Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2022, 02:08 AM
Graphics Team Manager

They shouldn't need them all done if they were releasing them weekly. I wonder if they're waiting to have Rome scenes edited so they can throw them into the promo as a drawcard?

I presume it'd be mini-batches as like you said HBO Max doesn't seem to do all at once

Doesn't really give any leeway for November then but maybe as you said it is a good month to release shows Maybe because holidays are coming up so people have time off to watch them?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-28-2022, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I wonder if they're waiting to have Rome scenes edited so they can throw them into the promo as a drawcard?
I didn't think about that although they're on episode 10, so pretty far in the season. They could just use some vague frames like city views or characters simply walking in the streets, though.

I'm still holding on hope it's a weekly episode, though

Maybe, but when there is a lot of stuff to watch, it's more difficult to have big numbers, while if GG premieres in a month with very little stuff, then more people can watch it. It can be pushed aside, if there is more exciting stuff coming at the same time, GG only had one season, plus the buzz about it stopped TEN months ago now (not everyone follows spoilers or set stuff) and they're doing nothing to reawaken it and let eople remember it exist.

Sure, it's always available so people can check it out even later, even next year, but for it to get renewed I think HBO Max needs a lot of engagement in the first weeks.

Old 09-29-2022, 03:20 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Engagement as it happens is far better than later on. Plus you need engagement before they decide

It doesn't make sense to put everything all in one month. But maybe it works out somehow? I have no idea how TV & streaming work...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-29-2022, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

According to safran they're editing the last two episodes, but they're going to mix again next Thursday

Quote:
Plus you need engagement before they decide
Unless they're convinced GG will do well anyways, like Evan in an interview he did months ago, while they were still filming (but it was posted in August) said that GG is going to have a S3. Still building the buzz is important, you never know if people got tired in the meantime, especially when S1 ended almost one year ago.

Old 09-30-2022, 12:21 AM
Graphics Team Manager

They may be so sure on it but if they don't promote it well then their sure thing may not do as well as it could've

Nice they're almost done, shame it got pushed back though. Surely that's enough to promote & start releasing soon

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-30-2022, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Oh I totally agree, I'd really like to know what are their marketing choices.

Based on a pic by Eli of Evan (I'll post it in their thread), they're doing voice recordings for the show and based on the tiny slice of screen that you can see in the pic, it looks like the Met Gala episode? Everyone's in NY,

Old 10-02-2022, 11:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

But reboots do not typically do as well naturally, so promotion should be big.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh

Last edited by Cadenf; 10-04-2022 at 05:37 PM
Old 10-02-2022, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

So you say they do well no matter what? I'm not sure I got what you meant

Old 10-04-2022, 05:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Cause I can't type. They do not usually do as well.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 10-05-2022, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Oh, okay

Yeah, I agree. GG was a big success and S1 didn't have a loit of promo, I think, like they posted a trailer the month before, following just a short teaser. Then they opened characters' IG, but they didn't really add posts there before the show premiered.

Now most people probably even forgot the show is back, it's almost a YEAR at this point I'm starting to think they're waiting for HoTD to start promoting anything and sadly I fear it's going to be in November

Tomorrow they're back mixing, hopefully they're finishing it and have no more breaks!

Old 10-08-2022, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

InStyle said that since the first pics of filming appeared, the boots Julien wears on the Met Steps are sold out, they still are and they're available only in black and brown.

https://twitter.com/gossipgbra/statu...21079905021960

Old 10-10-2022, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

no thanks for me... but now I remembered I have boots like those that I cannot wear
Old 10-10-2022, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Well they have a comfortable heel height at least

I bought one of Monet's skirts, secondhand. It's cool that GG is so trend inspiring, though, like I said already fashion designers even sent them stuff before it went on sale, so when Ig accounts will see them in S2 and post about it, people will go look for them in stores. But people still search online for OG outfits, although those are more difficult to find because they're of a decade ago, more or less.

Old 10-14-2022, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

It seems the trailer exists!

Anyway the new rumor about the premiere is December

Old 10-14-2022, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

ooo hopefully come soon to us

{}
Closed Thread   Post New Thread