Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2023, 07:15 PM
Graphics Team

That is what I am thinking for Muncy too.
Old 07-23-2023, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

I don't think the actress playing Muncy knew she'd be written out TBH, but I believe Brent knew on OC as he 'd asked for it so he could pursue other projects.
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 10:49 PM
Graphics Team

He could have asked later on so known in that moment, or arranged from the start to just have the one season. It could be the same for Molly or it may have been a loose contract which stated a certain amount of episodes for this season, uncertain if it a contract for the following season would be continued.
Old 07-30-2023, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

I think most new characters are one season simply because they want to gauge popularity with the audience.
Old 07-31-2023, 01:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

^ that wouldn't surprise me

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

I think they'd hate to sign someone for 3 seasons, only for them to not be well received.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:44 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Or even two seasons . I think some only sign for a few episodes

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-02-2023, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

I don't think it used to be that way but now with Social Media and people/fans able to share their reactions with a click...the execs want to make sure someone new is liked first.
Old 08-03-2023, 01:33 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Maybe. NCIS & SVU had characters early on who were only signed on for a few episodes or one episode but then are still on the shows. Slightly different situations though. NCIS has a character who started off in S1 as reoccurring, but I think he was just meant to be in the one ep at first. But they brought him back & then made him a main in the second season. Then their now medical examiner was just meant to appear in one episode in S1 but he clicked so well with the first medical examiner that they kept him. SVU had Fin who I think was signed on for 5 episodes? It was only a few but obviously they extended it & he's still here. Both shows at least looked at how well the cast members interact, if not some viewer response, before then keeping these characters around. But now it is a LOT easier to see fan reaction. So possibly more reason to be wary of contracts being too long.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-03-2023, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

That's the thing too, Fin was originally only set for a few episodes but fans loved him so much he became a regular and 22 years later....
Old 08-04-2023, 01:32 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Which is amazing
Hopefully whoever the get to replace Muncy can have the same luck

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-04-2023, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

And please writers, do not make anyone new a preschooler.
Old 08-05-2023, 01:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Please close the preschool & just go back to adults solving crime

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-06-2023, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

A different tactic too would be for actual applicants that Benson interviews and not just 'so and so was transferred'.
Old 08-07-2023, 01:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That'd be something new

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread