Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2021, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (HBO Max)

1x10 - Final Cancellation - Episode Discussion

Final Cancellation
Written by Ryan Koehn; Directed by Craig Johnson

In her efforts to save Julien from a vicious smear campaign, Zoya puts her own future at risk.
Kate and Jordan hatch a last-ditch plan to reclaim Gossip Girl.
Audrey and Aki rope an increasingly resentful Max into both of their schemes.
Premieres Dec. 2

Last edited by airali_glo; 12-12-2021 at 04:39 PM
airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (HBO Max)

I feelt bad for Julien, really. She's no way perfect and it's true that she seems to be disconnected from reality, but honestly it's not her fault if his father did what he did. Damn, how terrible is to be such involved in social media stuff, that you end up being completed eaten alive bu that, that your first thought is what people could think of you, giving those people the power to decide whether you're a good person or not. That urge to jostify everything you say or do. It's terrible even when you're not cancelled.

I felt terrible for Zoya too. She really did her best to help Julien and I liked to see them as sisters, but eventually she lost the scholarship and I really wanted to hug her. I liked to see Monet and Luna being more friendly towards her, it's a strange crew, but I like it. Wondering if Julien will help her pay for the school or not, since S2 tells the story from January to July, it's a problem they have to address immediately.

Davis is FAKEEEEEEEEE! Also when we see Lola's back I thought he had hit her or something

Eleanor, Cyrus, Dorota and Vanya I missed them (damn, Dorota's daughter is unbearable, though). Cyrus especially!

Poor Max :sad: I hated to see him so hurt and yet running to help Aki and Audrey, they really deserved the speech at the end. Also I don't really like the way they changed Aki's behaviour with him, now. In the first six episodes he would have thrown himself in the fire for helping him, he was aware of every Max change of mood and now? He's clearly hurt and you do nothing? Like in that scene in front of his dads. How could he walk away like that? And then simply saying that thing at the end? I don't know, I prefer the Aki of the first six episodes when it comes to Max, honestly. His Tiktok was super funny, though and it's also funny that he's so clean that all GG could find about him was a movie nerd tiktok

Julien and Obie are really growing on me Obie is down bad and I admit that I felt for him, in this episode. I think they can become my second ship of this show, it never happened with GG!

Old 12-06-2021, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I felt bad for Julien as well, its not her fault

good to see some familiar faces

I think they do rely on Max alot, im not sure what they did with Aki and Max

that tik tik was so random

i liked the mentioned of other shows like riverdale and emily in paris

Betty & Archie have a home in each other {}
fire for a heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 03:36 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (HBO Max)

Yeah, I missed those faces! It's nice to see that the universe is the same and that the OGs exist in this reality too. But for me it's even more awesome that Smash characters exist in this universe too, it's mind blowing for me

They relied on him for the sex, but still I can't believe that they seem to have forgotten Aki's feelings towards him and his way of understanding when Max was hurt and now it's just sex for both. Mad was right at telling them so.

Tik TAKI was genius, I loved it Evan was really good at it, by the way (PS: is Safran who runs that tiktok in real life).

Old 04-24-2022, 09:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager

An interesting episode. I liked Audrey standing up to Julien, as well as Max then standing up for himself for Aki & Audrey. They got too wrapped up in themselves & forgot about him. Where have they been through the crap he's been going through? So I was glad that he turned them away.

It is strange though, as mentioned in here, how Aki has changed & is less aware of Max now. But maybe he is too caught up in his journey of coming out & self discovery to notice things around him?

Nice to have the OG references & appearances in this episode
Old 04-25-2022, 02:53 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (HBO Max)

It was heartbreaking to see how bad Aki and Audrey treated Max, I felt so bad for him. At least he stood up for himself, as you said! Showing also how much he cares. The paper towel I was like ???????? seriously?????

Yeah, it's so strange, especially when in 1a he noticed every little change in him, the way he was hurt by Rafa situation, "I care about you, I just don't want you to get hurt" and now he doesn't see anything anymore? It doesn't make any sense to me, even if he's too caught up in his own discovery - he was also in 1a, after all. It's just poor writing, to me, because it's clear that they had to speed up the throuple thing.

Max instead had a well written arc, in my opinion, from being interested in sex only to developing feelings.

Yes, it was amazing! I like the way the OG characters are integrated in the reboot world, like they all know each other.

Reply   Post New Thread