Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2022, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for explaning I like Broadway and theatre. Safran is a good writer imo, he wrote beautiful scenes and quotes; but as a showrunner I don't think he is that successful. ^^

There are two new podcasts, one with Kelly and the other one is with Schwartz and Savage volume 2!

https://open.spotify.com/show/4RRlgGFwhpsOdelb2O1Q6a

I love Kelly so much. I am a fan of her since "Generations" I also love Lily

BTW didn't know Jessica became a mother too! Congratz to her, so happy for her!

Last edited by lessismore; 02-10-2022 at 05:04 AM
Old 02-10-2022, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Safran is a good writer imo, he wrote beautiful scenes and quotes; but as a showrunner I don't think he is that successful. ^
That's how I feel.
Old 02-10-2022, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Thanks for explaning I like Broadway and theatre. Safran is a good writer imo, he wrote beautiful scenes and quotes; but as a showrunner I don't think he is that successful. ^^
I'm not a huge fan of his writing, so in my opinion that's why he's not successful as a showrunner. The things are linked, to me. Sure, in his shows he wasn't the only one writing, so I can't know exactly what he wrote and what not, but if he allowed bad writing then for me it's the same.

Quote:
There are two new podcasts, one with Kelly and the other one is with Schwartz and Savage volume 2!

https://open.spotify.com/show/4RRlgGFwhpsOdelb2O1Q6a

I love Kelly so much. I am a fan of her since "Generations" I also love Lily
Thanks for the link! I like Kelly too, I still have the screenshot of when I followed her on Twitter many years ago and she sent me a thank you message

By the way Kelly reposted a Rufly edit on her IG stories

Quote:

BTW didn't know Jessica became a mother too! Congratz to her, so happy for her!
The tweet is about that? I can't see them when they're embedded

I didn't know that too I also saw a pic of Kaylee DeFer, who played Ivy Dickens and she has two kids too she looks older than her age, in this pic

Old 02-10-2022, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I think he write good dialogue but he can't map story. He needed a lot more training before diving into becoming a head writer.
Old 02-10-2022, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I agree. And of course this is a problem when you have to cohordinate a writers room (his are always FULL of people, the reboot has a lot and added new ones for S2 even) and write shows with so many characters and twists.

For those who don't watch the reboot, in the Halloween episode the Blair and Serena dresses came back

Old 02-11-2022, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I think he write good dialogue but he can't map story. He needed a lot more training before diving into becoming a head writer.
Agreed and what I meant. Other than that, he definitely misses tons of points that the story needs

That was cute! I thought it was Serena's cotillion dress too but they used her wedding dress, ok...

Gorgeous

I love Eric Fashion was one of the reasons that attracted the viewers and Eric made a hell of a job Savage said she was involved in the design process and that she had a scrapbook for fashion styles of the characters (unlike other producers would have) and her ideas and Eric's would match in general.

Last edited by airali_glo; 02-11-2022 at 01:27 PM
Old 02-11-2022, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

The fashion was too itch. I loved both Blair and Serena’s cotillion dresses but my fav was prob Jenny cotillion dress and Blair’s at DS wedding.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love them all

Spoiler:

DS and CB

Why she doesn't have any pants? I thought she had pants!
Spoiler:

Gorgeous

ugh this was so weird!
Old 02-11-2022, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I liked the style of OG GG, even though it wasn't very realistic for a teenager to dress like that even at school. The reboot is more realistic about this, it's more contemporary.

I liked Blair's style, though, I even bought her same red tights because they're amazing

Serena's Cotillion dress is amazing!

I didn't like when Jenny started dressing with so much black. People said it was influenced by Taylor, but I don't know if that's true. Damian surely works with actors, even in the new GG the ring that Max wears on his pinky is something him and Thomas decided.

Quote:
Why she doesn't have any pants? I thought she had pants!
Because the outfit was borrowed Obie (who was dressed as Sinatra) gave her the jacket and the tie only, but I don't know if it was her idea to go pantless Also Zoya/Chuck was borrowed, only Aki had no problem to go around in his underwear.
She had this idea when they saw the other two girls dressed as Blair and serena (on purpose). Julien and Zoya first couple costume was Beyoncé and Solange, but they had to change at the very last minute when they were already at the party.

Why Ivy is wearing Serena's dress in that pic??

Old 02-11-2022, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
I liked the style of OG GG, even though it wasn't very realistic for a teenager to dress like that even at school. The reboot is more realistic about this, it's more contemporary.

I liked Blair's style, though, I even bought her same red tights because they're amazing

Serena's Cotillion dress is amazing!

I didn't like when Jenny started dressing with so much black. People said it was influenced by Taylor, but I don't know if that's true. Damian surely works with actors, even in the new GG the ring that Max wears on his pinky is something him and Thomas decided.

Because the outfit was borrowed Obie (who was dressed as Sinatra) gave her the jacket and the tie only, but I don't know if it was her idea to go pantless Also Zoya/Chuck was borrowed, only Aki had no problem to go around in his underwear.
She had this idea when they saw the other two girls dressed as Blair and serena (on purpose). Julien and Zoya first couple costume was Beyoncé and Solange, but they had to change at the very last minute when they were already at the party.

Why Ivy is wearing Serena's dress in that pic??
Cause ivy is crazy
Old 02-12-2022, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

But

Old 02-12-2022, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
But
Call me Serena is still the most hilarious scene ever!
Old 02-12-2022, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I don't remember that scene at all, I was laughing at your reply, but I trust you

Old 02-14-2022, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Call me Serena is still the most hilarious scene ever!
it was the wierdest!

It is in season 4 finale. There's a party at the school that alumni are also attending. Dan is going with Charlie (Ivy) and she is a con as you know, she is acting crazy but she is crazy for real too imo anyways, she wore Serena's cotillion dress, which is one of a kind, and made her hair like her too. It was sad that Dan didn't remember it at all, I was sad and mad as Serena was. Anyways, then they go to the school and Ivy asked if he did anything exciting, crazy at school when he was a student... Then offered to have sex at the manager's room. While getting at it she said to Dan "Call me Serena" Dan was like "Wha?" Sorry couldn't find that scene...

Old 02-14-2022, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Oh well, I had forgotten this completely

Well, to Dan's defence, Serena wore so many dresses that it's not unusual for him to forget one lol

Call me serena, oh well

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top