Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2022, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah, there wasn't that pressure, also it was easier for a show to reach 6 or more seasons, now it's so difficult, because platforms and networks have always to keep the viewers "excited" with new stuff and since the money isn't endless, they always look for new stuff, cancelling the old. I admit I'm always kinda worried when I start a new series, especially if I get attached to it.

Quote:
Some older people are happy to stream. But it is mostly that 20-40 age group (or even 0-20).
True. My parents aren't absolutely the streamers kind my father does it with a few things, but I always have to help him do it because he has no idea
I think we're going to be way different, at their ages.

Yeah, it was. Now I kinda smile when I see the first ads with that "bad" reviews on them, because it looked like a scandalous show and I'm like ?? it wasn't they were genius at using those, though.

Old 09-28-2022, 02:15 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

It is so hard to know if it is worth starting something new

My parents don't have any streaming service. I'd probably have to show them how to use one although I think they used Netflix once as it was included in their accommodation.

I'm not sure if I saw those

Chelle » join GTmy articon
Old 09-28-2022, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
Oh well, I started from the pilot here when there were repeats on tv and I decided to do it only because I saw CB everywhere on forum boards and I wanted to know why everyone shipped them and who they were
oh really CB was everywhere then too? Was it after 7th episode then?
Old 09-28-2022, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
My parents don't have any streaming service. I'd probably have to show them how to use one although I think they used Netflix once as it was included in their accommodation.
My father isn't a fan of those in general, plus he's content with watching tv shows when they air on tv, he watched Picard on Prime just because we have Prime and I open the page for him, but I'm sure if we didn't have it, he simply wouldn't watch.

Really? They were kinda famous back then and sometimes Safran still brings them up today

Quote:
oh really CB was everywhere then too? Was it after 7th episode then?
I used to post on some italian forums back then (I even opened one about Nate and Serena, at some point) and people used to have CB avatars and signatures - it wasn't like here, on those boards you could add pictures and gifs to your sign. Also banners to advertise forum boards used CB pics.

Yes, it was past 7th episode, here GG aired one episode a day every afternoon from Monday to Friday (it was like that for basically all teen dramas, back then). That's how i could check the first two seasons rather quickly.

Old 09-29-2022, 03:17 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

hmm looking at those maybe I do know them... been a while so probably forgot

Old 09-29-2022, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I remember them even if I didn't watch the show when it arrived in the US, but now I really wonder why critics said those things about it, just because Blair has sex in a limo? Or because she's a bully and has minions? Because they drink? In the books they even smoke and Nate is always stoned (they toned it down a lot in the show and at some point he stopped completely).

It makes me smile, because if I compare to what tv shows do now

Old 09-30-2022, 12:16 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

Might've been made up to try get a buzz

Old 09-30-2022, 04:08 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I don't know, there's the source written below the quotes

Old 10-01-2022, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)

I used to post on some italian forums back then (I even opened one about Nate and Serena, at some point) and people used to have CB avatars and signatures - it wasn't like here, on those boards you could add pictures and gifs to your sign. Also banners to advertise forum boards used CB pics.

Yes, it was past 7th episode, here GG aired one episode a day every afternoon from Monday to Friday (it was like that for basically all teen dramas, back then). That's how i could check the first two seasons rather quickly.
awwww I totally get it! I ship them since the 3rd episode really and then rewatched the pilot and 1x2 and saw tips and dips here and there and loved them even more and then boommmm 1x7 happened!!! and there was no going back!
Old 10-01-2022, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

1x07 was probably the episode that started everything for a lot of shippers, they even made that song iconic.

I never became a shipper, as I said, I was interested in Nate and Serena only, so I just aknowledged the great moment and then I moved on

I admit that I didn't like though that in S2 and on the show got too focused on them, while the others became I wouldn't say "background" but almost, as if their stories counted less than the CB one, whatever that was (the I love you first and then other things). I always had that impression and I wasn't a fan of that, S1 was more a group season and it worked better in my opinion.

Old 10-20-2022, 01:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

Quote:
Ed Westwick discussed his iconic turn in Gossip Girl, his fears surrounding his future children and his surprising new career path in an exclusive chat with MailOnline. The 35-year-old actor earned a legion of fans playing the troubled but loveable Chuk Bass in the CW series, a character known for boozing and dating girls like his fellow St. Jude's student, Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester). After the show ended in 2012 it was rebooted last year with a fresh cast, and Ed - who recently partnered with investing app Shares - has confessed he'd be more than happy to reprise his role if they'd have him.

He revealed: 'I wouldn't say no. It would be cool! I don't know if that's a direction they could go in though!'

The original show followed the lives of privileged teenagers attending an exclusive private school in Manhattan and the mysterious blogger that anonymously dished out their scandalous secrets. 'It blows my mind and it feels crazy to have been a part of something so big,' Ed confessed. 'It was a big part of my life back then and it still is, and now with the reboot a whole generation get to enjoy it.'
Source

Old 10-20-2022, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Everytime I read Ed saying that NOW he would come back I can't help but think that he says that only because his acting career didn't take fly. He had no intention of revisiting Chuck even after few years had passed after GG ended, he was like "I have nothing more to give to that character, I already gave him all I could" and now he's like "oh why not?".

Safran before the reboot started said that they had reached to all of them. Having Chuck without Blair wouldn't make much sense, honestly, but I also think that such a character would be a little "cumbersome" even as a cameo, like everyone would only look at him and who knows, even comparing him to the new characters as people already did in the past. Even though there isn't much love for his character now, I think, I saw a lot of hate towards him on social media even after so many years.

By the way I remember Safran saying about the Blair's character that in case she was back, it had to have a story and not just because. That's why I think they put Georgina in a storyline involving several characters, in S2. If Chuck came back, they'd have to involve him in a storyline as well.

Old 10-21-2022, 01:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

Lots of actors want a break after playing a character for a long period of time, then after a while can change feelings about them or be willing to revisit the character. Opinions also can change when circumstances change. Between now & when the OG ended it wasn't an option but now that he actually has a chance of revising it he could actually consider it. Being asked between the two shows it was a fictional situation.

I think they could have one without the other providing he has a reason to be around. It is silly for any of them to make an appearance just for the sake of making an appearance. It needs to be genuine & for a real purpose. Or a very quick cameo like for some reason they're all at an event together but even then that'd feel like a cameo for the sake of having an OG appear on the new show

Old 10-21-2022, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah many actors do not want to visit the same characters after its turn has ended however Ed was always willing to come back and he is using the benefits of Chuck Bass since the show ended too imo... I mean after the show ended there was no chance of revisiting but he was using Chuck Bass allover I also mean I don't think it is about how his career is going imo. But of course if he'd be like A+ he wouldn't want a revisit, perhaps

Zuzanna guested podcasts, posting recent episodes below:

Poppy Lifton: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000578681405

Zuzanna ones:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000579438254

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000580168869

Mauren Van der Bilt: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000580895978

Dorota again https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000581659226

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000583147825

next week s2 podcasts end

Last edited by lessismore; 10-21-2022 at 08:08 AM
Old 10-22-2022, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I don't know, I always think ill and I believe more that he thought at first he'd have had a spectacular career - Blake-like - so he wouldn't have to be Chuck his whole life, but then it didn't happen so now he's like oh well I'd like to reprise the role

true, he always used that GG benefits since the show ended, I even remember him selling face masks during covid first months, but I think it was because despite his desire to not be associated forever with Chuck, he knew it was impossible to make people forget it, so why not using it to make money? Especially when, once again, he didn't start a great career. It makes sense. Blake never sold anything Serena related or used the character after the show ended, I think she just made a post once with one of her pics on the Met Gala steps and captioning with something like "spotted: serena van der woodsen on the met steps again".

Ohhh thanks for all the latest links Zuzanna still loves the show a lot (by the way she had a little role in the Gilded Age, it was nice to see her in period costumes). Wondering if she'll be back in S2 too, or if it's just be Eleonor and Georgina.

There will be a S3 podcast as well? I could check the one about 3x10 and 3x13 ones, maybe

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top