Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2023, 12:02 PM
Total Fan

Nolan Price | Hugh Dancy {L&O} #1

A B O U T
EADA Nolan Price is the current Executive Assistant District Attorney in the Manhattan District Attorney's Office.

He is the replacement for Michael Cutter, who left to be the Bureau Chief for the Special Victims Unit.
H I S T O R Y
Before he became EADA, Price was a defense attorney but then decided to switch over to the other side.

He was also a volunteer for the Innocence Project with friend and fellow attorney Andrea Rankin, where he demonstrated an anti-death penalty stance. He was promptly hired by A.D.A. Jack McCoy and works with Samantha Maroun.

While prosecuting a woman responsible for the murder of Henry King, Price strictly told Cosgrove not to use her confession at the trial, but Cosgrove did so anyway, which put the case in jeopardy.

Price and Maroun tried to make a case against Nina Ellis after she was arrested for the murder of Kyle Morrison. When Nina claimed that Kyle had repeatedly raped her, Price and Maroun thought that the case would be more difficult to win. In the end, Nina was convicted of murder and imprisoned for her crimes.

Price and Maroun were approached by Lieutenant Kate Dixon, who persuaded them to prosecute a murder suspect, Kyle Swanson, for murder and not for manslaughter. Price then took this argument to McCoy, who agreed based on Swanson's history of predatory behavior. Price managed to persuade the jury that Swanson was a sociopath who enjoyed committing the crimes that he committed. In the end, Swanson was found guilty and imprisoned. Dixon approached Price and congratulated him. Price offered to take Dixon out for a drink, but Dixon told him that she has something else to do related to a previous victim that Swanson targeted.

Price was saying goodbye to a date near the Canal Street subway station and as she left, a number of people fled the station. Price ran into the station and saved a woman who was bleeding after being shot. He eventually saw several Asian Americans shot up at the station. In order to prosecute the mass shooter in federal court, Price and Maroun were appointed Special Assistant United States Attorneys for the Southern District of New York. Due to the high profile of the crime, he had to seek the death penalty in the case. His friend and opposing counsel, Andrea Rankin, was surprised that Nolan would argue for capital punishment considering his history against it.

OP made by Betty

Last edited by Permanent 99; 03-25-2023 at 11:52 AM
Permanent 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

Looking at doing the OP for this one, so if anyone has any favourite Images/GIFs you'd like to see used/incorporated, please feel free to share!
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:20 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Hugh Dancy plays in Law & Order?
Old 03-20-2023, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

^^ Yes, he's the DA.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

That's fun. Love this man. My Will Graham.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:48 AM
Master Fan

^^ I watched Hannibal for the first time a few weeks ago. it was a fantastic series.

I watched because of seeing him on L&O and it sparked memories of other roles, like "Blood and Chocolate" (2007), and "Ella Enchanted".
Old 03-23-2023, 09:58 PM
Total Fan

Ella Enchanted was my introduction to him.
Old 03-25-2023, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

^^ I remember the TV Mini-Series he did in 2002 for Daniel Deronda. Such a baby face then!

Edited:

Here's the OP. Please copy and paste!

HTML Code:
[CENTER][img]https://i.imgur.com/r49URk8.png[/img][/CENTER]

[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][B][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][color="#263664"]A B O U T[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT="Century Gothic"][/FONT][/INDENT][FONT="Century Gothic"][/FONT][/INDENT][FONT="Century Gothic"][/FONT][/INDENT][FONT="Century Gothic"][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][color="#5c6a74"]●[/COLOR][color="#975d5a"] EADA Nolan Price is the current Executive Assistant District Attorney in the Manhattan District Attorney's Office.[/COLOR] 

[color="#5c6a74"]●[/COLOR][color="#975d5a"] He is the replacement for Michael Cutter, who left to be the Bureau Chief for the Special Victims Unit.[/COLOR][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]

[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][SIZE="3"][B][color="#263664"]H I S T O R Y[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][color="#5c6a74"]●[/COLOR][color="#975d5a"] Before he became EADA, Price was a defense attorney but then decided to switch over to the other side.[/COLOR] 

[color="#5c6a74"]●[/COLOR][color="#975d5a"] He was also a volunteer for the Innocence Project with friend and fellow attorney Andrea Rankin, where he demonstrated an anti-death penalty stance. He was promptly hired by A.D.A. Jack McCoy and works with Samantha Maroun.[/COLOR]

[color="#5c6a74"]●[/COLOR][color="#975d5a"] While prosecuting a woman responsible for the murder of Henry King, Price strictly told Cosgrove not to use her confession at the trial, but Cosgrove did so anyway, which put the case in jeopardy.[/COLOR] 

[color="#5c6a74"]●[/COLOR][color="#975d5a"] Price and Maroun tried to make a case against Nina Ellis after she was arrested for the murder of Kyle Morrison. When Nina claimed that Kyle had repeatedly raped her, Price and Maroun thought that the case would be more difficult to win. In the end, Nina was convicted of murder and imprisoned for her crimes.[/COLOR]

[color="#5c6a74"]●[/COLOR][color="#975d5a"] Price and Maroun were approached by Lieutenant Kate Dixon, who persuaded them to prosecute a murder suspect, Kyle Swanson, for murder and not for manslaughter. Price then took this argument to McCoy, who agreed based on Swanson's history of predatory behavior. Price managed to persuade the jury that Swanson was a sociopath who enjoyed committing the crimes that he committed. In the end, Swanson was found guilty and imprisoned. Dixon approached Price and congratulated him. Price offered to take Dixon out for a drink, but Dixon told him that she has something else to do related to a previous victim that Swanson targeted.[/COLOR]

[color="#5c6a74"]●[/COLOR][color="#975d5a"] Price was saying goodbye to a date near the Canal Street subway station and as she left, a number of people fled the station. Price ran into the station and saved a woman who was bleeding after being shot. He eventually saw several Asian Americans shot up at the station. In order to prosecute the mass shooter in federal court, Price and Maroun were appointed Special Assistant United States Attorneys for the Southern District of New York. Due to the high profile of the crime, he had to seek the death penalty in the case. His friend and opposing counsel, Andrea Rankin, was surprised that Nolan would argue for capital punishment considering his history against it.[/COLOR][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/FONT]

Last edited by B ē tt ⓨ; 03-25-2023 at 11:12 AM
Old 04-09-2023, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for adding the OP!

Discussion Question

What sort of case would you like to see Nolan's character take on? Why?
Old 06-30-2023, 05:13 PM
Graphics Team

I think it could be interesting to see the lawyers across the shows working together, not just the police officers.
Old 07-01-2023, 12:08 AM
Graphics Team Manager

So you're thinking something like Carisi & Price working together?

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 12:41 AM
Graphics Team

I always would like Carisi doing things. But yes, that is what I am thinking. OC doesn't have the law side of things so much, but maybe the case starts with them and they need the lawyers from SVU & L&O to work together to support the case?
Old 07-13-2023, 01:07 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That sounds like an interesting way to bring the shows together
Quote:
I always would like Carisi doing things.
that's true, I should've known

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-16-2023, 02:46 AM
Graphics Team

And a nice way to have a three way crossover again.
Old 07-18-2023, 01:19 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes. I'm sure they'd want to do that again too so maybe you'll get your wish

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread