Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2021, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Nope.

And if you're like me, you can hear Luke saying the next line in your head. ("You do not want to grow up to be like your mom")

Iconic last scene of a pilot with it panning out on the diner window bordered in fairy lights.
yes I heard the next lines in my line as well

the last scene was the perfect way to end the pilot

My Little Corner of the World came up on shuffle on my phone when I was staying up last night

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 02-04-2021 at 12:02 PM
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Considering I didn't get INTO the show until the 4th or 5th episode (I'm stubborn and the high school aspect didn't appeal to me because I was already Lorelai's age when I started watching GG ), it's funny to me that that pilot has now become one of my all-time favorite pilots of any TV show I've ever seen.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

it’s probably my favorite pilot that I’ve seen so far just because of how well it introduces us to the characters, the story, and the whole style/tone of the show itself

I had finished high school 4 years ago at that point when I watched so it definitely made me reminisce about high school

and took me back to my plaid skirt (literally had the same colors) uniform-wearing elementary school days

I was the opposite of Rory I went from a Catholic private school to a public school after 5th grade

my high school was a very competitive one though that only took in those with the best grades and test scores

pretty much the public school version of Chilton in my hometown

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowe...San_Francisco)

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 02-05-2021 at 11:46 AM
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I recognize a couple names on the list of who has gone there. Nice school!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
it’s probably my favorite pilot that I’ve seen so far just because of how well it introduces us to the characters, the story, and the whole style/tone of the show itself
It does a good job.
Old 02-06-2021, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah my favorite alumni is the author of A Series of Unfortunate Events
Old 01-10-2022, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Wow, it's been years since I posted on this board. In all those times I haven't re-watched the show but started just yet in that dark wintery season to get some joy out of it and I love it as much as I did before.

Oh, and I had forgotten about so much stuff that happened. I think I'll pass by more often from now on to get a few posts in, at least as long as I re-watch

So far I'm on episode 10 of this season. A lot has happened already
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That’s a cool school, Allison! I’ve never really thought about the alum at my school. I would love to say someone like Carol Channing walked the same halls.

Welcome back, Kris! Please do pop in & tell us all about your journey through Stars Hollow! Coming back to GG is like getting a warm hug from an old friend. It’s definitely my comfort show.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay for doing a rewatch after so long. That's great. Enjoy! And yes, stop by!
Old 01-11-2022, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Honestly, it's my comfort show as well It's somehow as if no time has passed since I last saw it. This time though my hubby is watching with me. He missed most of my crazy GG phase back then. Got only the last of it.

You know what's the most delightful. I think there is no show that makes me laugh so much while watching than this one. I don't even know another drama tv show that has the same potential/character to it.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's definitely one of a kind.
Old 01-13-2022, 12:34 AM
Absolute Fan

It immediately became a comfort show to me. I only started watching it last January, but since then I have had it on constant repeat and I'm still going with that.
onebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

And yesterday I saw 1x12 and I had so forgotten about Rune This guy so cracked me up and I'm still surprised Lorelai didn't say a word to him or escalated. I would have

Sookie and Jackson were so cute though. I loved to see the start of this relationship.

And Luke for the first time trying to tell Lorelai that he would love to spend more time with her
Old 01-13-2022, 04:23 AM
Absolute Fan

He would so have asked her out if Mrs Kim hadn't interrupted them.
onebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Honestly, it's my comfort show as well It's somehow as if no time has passed since I last saw it. This time though my hubby is watching with me. He missed most of my crazy GG phase back then. Got only the last of it.

You know what's the most delightful. I think there is no show that makes me laugh so much while watching than this one. I don't even know another drama tv show that has the same potential/character to it.
That’s what was so surprising to me, the humor is even funnier than most sitcoms I’ve seen and you don’t have to put up with the annoying laugh tracks!

I’m pleased to see your hubby is watching it with you. How is he liking it so far?
Old 01-14-2022, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
And yesterday I saw 1x12 and I had so forgotten about Rune This guy so cracked me up and I'm still surprised Lorelai didn't say a word to him or escalated. I would have
Yes, I would have too.

And it's too bad that Mrs. Kim interrupted.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top