Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-31-2006, 01:32 AM
Master Fan

It's not just you. The search option has been disabled, probably because of the recent upgrade and the various problems it causes. It will come back soon.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi. I've been reading up on the forum rules as I'm a newbie and I know that i cannot double post. Do edited posts increase your post count or is it only brand new posts that count? Good forum btw.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

Hi, only new posts count. When you edit a post, you just change the content of it, it's not a brand new post so it doesn't count.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

Not exactly a newbie but I wasn't sure where to ask this.

Why are some of the names of Celebs, TV Shows & Music Artists in the new forum polls red? I've been wondering about it for a while.
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 09-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Hey

The names marked in red are those celebrities or tv shows or music artists that have already had a board for themselves in fan forum in the past
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 09-03-2006, 06:14 PM
New Fan

The board I ask this was shut down.. and I didn't feel like reposting yet...

I know there are posting number restrictions

Like:
You have to have 101 posts to have an Aviator
You have to have 500 posts to request a forum.

But I know there are more (like How many posts to be a moderator and more)

I would really like to be cleared up on this...

Ok I just had this happened to me and I decided to add another question

I went wanted to search something so I clicked the 'Search' link by new posts (Above)
and it said to me:

homerschum, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

What did I do?

"Oh don't you put me on the back burner. You know you got to help me out"
- All These Things That I've Done by The Killers
Old 09-04-2006, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

Hey

Sorry for closing up the other thread, I was sure your answer had been clarified!

This is what I post on the other thread, thinking it was what you were asking for:

Quote:
New Fan
1 post

Part-Time Fan
100 posts

Dedicated Fan
500 posts

Loyal Fan
1000 posts

Extreme Fan
2000 posts

Passionate Fan
3000 posts

Addicted Fan
4000 posts

Obsessed Fan
5000 posts

Absolute Fan
6000 posts

Total Fan
7000 posts

Ultimate Fan
8000 posts

Supreme Fan
9000 posts

Master Fan
10000 posts

Elite Fan
25000 posts

Fan Forum's Finest
50000 posts
I guess it's not what you meant?

As for your questions, there are no other post specifications on Fan Forum. It is true that to be a moderator you are expected to be an active member and therefore will need a high number of posts, but that depends on what the Moderator Managers believe is best. Therefore, we do not have an official number of posts required to become a moderator, it is only asked that the poster is an active poster of the community and the board itself.

You will find more information concerning the Moderation Appplication Process in this thread.

What else did you mean? Is there any specific position or occasion you'd like to know the post requirement off?

As for the search feature, you did not do anything wrong. The search feature is abilited and disabled often to help Fan Forum function faster and better. At the moment it is disabled for everyone, since we recently went through a software upgrade
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 09-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - cris - (View Post)
Hey

The names marked in red are those celebrities or tv shows or music artists that have already had a board for themselves in fan forum in the past
Ahh, thanks for clearing that up
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 09-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome!
Old 09-13-2006, 10:04 AM
New Fan

is the search function going to be accessible soon? or is it forever closed.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

I'm not so sure about that, so I'm going to have to get back at you
Old 09-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

I just consulted it, Rachel is working on it, the biggest problem with the search feature is that it creates a strain on the server and that is why it is disabled at the moment. Since she is working on it I can't exactly tell you guys when will it get back online, but while it happens, here's a suggestion:

Try using the google seatch feature adding site:fanforum on the search engine. It helps you find boards or threads on Fan Forum!
Old 09-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm aware that the search feature is not accessable at the moment; is the "new posts" feature unavailable for the same reason?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi..
i wasnt sure where to ask this, but is there an AFL thread here? I couldnt see it in sports, but maybe i didnt look hard enough.
and also, is there some way that a post can be fully deleted?
Thanks!

Gilmore Girls (L/L) - Friends - Glee (K/B) - HIMYM (B/R) - New Girl (J/N) - TVD (D/E, K/C)
avi by Erin
Old 09-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

Hey Both

Quote:
I'm aware that the search feature is not accessable at the moment; is the "new posts" feature unavailable for the same reason?
I think I'm missing something. What do you mean by 'new posts' feature?

Quote:
Hi..
i wasnt sure where to ask this, but is there an AFL thread here? I couldnt see it in sports, but maybe i didnt look hard enough.
If you couldn't find it on the Sports board I suggest you to send a PM to the moderators of the board asking them, they know the board and they will recall if there is a thread for it

Quote:
and also, is there some way that a post can be fully deleted?
By regular posters there isn't, but moderators can delete posts fully from the boards they moderate and posts can also be deleted by administrators or managers. However we tend to only use the deleting feature when it comes to advertisers or spamming, when a posts breaks a rule it is normally edited and the reasons for its edition are stated on it..

Hope that helped!