Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2022, 03:05 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't have breaks/holidays like you are thinking. My current centre closes for two weeks over Christmas/New Years but last year no the time didn't fly. It was just enough time for me to get bored & start thinking about work again & planning for the following year. I will see how this year's feels... But since my previous centre never closed so I am not used to the break I don't think I will feel it flies still

I had my staff Christmas party yesterday which wasn't as unpleasant as I thought it would be. My anxiety generally doesn't like things like that

How about your weekend?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Get bored even, wow maybe you simply like to work or be busy in something

Oh I completely understand, I don't like such things for the same reason and often you can't even refuse or not go, because it doesn't "look" nice. Good that it wasn't that bad, anyway! Did you shared gifts or something?

I had a weekend like I always do, it rained here, so I didn't do anything. I played at The Sims and read. I'm almost at completing my Goodreads reading challenge! Oh I also wrote a bit of my Akimax fic.

Old 12-05-2022, 12:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm used to working & not having the breaks. Breaks are good to reset a mind but I find a week is enough & after that my mind will go back to work.

It is fine to refuse to go. I generally attend & not enjoy myself at all & end up feeling bored, anxious, & uncomfortable. That wasn't too bad & didn't really feel much of that though which was good. I think it helps that I have a smaller & better group of people now.
No we didn't share gifts. They were going to do a secret santa, then ran out of time, but now seem to be doing it again so I don't know what is happening there . Don't want to do it personally. Especially as it is December & I don't shop in December beyond food shopping unless I have to.

Sounds like a nice weekend still

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-05-2022, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Oh, I'm used to long breaks, so for me a week is nothing I can enjoy work (it depends on what kind of work is, though), but since usually I end up having to deal with groups of people, then I need quite some time to "recover".

Of course they can't foce you, but for example I prefer for those things to not happen at all, because I don't want to go, but when I say so people always go like don't be an antisocial, so it's good that you have a smaller and better group now! It can really make the difference (to me it's the same, I still don't like such things )

Oh well, but if they're doing the secret santa you better be sure about it, so you can buy something, eventually, even if you don't like it. Can you refuse to do it?

Sunday always goes too fast, unfortunaltely I wish I could go to the theatre every Sunday

Old 12-05-2022, 11:29 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Makes sense

See I don't get that, I can not go or go doesn't matter. I choose to face my anxiety even if I don't want to go. Sorry you have people who behave that way

Well my co-educator in my room said no she can't afford it which is why I don't know what is happening. But when I was saying I didn't want to do it I was still included so . They also were going to not do it at all because I didn't want to which I thought was silly. I'm not going to take other people's fun away, I just didn't see why I had to be involved in something I didn't want to do. I'll clarify tomorrow to see what is happening

That'd be fun if you could

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-06-2022, 05:13 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I choose to face my anxiety even if I don't want to go.
That's great, to me such events are not that important, so if I can avoid to go, them I do it. It must be the "free time" aspect of them, I think, because I'm fine at singing with my choir or go to tap lessons, we chat and joke there too, but I just don't enjoy dinners or even worse parties.

Quote:
Sorry you have people who behave that way
It's better now, like some are my friends and know that so they don't ask me to go to dinners and they still like me, but still sometimes I feel judged by others. The majority of my life I had to deal with such comments, unfortunately.

Oh that sounds confusing also maybe the ones who said they weren't going to do it after you said it were probably like OH COOL, SOMEONE SAID IT FIRST and they simply added themselves, it's really silly, but I get it, because if they maybe don't have the excuse of not being able to afford it, then they didn't know what to say.

Yeah, make sure or it's a mess

Very fun there was a time, decades ago, where I used to go twice or thrice a month, because thanks to my high school professor we had cheap tickets. It was amazing.

Old 12-07-2022, 01:44 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Makes sense

That's good it is better
There's always going to be people who judge . I had that where I used to work.

Nah the person who said they couldn't afford it didn't know what I'd said as she'd already left the dinner. I still have no idea what is going on there. There are other issues & priorities & I completely forgot

That sounds amazing . I feel like I could count how many shows I've been to on my two hands

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-07-2022, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah, I guess when it'sa free time I get more anxious because the chatting is free and it can get where I'm not at ease, while when it's a setting like choir or dance lesson there's still "something to do", so it doesn't get too far.

True, but it's so difficult to live like this when it would be so easy for them to respect what other people do with their life.

Oh, so it was just a mess Imagine if someone instead still believes you're doing it, so buys a present, but then no one shows up and it's awkward.

Well, but it's understandable, with where you live and the fact that big shows aren't close to where you are. Musicals though have always been my personal idea, like the professor didn't take us (or me) to see them. But I like theatre in general ,so I go see everything as long as the plot is interesting or the author.

Old 12-08-2022, 12:11 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Makes sense
I developed (or strengthened) anxiety from attending & feeling "other" while watching how easily everyone chatted & that didn't necessarily include me. Also just watching people get drunk isn't entertaining. At least now I have a better group & they don't seem to have a goal of having a night out getting drunk (at least not so far anyway). So hopefully that will help make that anxiety lessen back down over time

I don't think respecting differences is easy for people unfortunately

It has been officially cancelled now

I was talking about my whole life. I haven't always lived in the one area, I have moved a few times & lived in 5 different places. But even when I lived in oart of Sydney so bigger productions were more accessible it didn't cross my mind. I think because it had always been on a rarer occasion I didn't consider how I could go whenever I wanted.
I am now curious what my list would be...
Spoiler:

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-08-2022, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I tend to get excluded too in conversations when there are too many people, in general though my anxiety is about the chatting topics and jokes and things like these, which I often don't like. Yeah, looking at other getting drunk is another reason why I never went out when I was a teen, just it wasn't for me. I remember a classmate telling everyone how much she had drank during a summer english learning trip to Malta. Now I'm not also comfortable at people looking at me since I don't drink at all, it's just so annoying.

Having a group like that can help, I'm sure. To me can make it better when I can't avoid such situations.

Quote:
It has been officially cancelled now
Great! I mean it would have been a nice idea, but since not everybody was into that, at least now you have confirmation

Oh, it makes sense if you lived in different places. It's possible that back then you were so used to not being a thing in your life that you didn't think of it. Like for me it's the same for going to the cinema: I rarely went in my life, so for me it's simply something that's not part of my life, like maybe then I buy the DVD, but going to see a movie when it's out? I forget it.

My list is too long to share I save all the theatre tickets since 2003, though! Also flyers of the show, if I get the chance to.

Spoiler:

Decorated the Christmas tree today, as tradition says

Old 12-09-2022, 08:22 PM
Graphics Team Manager

What is the tradition?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-09-2022, 09:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Popping in to say hello!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 12-10-2022, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Heeeeey how are you? And how's everyone weekeng going?

Old 12-10-2022, 06:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

So far so good. yours?

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 12-10-2022, 09:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Ilaria Kat appeared on a Delta Goodrem Christmas special here . Pity it was just her & her husband talking to her. Wish she sang. Delta tried to get them to say they were coming to Australia at some point but they didn't give a proper answer. I'm still going to take it as my loves combining even if Kat didn't sing

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread