Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2022, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Hey, guys!

Just wanted to post this here! Jessica had my bb, Aaron Tveit, on her podcast a couple of weeks ago. He played Trip van der Bilt (Nate's cousin) and that role was the very first time I ever saw him. But hated his character, of course. Thankfully, I saw him at The Tony Awards & then, Les Mis later on & fell in love with him, then.

They watched the episode, The Grandfather.

Listen Here!
Old 09-13-2022, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for that i didn't remeber who he played

i havent listened to any of the gg podcast

I found love where it
wasn't supposed to be
{}
Old 09-14-2022, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^^Thanks for posting, awww Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire for a heart (View Post)
thanks for that i didn't remeber who he played

i havent listened to any of the gg podcast
He was Tripp Vanderbilt Nate's cousin, one of Serena's beaus (ugh ) Of course we later didn't like his character but he is a great actor and it was a great cast for GG as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Yeah we do at least know some things which is good I'd just like more I guess

In the season finale of the OG they did show a few of the previous characters look at their phones seeing who was GG & being shocked. It sort of gave a glimpse into where they are now. I think Vanessa was one of them & that's when that would've been shown?
All I remember from that is that Katie Cassidy went back for that & I still don't know why beyond it being CW & them putting her on a few of their shows back then.
I guess I recall differently because yes in those exact scene they showed Vanessa in a filming studio, they didn't explicitly say it was TCD but later on producers explained that she was working there. I have to find the review and check what exactly they said. Because now watching again the scene Vanessa seems to be living there

Quote:
Where do you see Vanessa?
Vanessa's doing something very successful in her own world. Maybe she's directing an episode of season five of Carrie Diaries.
x

Well I remember they also said it was TCD studio??

Last edited by lessismore; 09-14-2022 at 04:55 AM
Old 09-14-2022, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Tripp! How could I forget him? Like for me Aaron is still and always cousin Tripp I'm not a huge fan of him as a Broadway actor, though, he has a great voice, but unfortunately he doesn't make me feel anything when he sings I still remember his first Moulin Rouge promotional video, I was completely indifferent, while Ewan McGregor was absolutely FANTASTIC in the movie.

Reading that interview brought back bad feelings about the finale and the show in general wondering if safran had the same ideas about the characters future, since he didn't write S6.

It's cool to imagine Vanessa as a director, I wish we saw more of that in the show, though (or maybe we did and I simply forgot it).

Quote:
Well I remember they also said it was TCD studio??
Maybe it was in another interview?

Old 09-19-2022, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

15 years ago the pilot premiered

Old 09-21-2022, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

oh yessss 15 years!!!
Old 09-21-2022, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I feel so old even though I started watching when the first two seasons had already aired in the US. This show made me interested in fashion and fall in love with NY. I wish had better memories related to it, but still it's a part of my tv history

Old 09-21-2022, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

wow that long

I found love where it
wasn't supposed to be
{}
Old 09-22-2022, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember first watching on TV, I think it was the 3rd episode and I saw Chuck in limo, a child going to high school with a limo. That was the most interesting part for me

Old 09-22-2022, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Oh well, I started from the pilot here when there were repeats on tv and I decided to do it only because I saw CB everywhere on forum boards and I wanted to know why everyone shipped them and who they were

Old 09-24-2022, 05:12 PM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

A little crazy it has been 15 years Makes sense though but does make me feel old as well

I'm glad they never did give the show an intro like that one

Chelle » join GTmy articon
Old 09-25-2022, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Let's not talk about feeling old it was really a hit show, back then and not only in the US. I think that it arrived in the right time, because if it premiered right now, without being a reboot, I'm not sure it would have get the same success or lasted six seasons. The CW never had high numbers in general, but I remember GG at some point started doing terrible numbers and still it was renewed because of its fame.

Old 09-26-2022, 03:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

Maybe... I don't know. CW shows can be hit & miss & I think now it depends a lot on cost as well as ratings. But I do agree they wouldn't care about how a show rates overseas now while back then they probably did. I think any show though needs a few seasons in as well as that solid fanbase for them to be considered safe even with lower ratings, even now. Streaming has messed around with ratings & caused shows to suffer. People don't like waiting for things. Here it also is fast tracking & being able to watch things illegally. People can't wait & internet makes it hard to avoid spoilers. So it does make it harder for a show to do well overseas unless they are given good treatment & air around the same time as the US (E.G. The Handmaid's Tale airs on TV here a few hours after it airs in the US & I think it is available to stream in the afternoon after it airs in the US even before it airs on TV here so it does well in rating here)

Old 09-26-2022, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I've watched a bit of CW shows and even with Nikita, which never had stellar numbers, they always renewed it and eventually they did it for a final season of six episodes - not many, but it got the writers the chance to wrap the story. So I guess they really had different ways to look at their shows, I know I read a reason why somewhere, but I don't remember it now

Now it's different, imho, unless you make amazing numbers from the start, you're doomed, I guess because there's so much competition and stuff to watch everywhere, as you said.

About the overseas watching, I think it depends on your age. My father for example doesn't read any spoiler, he'd not interested and he just watches stuff when it airs here, no matter if it's after the US premiere or at the same time, he's not even updated on what's cancelled and what not.

GG was kinda new when it arrived, wasn't it? All that fashion and rich kids...I'm not fond on teen dramas back then, because I watched only One Tree Hill and ER (which wasn't a teen drama), but I'm sure part of its success and becoming a cult show was because of that and that must have helped with ratings in the US - it did poorly, but everyone talked about it, so let's keep renewing it.

Old 09-27-2022, 02:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

They didn't have the same pressure as bigger networks. Some shows could have a safety net if the bigger networks had some ownership of them too. The Charmed reboot had that. CW expected lower ratings & always seemed nicer with their shows. Until this year.

So many new shows just aren't given the chance, especially if they're not connected to something else in some way.

It can depend on age, but it also can depend on the person. Some older people are happy to stream. But it is mostly that 20-40 age group (or even 0-20).

GG was new & unique it had the buzz & talk... that helped it

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top