Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2023, 09:40 AM
Graphics Team

Indeed he was, but he also didn't seem like he felt sorry for anything he did either.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 10:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

true
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Even if he was being 100 percent truthful in that moment while saying that I still feel sorry for him. He was manipulated and brainwashed on top of being enslaved.

Not to mention his Hyde side in general. Even if this is being truthful for the Hyde side it may not be truthful to the Tyler side. We really don't know how Hydes work but wasn't his mom bipolar? Maybe she really wasn't and it was just her Hyde side taking control. Which imo brings a lot more naunce to what's happening with him and really brings in the whole Jekyll and Hyde aspect to it (and I really hope they explore it all in s2) .

Because I really don't understand why he would say that and be tearing up. What was the point of that after everything? There was absolutely no need to put up a nice guy moment there. Wednesday knows he's the Hyde and he's saying he enjoyed the killings after a while. It doesn't make sense to me.
Old 02-15-2023, 11:43 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
He was, Heather

I was towards the end when he was whispering in Wednesday's ear!
That pretty much made him dead to me when he started taunting Wednesday and talking crap. Who knows if he'll be in S2 and somehow redeem him, but for now to hell with him lol.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 02-18-2023, 02:00 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Because I really don't understand why he would say that and be tearing up. What was the point of that after everything? There was absolutely no need to put up a nice guy moment there. Wednesday knows he's the Hyde and he's saying he enjoyed the killings after a while. It doesn't make sense to me.
When did he tear up?
Old 02-18-2023, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

When they were at the police station in the last episode. If I remember correctly he starts to tear up while talking to her but it becomes more obvious after he moves away from her and they show him again.

Here's a gif that shows that moment.

Old 02-18-2023, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh those sets both make me feel kind of bad for him. He really did get manipulated so much, and after his mom died too.
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 04:32 AM
Graphics Team

Well he got manipulated and then still acted as if he liked manipulating people himself.
I don't get if he did actually feel anything for what he did, then why also act like you couldn't care less and that you don't regret what you did? He literally was taunting Wednesday at the police station. What is the point of that? Why put up a front?
Old 02-19-2023, 09:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah I was wondering about that too
Old 02-19-2023, 03:26 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

That's why I never thought he regretted anything, he wasn't that manipulated. He enjoyed killing all those people IMO.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 05:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

I think you might be right
Old 02-19-2023, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I disagree. If I'm remembering correctly she used his feelings for his mom against him to get him on her side and acted like she cared and became a "safe" place for him. And we saw how his dad was (distant and neglectful) so he probably saw Laurel as someone who was showing him attention, comfort, and talking about his mom. And saw her as someone to trust. All the while whispering in his ear about how bad the outcasts are and look what they did to his mom and she can help him and she's totally here for him.

Then proceeded to take his trust and use it against him and chain him up in that cave and from the looks of his body probably even hurt him physically. Then ejected him with something that brought out his Hyde. And now he is a slave to Laurel according to what I remember hearing from the show.

As for the crying thing...

So I want to start out saying I have no idea if I'm wrong, right, or somewhere in the middle. I'm sure that's a giving but I still wanted to put it out there. This is just a bunch of my thoughts, theories, and opinions.

We don't know how the Hyde works. The taunting could have been Hyde while the crying/emotional part could have been Tyler. Hyde could be the more dominate in that moment but Tyler might still be able to hear and see all that is happening and maybe broke through a little with that and breaks through in other cases but maybe Hyde is still the dominate one.

Which could mean Hyde was telling the truth but Tyler hated what happened. And also is hating what is happening and what Laurel wants him to do to Wednesday and just in general.

Or it could be truthful because he has been manipulated and etc. by Laurel to enjoy it. And the crying still comes out because of Tyler.

Or maybe when the Hyde was released it became a mixture of Hyde and Tyler. And Laurel becoming his master didn't help the confusing process. On top of her manipulating and full on enslaving him, and him not getting a chance to understand what is happening to himself, maybe he did grow to like what he was doing. But again even if that's the case I still find the crying to reveal something more than what we're hearing and seeing on surface level.

Or maybe he as Tyler and Hyde did start to enjoy what he/they were doing but with time things started changing for him on some level because of Wednesday (even if he was being truthful about his feelings on the murders). But he still had to do what he had to do because his circumstances haven't changed. Wednesday is an enemy to Laurel and he still has to follow Laurel. So again maybe he was being truthful about his feelings on the murder parts but even if that's the case again I still find the crying is revealing there is something more than what we're hearing and seeing on surface level.

And as for using the crying as a manipulation tactic that doesn't make sense to me because of the reasons I said before. There was no need to cry if it doesn't mean something more. If he was going to manipulate her crying wouldn't work (and didn't). Again both still did what they had to do.

There are so many different possibilities that could be happening. If you don't agree with anything I'm saying that's fine and it's looking like we don't agree. Which again that's fine but I don't want to keep going around in circles since I'll still believe what I believe and you'll believe what you do.

I do want to say though even if I turn out to be wrong about the crying and the possible reasons for it I still like Tyler overall (and I really can't wait to see how they grow/develop his character in s2). Especially in a show with a dark tone and a show involving Wednesday/Addams family and the kind of characters they are. I mean Wednesday herself even tried to murder people and her only regret was she didn't succeed but yet I still like her. She's probably my number 1 fave character in the show.
Old 02-20-2023, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Yes!!

I thought it was quite obvious that it was the Hyde speaking to Wednesday up until the end when Tyler had tears in his eyes. That was the moment the real Tyler was showned. I believe he does remember the things he has done as the Hyde. But that the Hyde have such a bigger control of him that he isn't strong enough to fight it anymore.

Also the music drop in that scene speaks alot, that something switched in him the moment we see his tears in his eyes.

If that little moment wasn't important and didn't have some sort of meaning, it would not have been showed in the scene at all.

At the time 2.34 and forward in this video, listen to the music and how Tyler changed behavior from earlier in the video:

Who's afraid of little old me?
--------------You should be.
→ Jessica | creative dream
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really can't wait for them to explore more of the lore for Hyde's and Tyler himself. And now that he is no long enslaved to Laurel I also wonder what that means for him.

I don't think I even paid attention to that but that is such a good point. Music plays a huge part in scenes too and the music drop is very interesting.

I agree.