Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2021, 05:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

1x05 - Hope Sinks - Episode Discussion

Hope Sinks
Written by Aaron Fullerton; Directed by Pamela Romanowsky

As Halloween approaches, Zoya and Julien decide to team up. Meanwhile, an incident at a nearby school finds all eyes on Gossip Girl, leading Kate to question her future.
Aki intervenes in Max’s personal life, and Audrey panics over her own. Zoya’s new friend has Obie worried.
Premieres July 29.

Last edited by airali_glo; 12-07-2021 at 04:23 PM
airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Very short comment, always took from the Campaign Thread

I finally watched the episode and I noticed that she meets a guy and almost immediately thinks they "click". She did it with Obie (by the way they were cute at first, but now they're quickly becoming annoying, like they're a couple but you look at them and wonder HOW). I like her best with Julien! Them deciding to pick a coupke costume was fun to see.

I REALLY REALLY hope they're not going Kate-Zoya's dad route. Like NO.

My poor Aki and the way Max treated him this ep I wanted to hug, him, really, especially after the picture failed attempt, since Rafa had already a reply ready ughhh luckily Max believed that Victor guy, even though I doubt this story is completely over, yet.

Fun fact: I can't look at Pippa without thinking she's Jolene Brooks from Rise and the funny thing is that she says basically the same things Jolene would

Last edited by airali_glo; 12-12-2021 at 04:52 PM
Old 03-05-2022, 01:59 AM
Graphics Team Manager

This episode Audrey is everything you've said she is. Completely only thinking about herself, but then her friends can't say a thing to disagree with her. Aki tries & gets shot down. :rolleyes. But then in the end it is hard to be annoyed at her & feel bad for her at the same time

Rafa

The sister thing is nice, I like their moments again this episode

Max pushing his friends away Guess they pushed first, but that was Audrey. Aki was trying to look out for him

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I never feel bad for her because see, even when she seems to understands her mistakes - like at the party when she says she's been horrible with her mum, then she immediately takes two steps back. This episode is also what later made me question her side of feelings in the throuple thing, because in 1a she barely cares about Max and especially in this episode she doesn't give a damn about him and what he's going through, while Aki is the one who really cares, while in 1b she suddenly wants to have a relationship with him too.

It was interesting to see that Aki, who's always the one who avoids conflicts and scheming, going out of his comfort zone to help him. The scene at the party, with Max pushing him away but the whole thing of Max pushing away his friends was sad, even though I bet it was Rafa's fault.

Rafa is UGHHHHH

In this episode the sisters were nice because there was still the truce but I agree

Old 03-05-2022, 06:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Could be Rafa encouraging him to push his friends away too. Think he pushed back as he didn't get anything when he tried & don't think he knows how to ask for help either.

Audrey might be threatened by Max. He's someone who she knows Aki is drawn to & she's scared that his new found sexuality will cause him to want a man - primarily Max. Doesn't excuse her behaviour. A throuple means she gets what she wants & gives Aki what he wants I guess

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-06-2022, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Surely Rafa did that, because Max is vulnerable and he doesn't want him his friends to take him away from him. I wonder if he did the same with the other students he's been with.

Max is in a very difficult situation, mentally, he doesn't know how to process what's happening to him, but also he doesn't want to be helped, I think? When he finds out about other students, he suddenly decides that it was wrong, but he didn't feel so when he believed it was just him in this situation. I felt bad for him, because I saw that as he thought he didn't deserve to be treated well, but other students did, instead. Like I can handle this, but others can't and they shouldn't go through this.

Anyway it's also true that his friends pushed him away and couldn't see how bad he felt, except for Aki, which surely didn't help in general.

Threatened, you say? I don't know, later in the season she'll encourage Aki to go on a date with another guy, but you say that maybe at this stage she's not there yet? I never felt she was threatened by Max, because she wanted him too, she might have been threatened by the fact that Aki liked men as well, in general.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:46 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah that's what I meant. She felt threatened, as in there was a risk that Aki might prefer men or leave her for a man, & Max was just one man who was a possibility. But she could just be threatened in general. In the world view that everything revolves around her, & her wanting her life to be a set way. Aki's sexuality or leaving her for a guy did not fit there. Neither did Max at first either, but she obviously realised that she was wrong there

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-07-2022, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I don't know, I always felt her being sure of Aki's feelings towards her, no matter what. Or at least I didn't see what you say in this episode, maybe more on episode 4?

The surprising thing in this whole throuple situation is that Max will be the one fearing to be left out (and they will, at first), like Aki and Audrey's relationship is always the stronger one, the one which seems nothing can break. That's why I have problem seeing Audrey as someone feeling threatened by a man (any) who could take Aki aways from her.

Reply   Post New Thread