Old 01-30-2022, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

hope she has a good birthday

{}
Old 01-30-2022, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Same! I saw some stories on Ig from people wishing her happy birthday, hopefully the GG cast did the same

Old 02-03-2022, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I hate how they sidelined her in 1B.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I don't think they sidelined it, they gave her a new friend - Shan - so she doesn't have to be linked only to her sisters and her friends, who aren't exactly her friends as well. Shan encourageher to be herself, didn't you like that? Her storyline became more focused on her than the Obie drama and I liked the way she supported her sister.

Also in 1b everything went super fast and lots of stuff happened and Julien's story was big, so no surprise it took more space. As I said they included Zoya as well.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
I don't think they sidelined it, they gave her a new friend - Shan - so she doesn't have to be linked only to her sisters and her friends, who aren't exactly her friends as well. Shan encourageher to be herself, didn't you like that? Her storyline became more focused on her than the Obie drama and I liked the way she supported her sister.

Also in 1b everything went super fast and lots of stuff happened and Julien's story was big, so no surprise it took more space. As I said they included Zoya as well.
I guess I felt she forgave Julien too easily. I liked Shan and her. But I don’t know I feel like the character is being punished for being true to herself.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

In 1b I started thinking that Zoya looks more like the bigger sister of the two, even if sometimes she still acts like life is just black or white (but that's normal for a 15 years old).

That didn't seem rushed to me because she did it when Julien's problems exploded and she decided that was more important.

Being punished, well, they wouldn't give her a friend that likes her exactly the way she is and who pushes her to be her authentic self if they wanted to punish her for that. The fact that she didn't get along well with Julien's friend was clear since the beginning, no one really liked her for real.

Old 02-05-2022, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

By sidelining her from the friend group it pushes her character to the side and she is the second name
Old 02-05-2022, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

It would have been unrealistic if the whole friends group welcomed her and she went along with them so well, she's a different character and she's not afraid to be herself, so it has sense. It didn't feel as sidelining her, to me. Even in the last episode she clearly didn't want to be there with them all.

I feel that in S2 she'll be more part of that, but still having different friendships and maybe a new love interest too, who knows (Safran said there will be new characters).

What do you mean with second name?

Old 02-06-2022, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
It would have been unrealistic if the whole friends group welcomed her and she went along with them so well, she's a different character and she's not afraid to be herself, so it has sense. It didn't feel as sidelining her, to me. Even in the last episode she clearly didn't want to be there with them all.

I feel that in S2 she'll be more part of that, but still having different friendships and maybe a new love interest too, who knows (Safran said there will be new characters).

What do you mean with second name?
She is your other lead. Basically she has the spot Blair had in the original. I don't mind her branching out and nor do I expect them all to embrace her. But, I would have liked to see them try. I think Julien's dad story did sort of take over. Plus with that finale twist, she's going to need her sister to pull her back from the brink and that friend group is probably going to fracture for a bit due to what they set up.

This show has too many characters already. Safran always has a focus problem when it comes to the shows he writes. It's like he has showrunner ADHD.
Old 02-06-2022, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I admit that even if the show was advertised with Julien and Zoya as the couple of leads, I never really felt like it was the center. Sure, the new GG used their relationship to come back as it happened with Blair and Serena, but in the end Zoya kept her outsider point of view and this reflected also in the way the other characters welcomed her. It changed a little only in the last episodes, when she "worked" with them to help Julien.

If the friends group is going to fracture remains to be seen, Julien made a deal with GG (and we don't know what it was), but she said she'll always protect her family and friends anyway. If that's what you was talking about.

Zoya needs new friends for sure, the thing is that probably the people she likes don't mix with the rest of the characters, so it's a little bit tough.

Ohh I totally agree about Safran. It was the same with Smash, he took over in S2 as the showrunner and he added several new characters, I think 6 or 7? Probably he thinks that the more the better, like more characters he has, more stories he can write (I'll forever believe he ruined Smash, anyway).

Old 02-06-2022, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

and his own show quantico lol. I am still sad about smash. I just don’t see the point of keeping her on the outside if you aren’t going to bring her in the food. But I think this is where I sissy’s disagreed with a good portion of people. Not a fan of us vs them. I just see Julien getting carried away and that throuple is bound to implode.
Old 02-06-2022, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I'll never forgive him for Smash, I mean it (the cameos he put in GG are nice though, I hope Kat and Megan can appear in S2).

Well an outsider can alkways stir some drama, especially the us vs them one you mentioned. It's all for the sake of drama and conflict.

Julien can get easily carried away, it's going to be a disaster and I like that about the throuple, well if you look at my avatar and signature, you know my thought about it

Old 02-07-2022, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I'll never forgive him for Smash, I mean it (the cameos he put in GG are nice though, I hope Kat and Megan can appear in S2).

Well an outsider can alkways stir some drama, especially the us vs them one you mentioned. It's all for the sake of drama and conflict.

Julien can get easily carried away, it's going to be a disaster and I like that about the throuple, well if you look at my avatar and signature, you know my thought about it
I'm with you on that one.
I feel the same about S4B/S5a of GG
Old 02-07-2022, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Oh yeah, when a lot of new characters were introduced and now I barely remember their names Lola, Julie and so on.

Do you follow the characters on IG?

Old 02-07-2022, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I am not a big on ig, i made a fandom account for nancy drew... so i might follow a few of them especially evan and whitney.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread