Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou13
I love the expression on L/L when they saw naked Kirk! And the LoreLai bit on the bowls and silverware for the ice cream, classic. I can so relate since I've got paper plates and plasticware. Now if they can just make disposable pots and pans I can cook at home instead of take out!
I would just like to add here though that that is not very environmentally friendly. I laughed at that scene but still, I kept thinking that is just wrong. I hope not too many people can relate to that.. plastic spoons when you have metal ones? Bah, sends the wrong message.. but then again, I suppose a lot of things send the wrong message.

Other random comments: The speed dial thing had me laughing, it was perfect timing and the expression on Lorelai's face when she picked up her phone and heard her mother's voice and then looked at the phone and realized it was Luke was hilarious. And 5 seconds later I was shocked and amazed at the "SHUT UP".
Lauren Graham rocks.
Even with a cold.
(It kinda made her voice cuter.)
/full of promise\ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paré
One of my favourite GG scenes ever was the one where Emily has found out about Trix's disapproval of her and she completely lets loose and just 'chills' around the house in her robe, smoking and drinking.
So true.

This ep was a bit blah for me (Rory, just ask for a strings attached relationship, its pretty much on the table), but this season is pretty enjoyable.
JakeTheLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:28 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by * Kay *
That was rude.
No ruder than A.B. Normal's response to Cafe~con~Leche. You don't like Rory, I do, and I think I have as much of a right to defend her as you do to tear her down. So to paraphrase the advice you gave to froukje, you just have to deal with it.
noël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:37 PM
New Fan

I'm not really going to get into this right now, but I really enjoyed this episode-> the second time I watched it anyway. Personally, i can't take all of this anti-Logan/Rory ****. I'm sorry, but I thought the fact that Logan got so incredibly jealous was cute, and even though he was there with Whitney, he would have rather been with Rory. And Rory is not a ****!! I was a bit disappointed that there wasnt a lot of Luke/Lorelai action, but their interacion was cute all the same. I might add more later, but this it for the moment.

RORY + LOGAN FOREVER BABY!!!

Oh yeah loved "Pottery Barn baby, you break it, you buy it."

And "I used to have an imaginary girlfriend but she left me."
hellssn0wdr0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by noël
No ruder than A.B. Normal's response to Cafe~con~Leche. You don't like Rory, I do, and I think I have as much of a right to defend her as you do to tear her down. So to paraphrase the advice you gave to froukje, you just have to deal with it.
My response to Cafe~con~Leche was about her statement concerning Rory, not about Cafe~con~Leche her/himself. If I say things about Rory that someone doesn't agree with, ie. pointing out Rory's faults and actually faulting her for them then that's just character bashing. You want to defend her character, be my guest.

Telling me to stop giving an opinion because you don't agree with it is called a personal attack. Posters can't tell people what they should and shouldn't post unless you're a mod, ie. Roxy who definitely doesn't agree with me all the time, but definitely does not tell me to stop posting. Probably because it's in the Fan Forum rules:

Quote:
3) Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters.

4) If you have a problem with anything or any person at Fan Forum (including your board's moderator), please do not deal with it on the board. Send an e-mail or a Private Message (PM) to a Moderator, a Moderator Manager, a Website Manager, or an Administrator. E-mail or PM the person you have a problem with directly if you do not want to involve the Fan Forum staff.
PS: When exactly did they say Rory's job was only for Spring Break?

PPS: Nice touch with Kirk's Spider Man cover up.

Last edited by A. B. Normal; 03-09-2005 at 05:36 PM
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm not really going to get into this right now, but I really enjoyed this episode-> the second time I watched it anyway. Personally, i can't take all of this anti-Logan/Rory ****. I'm sorry, but I thought the fact that Logan got so incredibly jealous was cute, and even though he was there with Whitney, he would have rather been with Rory.
]

word. They are so cute and have such good chemistry together

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

I'm going to echo Mari's request that everyone please stop discussing the discussion. It's not really on-topic, and it's getting to the point where people aren't being respectful.

We're not all going to agree about things. We may not all like or dislike the same character or storyline. We just have to respect other people's opinions and each other.

If you disagree, feel free to debate and discuss. Just be respectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. B. Normal
When exactly did they say Rory's job was only for Spring Break?
They didn't. That was just the impression I got since she was so desperate for money for spring break, and the job was for inventory. And Lorelai's covering the books she found made it sound like she was done with the job. It makes a little more sense to me especially because she's only home for maybe a day and a half each weekend, so I can't imagine her really holding a job in SH.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

PS: When exactly did they say Rory's job was only for Spring Break?

when lorelai said ' i asked around town to see if there are any temporary jobs for you' i specifically heard her say temporary, plus inventory at some businesses are once a year, ( i did it once at a boat shop, every year for 4 years) so i guess stars hollow books is like that too.
Wentworth Miller: hottie with a body who's a smarty
fridayschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

If she said temporary then I can buy that it was short term. I wonder why she was so desperate for money around Spring Break. I still don't get how Rory pays for everything, unless Lorelai and her grandparents spoil her rotten....oh wait...
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:20 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Telling me to stop giving an opinion because you don't agree with it is called a personal attack.
I never told you to stop giving an opinion. In fact, I said those who don't like Rory have as much a right to express their opinions as those who do like her.

I'm sorry for deviating from the thread topic and if some found my comments disrespectful. I won't say a word more about this subject. Promise.
noël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellssn0wdr0p
Personally, i can't take all of this anti-Logan/Rory ****.
Personally, I can't take all of this pro-Logan/Rory lovefest ****. To each their own, I guess.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

I missed the episode. I was mainly interested in the Rory/Lorelai scenes. On the spoiler thread, I saw one clip of them shopping when they see Logan. I also saw the phone call and the L/L conversation about Rory. Were there any other scenes with Rory and Lorelai or at least where Lorelai is talking about Rory? Thank you.
curlyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
If she said temporary then I can buy that it was short term. I wonder why she was so desperate for money around Spring Break. I still don't get how Rory pays for everything, unless Lorelai and her grandparents spoil her rotten....oh wait...
Thank you!!! I've been thinking about that for so long. Most people (well the ones I knew anyways) had a part time job in college so they can pay for food, rent, etc. But I have yet to see Rory doing anything but studying at Yale. Where does she get all the money from?

GG was preempted here in LA cause of bball but will be seen tomorrow. Can't wait!
twoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Congratz on getting the resceduleing bumped up from Saturday. (Hey, small victories )
Old 03-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Question I've been asking everywhere.. what was the song we heard at the party? The one we know from a commercial? I swear I know it from some place other than that as well. Thanks!
I made my icon.
BepperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread