Old 08-05-2023, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

it just keeps getting better
Old 08-06-2023, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am so glad it was a wonderful season. Some sophomore seasons of shows dip in quality but this one certainly didn't. I personally still prefer season 1 but maybe in time that will change. I do think season 2 was a lot deeper and even more emotional. I prefer lighter-hearted stuff these days, but of course season 2 was filled with some great moments as well. I wish they would cut back on all the horrible homophobic people, but i guess they are just following the novels and sadly, that is part of life. And they have to be realistic with the characters journeys...

Character rankings this season:
1. Nick - the actor got even better and I'm so proud of how far he came from season 1 and how strong and supportive he was the entire season.
2. Elle - still love her and shes usually always the most rational and level headed. Wish we got a tad more of her but I was satisfied.
3. Charlie - I felt sad for him this season, he seemed to be struggling a lot more emotionally dealing with the Ben stuff again, but he's a great character.
4. Tao - I feel like Tao mellowed out a bit more this season which was nice but then he also felt less Tao-ish to me? Maybe it was the hair lol.
5. Isaac - Loved his small development this season and learning more about him.
6. Tori - I think she was funnier in season 1 but I still like her. Hope she gets a SL in season 3?
7. Sarah - not as enjoyable as season 1 either but still a great mom.
8. Imogen - she was fun this season and grew a bit too
9. James - Loved this addition, too bad it didnt work with isaac but he was sweet.
10. Mr. Farouk - He was hilarious to me this season.

Overall with the exception of Nick/Charlie and Isaac I feel like all the characters were slightly blander versions of themselves from season 1? Maybe season 1 was more focused on characters and season 2 storylines? I'm not sure. Hate to say that Tara/Darcy just don't really interest me as much as the other characters, sorry! (they did get better in the later half tho)

Couple wise obviously Nick/Charlie were the strongest and their storyline was phenomenal. I didn't enjoy Tao/Elle as much as s1 or as much as I was expecting but I still loved them. The teachers SL was fantastic, loved them. Darcy/Tara idk, they never really interested me but I did like getting a bit deeper into Darcy's home life. I think we need to learn more about Imogen next season for sure.

Episode Ranking from this season for me:

1. 2x05 Heat - Loved this ep in Paris. Super fun. It was light-hearted, funny, and the focus on the couples was so fun! Tao/Elle, Nick/Charlie and the teachers were so cute!
2. 2x04 Challenge - Love this ep in Paris, very fun and light hearted and liked seeing T/E make up and the C/N make out
3. 2x06 Truth or Dare - T/E were great this ep. The party scenes were nice. THE TEACHERS!
4. 2x08 Perfect - Decent finale. Liked the prom theme. The ending emotional moments were my favorite parts + T/E.
5. 2x02 Family - Strong episode, I think really set up some good storylines for season 2, a tad meatier than the premiere imo.
6. 2x01 Out - Very strong premiere. Great opening moments for N/C. The group sleepover was super cute.
7. 2x03 Promise - Solid episode. Not much else to say!
8. 2x07 Sorry - Great episode, very deep and emotional but it was also sad and therefor a bit hard to watch for me.

Not sure there any 10's for me this season but I do think quite a few 9's and 8's!

I know season 3 is going to be wonderfull too and I can already imagine the potential storylines coming.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I feel like all the characters were slightly blander versions of themselves from season 1?
That is so interesting. I found the characters were more fleshed out this season than they were in the first one.
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I also feel the opposite, i feel like we got to know a lot more about the characters and we got to see them grow up a bit

thanks for sharing your thoughts
Old 08-06-2023, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like we got to know more about them and they were more fleshed out for the most part, especially Darcy and Isaac, but I mean more like, how they act and their little quirks etc.

But I guess i should clarify that i mostly meant Tao... he just felt more generic this season and less unique like he was in season 1 for me. Tara was kinda the same. Tori, I dont think we got to know more about, she got less stuff.
Old 08-08-2023, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I think Tao was maybe trying to change himself a bit bc he didn't think he was good enough for Elle, maybe that was it?
Old 08-09-2023, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

that was part of it. He did feel a lot calmer, but maybe he was just cooler with Nick this season. His hair change was maybe part of it too lol.
Old 08-10-2023, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I did see some fantastic examples of weirdo Tao throughout the season. Quirky king But agreed that him not being so hyper/worked up about Nick could definitely contribute to him mellowing out a bit His insecurities weren't out there TOTALLY making a mess of things. Growth

Also loving that the episodes were longer this go around and we got to spend more time with everyone
Old 08-10-2023, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

i loved that too, do you guys have a fav character this season?
Old 08-14-2023, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I sincerely don't know how to choose
Old 08-15-2023, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

i know right?