► No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
► Have fun!

Old 04-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Thanks for this thread.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem! I'm excited to see Mina back tonight
Old 04-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Total Fan

This episode was so good!
Old 04-11-2019, 07:57 PM
Website Manager

Great episode... Seems Tandy was leaning more towards Mayhem's methods. Ty was able to talk her out of it though for now. Wonder if Conners is still around or if he is gone... I mean 8 months have passed.

Weird though that the duplicates first instinct is to destroy the lesser/no aggressive one. Wonder if O'Reilly will be able to get some of it back on her own.

Was great to see Mina again, hoping we see her dad again sometime this season.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:39 PM
Total Fan

I like the contrast of Tandy personifying light yet having darker, more aggressive instincts while Ty despite representing darkness is the nobler, more protective one.

I'm sure Connors is around. Can't wait to see the Darkforce Dimension explored!

Seems the duplicate is the embodiment of one's darkest personality traits, such as the desire to kill, while positive things like empathy and impulse control remain behind in the original body. I'm thinking they can't kill Mayhem without leaving Brigid with only half her psyche, so maybe they'll have to find a way to merge them back together again.

Mina's great. Cool to see her studying the lightforce/darkforce. Hope to see Ivan too (fingers crossed for a Mister Negative season three tease?).

Liked seeing Father Delgado again. Him and Mayhem is an interesting dynamic I want more of.

Last edited by Mori; 04-11-2019 at 08:47 PM
Old 04-12-2019, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Cloak & Dagger are three for three with their episodes this season Doesn't look like there is any sophomore slump here!

I looooved having Mina back! It wasn't much of her, but hopefully she'll be back again soon! It was also really awesome to see her, Tandy, Tyrone, and Brigid all in the same room together. Definitely want more of that!

I also really liked the Mayhem and Delgado dynamic! It was really interesting! I'm super tempted to make a thread for them so it'd be a bummer if there are no other scenes down the road But also, it was really tough seeing Delgado in that state

I had a feeling Tandy wouldn't be opposed to Mayhem and what she's doing Because, in the end, girls were saved and they were saved rather quickly. So there's an interesting pull of Tandy leaning a bit more toward Mayhem and Tyrone leaning a bit more toward Brigid. Next week looks wild!

Also I hope Tyrone can be careful with his powers. He was looking kinda rough.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:23 AM
Website Manager

I wonder if they are gonna try and get Mayhem back in the near future. Would be crazy if she finds Conners in there... Don't think it would go well if he picked a fight with her this time.

I take it that with Tyrone it's because of bringing others with him while teleporting seems to do it, hard to say if he'll get more used to it (be less of a drain) in the future or not.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The preview for next week teased them trying to get her back Not sure about Connors though! It definitely would be wild to see him.

He was doing it a lot and with many others with him It's possible he could build an endurance for it, but it's also interesting to see his powers not being limitless.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:47 PM
Total Fan

If they do find Connors I wonder what state he'll be in? He's been in that nightmare realm a long time, basically trapped in his own personal hell.

This season is definitely holding up so far.

I think Mina will continue to be important in figuring out what's happening with O'Reilly, as well as being another friend Tandy can talk to. More cast interactions are always fun.

It was shocking to see just how far Delgado has fallen. Despite Mayhem being born from all of Brigid's rage, it's nice to see that she was still capable of showing sympathy toward him. If they keep having scenes like that I may even start shipping them.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

My guess is he would be a crazed shell of his former self. Perhaps very fragile and broken down. Hopefully we'll see!

It really is! If it keeps going this way it could surpass the first season.

I think/hope so as well! I'd love for her to get more integrated into what's going on.

He fell hard and fast She definitely did seem to have a bit of a soft spot for him which was interesting!
Old 04-15-2019, 04:52 PM
Total Fan

"When I was undercover, I kept case notes on playing cards. I learned it from this reporter in New York."

I had a feeling that was a reference to Ben Urich! Apparently Joe Pokaski wrote that episode of Daredevil.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I had that same thought! I love that connection Had no idea Joe wrote that episode of Daredevil. That makes it even more perfect!