Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2021, 05:07 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

1x03 - Lies Wide Shut - Episode Discussion

Lies Wide Shut
Written by Lila Feinberg; Directed by Jennifer Lynch

While the school takes drastic measures to smoke out Gossip Girl’s identity, a blind item threatens to put an end to a Constance couple.
Max pushes Julien to explore life outside her comfort zone, prompting both teens to uncover shocking family secrets. Zoya turns to an unlikely ally for help fitting in.
Premieres July 22.

Last edited by airali_glo; 07-08-2023 at 02:38 AM
airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 04:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Copuy paste from Campaign thread

Ohh things are getting veeery interesting this week.

First of all Max is a total standout. this episode. Thomas is AMAZING, he shows all Max's vulnerability and heartbreak (especially when he's high of cocaine), but also his party-animal side. Also I liked a lot his friendship with Julien, it was so fun to see! I like Julien more every episode, they say she's like Serena, so maybe that's why? I liked her to leave her phone at home, at the end.

So the secret between Aki and Audrey is finally out, thanks to Max who - high af - told them. Even though seeing them both trying to hide it, fearing Max and GG, was fun (Aki thinking he's a terrible person, like HOW BB :LOVE, I'm glad it was finally known by both of them. Not sure I liked the super sweet apology they made to each other, like yeah, it was sweet, but...too much? I don't know if they really meant that they never thought to do it again (yeah, those "many many times" Audrey mentions were in fact all during that only night we didn't see). Maybe the reason why they weren't mad at each other is because they just felt guilty? It seemed sincere, but still there was something that didn't convince me. Especially because we know it won't end this way. I'm curious to see Audrey's reaction in the whole Aki plot, because Evan said that she's really supportive in her partner's path. My opinion is that they'll break up at some point, but still they'll remain bff.
For now Max isn't interested really in both of them, but it has sense. Same for them, like they're attracted to him, but there's also more about themselves that they're discovering.

Aki doing "extra homeworks" with the Scruff app you know I ship him with Max, but even if in this episode they weren't much "shippy" except for that hand on the knee moment (Aki didn't remove the hand like Audrey...), their scenes as some kind of partners in crime were awesome, they work so well together

Zoya and Obie, well. They're cute together, but still there's something unconvincing with them. Mostly coming from him, I don't know. She was cute with all her trying to follow Luna's advice, luckily she decided to be herself eventually. I don't like Luna La, by the way ("zugly"?? really??). Monet is mean, but still more likeable than her. Anyway it says much of them both the fact that they were already picking Zoya to replace Julien.

THE TEACHERS! They're such horrible people, I mean they basically caused their colleague firing! Anyway I still like them, what can I say

The drama at the play ohhhhh that's why I'm here. Also I ADORED the Smash cameo of Ann Harada (the stage manager in the play. She was Linda in Smash, a stage manager, so she reprised her role in another show). I want moreeeeeeeeee!
The play was kinda though. The messy seats were funny

Old 02-26-2022, 09:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm finding the characters easier to watch & accept in this episode (& the next). This was a fun episode. The episode had a little bit of a parent trap sort of feel with the parents being set up by the children. It was nice to see some positive interactions between Julien & her father. Shame that Max made a mess of things for his family though, but maybe he did his father's a favour too

Luna & Monet are just annoying

Quote:
THE TEACHERS! They're such horrible people, I mean they basically caused their colleague firing!
They can try convince themselves otherwise but terrible what they did

Quote:
Also I ADORED the Smash cameo of Ann Harada
This here It may have been a split second but had to smile when I saw her . Perfect choice I think, she does play that stage manager role well

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
I'm finding the characters easier to watch & accept in this episode (& the next). This was a fun episode. The episode had a little bit of a parent trap sort of feel with the parents being set up by the children. It was nice to see some positive interactions between Julien & her father. Shame that Max made a mess of things for his family though, but maybe he did his father's a favour too
While I was glad to see Max and Aki interacting and basically being partners in crime, I was so heartbroken for Max Thomas was terrific in this episode, by the way. I wish Max didn't go to Rafa after the show, I would have preferred Aki
I thought the same, maybe it was for the best, but still it's heartbreaking for him. They probably would have divorced anyway at some point, just like this is

Max and Julien friendship needs to be explored more! And about Julien and her father, I was glad too, even though him lying wasn't so good to see.

I'm glad you find the characters easier to watch, you can discover more about them as the show goes on

Quote:
They can try convince themselves otherwise but terrible what they did
They were so sneaky too.

Quote:
This here It may have been a split second but had to smile when I saw her . Perfect choice I think, she does play that stage manager role well
I already imagined it was her when in an AMA I asked Safran about Smash cameos and he replied that there was one in episode 3. Since there was a play I thought about her or Jerry, maybe. But I was so happy to see her and she WAS Linda for real, she's credited as such at the end of the episode
Broadway and Off-Broadway would be nothing without her

I need Kat and Megan in S2, though! I already told Safran

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top