Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2023, 05:25 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Grace Muncy | Molly Burnett {SVU} #1

A B O U T
Muncy was born in July 1996, making her a millennial, which was stated by Benson one time.

Her mother is deceased and she has one brother, Teddy Muncy.

Muncy is the first detective in the franchise to be colorblind.

Muncy is the second youngest main character in the franchise, with Jet Slootmaekers being the first. She is also the youngest main character on SVU. Kim Greylek was the youngest main character on SVU at the time of her appearance at the age of 29 while Muncy is currently aged 26.

Molly Burnett joined the main cast at 34, making her eight years older than Muncy. Conversely, Michaela McManus joined the cast at 25, making her four years younger than Greylek.

H I S T O R Y
Her mother passed away when she was young, leaving her to live in a house with her brother Teddy in Queens.

She was originally with the Bronx gang unit, under the command of Captain Mike Duarte. The gang unit helps the Manhattan SVU when members of the gang BX9 attack a family visiting from Ohio.

As a white woman with the gang unit, she is unable to do some of the undercover work the rest of her colleagues can do. She can relate more to family members, particularly wives and girlfriends of the people the gang unit are trying to take down.

These experiences helped her to connect with a traumatized teenager after she was raped on the subway by a group of young criminals. After the case concluded, Benson offers her a position with the Special Victims Unit which she accepted and was partnered with Joe Velasco.

Tutuola showed annoyance towards Muncy after she left a greasy taco bag in his car as well as not filling his car up with gas.

Muncy was pulled into line by Tutuola after she hit a kidnapper named Elias Olsen with her radio after he tried to escape from the detectives in a supermarket, with Tutuola telling her that she doesn't want to get negative publicity from a witness posting a video of her on YouTube or another social media platform. She apologized to Olsen for her actions while Tutuola and her interrogated him about his crimes.

Muncy witnessed a rape victim drowning on the beach, who Velasco tried to rescue. Unfortunately Velasco was unable to save the victim and became distraught with grief and guilt. Muncy comforted Velasco in the aftermath, which Velasco appreciated.

Muncy was physically assaulted on the job by a serial rapist when she chased him down after he escaped but was able to stop him and arrest him before being saved by Tutuola, who met up with her.

During the Elias Olsen trial, Muncy lost her temper while on the stand and called Olsen an evil bastard before stating to give her ten minutes alone with him, which shocked everyone in the courtroom. Muncy felt extremely guilty about this, but Tutuola and Velasco reassured her by telling her that she isn't the first police officer to lose it at a suspect. However, Carisi wasn't too forgiving and scolded Muncy for losing her temper before telling her not to think that she knew everything. Tutuola later told Benson to take it easy on Muncy when she tells her what happened on the stand, which concerned Benson.

Muncy assisted the Bronx Special Victims Unit after Benson was violently physically assaulted and, alongside Noah, almost murdered by gang members, reuniting with her former boss Duarte. However, she was upset he didn't tell her about a tree BX9 used as a shrine to their rapes.

After Duarte is murdered by BX9 gang members, Muncy has a hard time dealing with his death and mourns deeply, expressing anger and sadness to her colleagues.

She heard audio footage of what looked like Velasco confessing to murder, which she reported to Benson. After hearing the audio footage, Benson gave Muncy a week off and told her that if Velasco tried to call her that she was not to answer or respond to his texts before warning her that if she said anything to Velasco about the audio footage that she would be demoted to a very low rank, which Muncy responded stating she understood.

Muncy struggled with Velasco's absence upon returning to duty after time off, upset that Benson wouldn't let her respond to his calls or texts.

She clashed with Churlish, expressing her anger that she recorded Velasco and that she wished that she would transfer back to the Bronx Special Victims Unit.

Muncy reunited with her brother after he became an initial suspect as well as a witness in a case involving a serial rapist spiking women's drinks in bars.

Muncy eventually transferred to the D.E.A. task force after she was accepted a job offer to transfer there.

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by B ē tt ⓨ; 05-26-2023 at 09:10 AM
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 09:43 PM
Graphics Team

I want to try and like Muncy but I swear they are making it impossible.
Old 05-13-2023, 02:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know if we're meant to like anyone in Benson's Preschool as I've now decided it is

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-14-2023, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

I agree Mimica, although I feel the same about Churlish...(Spelling?)...
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 01:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Churlish seems to make Muncy seem worse at times

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-15-2023, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

It's like they enable one another in the worst ways!
Old 05-20-2023, 06:44 PM
Graphics Team

They don't play well off each other, but then at times seem like they are implied as friends and supportive. But perhaps the show never intended for Muncy to be likable.

Spoiler:
Old 05-20-2023, 10:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Maybe

Spoiler:

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-21-2023, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

Initial fan reaction though was a dislike so maybe it's a way to remove her without feeling like "Awww, I liked her', when no one did.

Not sure why those comments were in tags, they're not spoilers.

And also no hate/dislike towards the actress, it's not her fault that she was cast. But the character is flawed in huge ways.
Old 05-21-2023, 01:34 PM
Graphics Team Manager

They are spoilers for the season finale for those who haven't watched yet so don't know what they are referring to

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-21-2023, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Ahh well it didn't feel spoilery. But thanks for the tags for those who haven't watched.
Old 05-23-2023, 03:19 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Maybe I'm wrong on what I presumed it was about & what I'd read

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-24-2023, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

No worries. I guess I'm just up to date so I knew what it was referring to.

Edited:

Molly Burnett Exits 'Law & Order: SVU' After Just One Season

Last edited by B ē tt ⓨ; 05-24-2023 at 01:30 PM
Old 05-25-2023, 01:38 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Now to officially clarify what it was presumably talking about

I'm really curious about why she's leaving... if it is because it was only ever meant to be a season or in response to fan response they've decided not to keep her around

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-26-2023, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

Well it's hinted at in the episode actually. A convo between Muncy and Velasco.

For a majority of her story line she was after Elias Olsen. Who she arrested finally! Then the focus becomes Shadowërk....

Quote:
But just as everyone thinks Muncy's latest achievement will go by unnoticed, someone goes out of their way to give her props.

"McGrath pulled me aside after the press conference," Muncy tells Detective Velasco (Octavio Pisano), whom she's grown close to.

"Oh yeah?" Velasco says. "What did he want?"

"Wanted to congratulate me on arresting Elias Olsen," Muncy explains. Velasco says the shout-out is shocking, considering all eyes have been on the Shadowërk case lately.

"He said my contribution to the city hadn't gone unnoticed," Muncy shrugs.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," Muncy says. "He wanted to offer me a job on a DEA task force."

"So you get your own car," Velasco guesses.

"Yeah," Muncy confirms. "Unlimited overtime..."

"So what'd you say?" Velasco presses.

"Told him I'd think about it," Muncy reveals.

Muncy says McGrath gave her a few days to consider the gig, but based on the job offer's enticing benefits, it seems like the DEA job might be Muncy's natural next step.

"Promise you won't tell anyone?" Muncy asks her SVU go-to.

"Who am I gonna tell?" Velasco quips. "All I do is work, you're my only real friend."

Muncy continued to contemplate the job offer while working with Organized Crime's Detective Jet Slootmaekers (Ainsley Seiger) and Churlish on the Shadowërk case. While chatting in the break room, Muncy opened up to Churlish about the potential gig and getting the promotion.
Source

Updated with the new OP!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top