Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2015, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by always protect you (View Post)
Interesting thread...
I imagine this thread would not be for everyone.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was created for people who liked all three relationships and didn't like the tensions.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:55 AM
Supreme Fan

All three boys were perfect for Rory in phases. Dean was a great first boyfriend, while Jess challenged her more and had similiar interests, while Logan was her first true adult relationship...which also changed her for the good
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
All three boys were perfect for Rory in phases. Dean was a great first boyfriend, while Jess challenged her more and had similiar interests, while Logan was her first true adult relationship...which also changed her for the good
Interesting way of looking at them.

Last edited by Talula78; 05-11-2017 at 08:55 AM
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Watching the swan/black eye episode and realizing that hopefully Rory would have moved on from all of them, romantically, if we ever revisited. They were all wonderful and jerks to her, but she needed to experience both and work out her own jerkishness, too.

Her obsessive belief that Dean and Jess fought over her (and that was it was absolutely Jess' fault) is the sort of learned-too-much-from-fiction tendency that Rory needs flushed out of her. Her mom kept real-life dating away from her too much, or she was just town princess too much... something. But, all three guys (and a few others) being not what she was - sometimes adamantly - expecting, should be really good for her.
t hedge coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah she can arrogant sometimes
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Addicted Fan

I would like to compare Rory's boyfriends - in this post mostly Jess and Logan.

Jess was troublesome teenager ("bedroom scene"), but according to the authors, he is much better man now.
Jess still has feeling for Rory, but IMO he likes/wants "Lorelai's perfect teenage daughter", not a grownup different Rory.
Rory moved on (from Jess's ex girlfriend) on so many levels - not only has she fallen in love with Logan (and is not in love with Jess any more), but she also went to Yale, she experienced high society, she started taking risks. In revival she doesn't even read books any more.
IMO Jess wants her to stay the same teenage Rory, because in Season 6 he pushes her to go back to Yale without her serious consideration about her next move - but Rory might be much more successful in other fields of work than in journalism. Journalism was a dream of "Lorelai's daughter".

Logan was good college boyfriend (he helped her to take risks, he introduced her to different environment), but was he really ever willing to make a compromise? IMO he always has his own agenda.
When things don't work out with them, he just too soon sleeps with bridesmaids; when she doesn't want to marry him and move with him to California in season 7, he breaks up with her completely; he evidently still loves her in revival, but he still intends to marry Odette.
He seems a little spoiled (but so is Rory).
tanaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the two boys. Hmm, I'll have to think about it and get back to you.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Dean and Rory - their love was sweet (but they were too young and perhaps she felt, that he was "too boring").

Jess and Rory - it was passionate love - but timing was wrong (at first Jess wasn't ready, later on Rory wasn't in love with him any more).

Logan and Rory - they gave each other space, they challenged each other in a good way, they supported each other - but they would have to sacrifice a lot (maybe too much) for their relationship. Rory might have had to become one of high society wifes, Logan might have had given up some of his privileges. Were they committed enough to each other to do it?
Old 07-25-2017, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

I think rory learned so much about lust and love with both Dean and Jess and inevitably helped her grow and learn about so much.
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:59 PM
Addicted Fan

I was just thinking why some people are more skeptical about Logan than about Dean or Jess, although Logan was quite kind to Rory.

Logan didn't initiate their relationship. Rory was chasing Logan. She asked him out, she called him several times, she initially agreed to have open relationship, at some point she even "forced" Marty to go out with Logan's friends just to be close to him. On the other hand, Logan's family was against their relationship.

And yes, Logan really, really liked Rory... but everything in his life was already decided for him (his career, his life, his future). There is a question: didn't he want to chase someone himself?
Old 10-17-2017, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
I was just thinking why some people are more skeptical about Logan than about Dean or Jess, although Logan was quite kind to Rory.
Because Dean started off as a "good guy", Jess was a brief dalliance and wasn't explored enough, whereas Logan represented the affluent part of society which Lorelai made a point to run away from and in turn people didn't want Rory with someone like that, they wanted her with her own version of Luke.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Because Dean started off as a "good guy", Jess was a brief dalliance and wasn't explored enough, whereas Logan represented the affluent part of society which Lorelai made a point to run away from and in turn people didn't want Rory with someone like that, they wanted her with her own version of Luke.
I think, it was more than that.
Yale Rory is just not as successful and confident (or even as moral) as high school Rory. People could associate that with Logan, but that's not really his fault. She was less confident in her first year of Yale too and she even slept with married Dean at the time.
Rory is just not as sheltered and admired by adults as she was in Dean's and Jess's time. Competition in "real world" is much tougher.

I just wanted to point out that Rory and Logan were really buddies beside being lovers/boyfriend, girlfriend. It wasn't a traditional romance with traditional male and female roles and rules about monogamy at the beginning. In the beginning Rory was chasing Logan and not vice versa. It's great and liberating - but the question is, whether Amy ever intended to change their dynamic and allow them to be a "traditional couple". Maybe living together yes (in 2017 for example after divorce from Odette), but not really married. It's hard to read Amy though.

Last edited by tanaja; 10-18-2017 at 01:44 PM
Old 11-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

You make a good point, Rory definitely changed in college, she was way too sheltered in HS IMO.

In the revival Logan was only engaged to Odette, they weren't married yet. Where they left it so many different things can happen upon Logan finding out he's the father. I'm not too sure I even want to know what ASP has planned for them.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I think Logan would have made the most sense simply because we've seen him the most, neither Dean or Jess was enough of an adult relationship and tried enough.