Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 05:39 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved this episode especially at the end where Luke finally pushed his no cell phone rule out the door hit speed dial and called Loreali and I was so amazed at what Loreali said to Emily I was speechless myself!

Of course the whole kirk thing was just funny kinda sweet with the little talk with Luke

I like Logan. I don't know why but I do. He reminds me of someone and yes Rory was jealous that he was on a date with someone else but hey shes that type of person to keep her feelings inside and stuff instead of going around saying "hey back off bucko that's my guy" the caffateria portion was hilarious.

Michel was funny! I love his acent every time I watch it and him going to L.A was priceless

I'm glad we didn't have to wait 7 weeks like a lot of people do. I'm glad I have my tapes to watch so I can see what I've missed over the last two weeks!@
Old 03-09-2005, 05:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayschild
hey....who exactly was logan supposed to be tonight? i know people said he was supposed to be mr. blonde, but then they said maybe not because of his costume. was her mr. blonde or someone else?
Logan was the character from Pulp Fiction that Bruce Willis played. I don't remember the character name because I loathed that movie and try to block everything about it out but this episode brought back flashes of that terrible time back to me....

Otherwise, I agree with most of what people are saying. I wish that Rory would've been resigned to "date other people" for more than one time before Logan came crawling to her. I mean, I wanted her to "change" Logan, but it seemed too easy.

When they opened the show with Lorelei/Luke banter I felt robbed. There is no way after all that drama that they could just go back to normal. It was the next morning after the kiss, right?

But, then they showed the uneasiness in the date and I feel that made up for it a little bit.

I, too, audibly gasped when Lorelei told Emily to shut up. That could not have been delivered any better! I just think the way Emily is acting is sort of out of character. I mean, S1 character yes, but not now. I thought she had evolved a little. And I couldn't believe she referred to Luke as a filthy diner owner. It just seems.... off.
GenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Loyal Fan

offtopic: seriously? I am in love what that movie and want to have its violent babies....

ontopic: word, the "shut up!" could not have been uttered more perfectly.
{Sophie }<3{Smitty #666 }<3{Java Junkie }<3{Cerulean #19}

{ILY #17}{LL #12}{Keeper of Lorelai's arms during the ESK}

addict
froukje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Absolute Fan

I didn’t get the episode yet but –thanks to Hollis clips- I still got some opinions.
Are we all so much perfect or politically correct that we have neeeever do one or two games in love land? I know I did! I mean, not with malice but yet. Besides, she didn’t plaster her face over Roberts in order to get Logan jealous. She was just there, trying to have a nice time under those particular circumstances.
Rory realized the agreement sucked, but as it was her idea so she had to face it with some dignity. What possibly could she do? Run and cry over Logan & date in the mall?
Stay at home crying and watching TV and feeling sorry about her self?
Going to the party alone?
Disappearing?
Playing the offended?
Going to ask for advice to mom?
And don’t victimize Robert! He knew he was asking out his friend’s “love interest”
Maybe Rory’s behavior wasn’t perfect but who wants Rory to be perfect? I don’t!
I am enjoying a lot seeing her trying to figure out herself, and I think Logan has a big take in that department!
martasmagdalenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ok I just watched the ep and even though I wasnt expecting an ILY from L/L I was really hoping we would see more passion, more i-miss-you-so-much kisses after all they were what? 4 weeks apart? And what the hell we've got? Nothing! I was so expecting that they relantionship would have changed after the breakup but no, its still the exactly same thing. I'm just really disapointed right now...
As for Rory, even though I like her and Logan together they both seemed so imature to me in this ep...didnt liked it at all. But I've never really cared that much about Rory so...Plus we got too much of Michel and Kirk on this episode which was really annoying.
But at least we got a good blow up scene between Lorelai and Emily...The best scene of the episode, IMO. Now 6 weeks of hiatus...oh well

Sometimes you just
take my breath away.
.::Tati::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Addicted Fan

6 weeks of hiatus!!!!!1 dammit. ok is it possible to have more epsidoes during a season because i hate how netwroks jerk us around like this.

I never usually post here but I had to say something about the scene in the dining hall. arguably, one of my fave scenes of GG ever (though there have been some GREAT ones this season). I just think it's so funny that Rory wanted to swipe her meal credit. i sneak into the dining hall at my school all the time to get free food. she's so weet that she has a conscience.
MethodicWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Absolute Fan

This episode was okay...definitely not one of my faves. The Michel stuff was totally unnecessary. Didn't make me laugh either. I was looking forward to more JJ moments. Loved the "shut up" though.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
soulstarshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by martasmagdalenas
I didn’t get the episode yet but –thanks to Hollis clips- I still got some opinions.
Are we all so much perfect or politically correct that we have neeeever do one or two games in love land? I know I did! I mean, not with malice but yet. Besides, she didn’t plaster her face over Roberts in order to get Logan jealous. She was just there, trying to have a nice time under those particular circumstances.
Rory realized the agreement sucked, but as it was her idea so she had to face it with some dignity. What possibly could she do? Run and cry over Logan & date in the mall?
Stay at home crying and watching TV and feeling sorry about her self?
Going to the party alone?
Disappearing?
Playing the offended?
Going to ask for advice to mom?
And don’t victimize Robert! He knew he was asking out his friend’s “love interest”
Maybe Rory’s behavior wasn’t perfect but who wants Rory to be perfect? I don’t!
I am enjoying a lot seeing her trying to figure out herself, and I think Logan has a big take in that department!

AMEN!! And thank you for that! I wish some of these Rory-bashers could let up on her a little - she was so "good" for so long, and people got too comfortable with that. Sometimes growth is a painful process. Deal with it. I frankly wouldn't want to watch her be perfect.

pale is the new tan
iamkricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

The promo pics we had from this episode.

Click for slightly larger versions.

Last edited by -Genevieve-; 03-09-2005 at 10:48 AM
-Genevieve- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

hi, i'm here in california and gilmore girls got pre-empted because of the lakers/clippers game. is it true that the episode is airing on saturday march 12th @ 8:00? Thanks!
Old 03-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

I'm in the L.A. area too. The WB has been running promos saying the ep will be on this Thursday at 8pm. And it's listed at tvguide.com
-Genevieve- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

The whole bit with Rory saying, "But, this is college" is a typical college student's response.

I think that ASP is trying to show that Rory is NOT this perfect, straight-A student. That Rory HAS faults and she also does try to "fit in."

Getting annoyed with Rory makes me wonder how my parents ever dealt with me

Honestly, I love that Rory is being shown as a person with faults. I was getting sick of her always being this straight-A student who had a realtively easy life. I need drama! And, FINALLY ASP is delivering!
iamsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't think Logan came crawling back to Rory, they were still seeing each other casually. He just realized that if he wants to date her casually, others will too. I thought it was funny that he called her twice in one day to set up two different dates.

I do agree that Robert knew exactly what he was doing. I mean as soon as Logan came over, he had his arm around Rory's back kind of like saying, "She's with me, bud." Although I think that Robert was also kind of always a bit interested in Rory, at least he seemed that way the poker party. Once he probably realized that Logan was taking someone else to the party, he probably figured the perfect time to make his move.
bekalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought last night's episode was great. I really like the Rory plotline, because I think they are setting us up for a big ending. I like that they are not making Rory the innocent girl anymore, because I think it accurately shows how people grow up and change and make mistakes. I also loved Finn in the party scene. I think it's the accent. But my favorite part of that story line was Lorelai's uncertainty on how to react to what Rory was telling her. I thought that was (also) very true to her character. It is kind of a difficult line to walk. And, of course, I loved the parallel between how Lorelai was treating Rory and how Lorelai was treating Emily. I don't know why I never saw that before, but last night was like, whoa...insight on why Lorelai is the kind of mother she is. I think they are both in the wrong, parenting-wise, and I think they need to find a medium.
I think that Emily is becoming too dark. The great thing about her in the past is that she was very gray. But my love for Luke may overshadow this feeling. Don't mess with Luke! I loved the scene between the three of them in the diner, and GOOD for Lorelai for telling Emily to shut up. I almost felt bad for her when Rory came to dinner alone--but then she turned around and blamed "the filthy diner man" for the whole thing and I retracted all my sympathy.
I also loved the side plotlines with Michel ("$100,000 in cash and prizes!")and Kirk. And of course, I was glad to see Luke and Lorelai back together, and seemingly very committed. Yeah, we didn't get a lot of kiss-kiss, but if you think about it, we got much more "schmoopy-ness" than we ever have in the dialogue. I think I almost like that better. People have been comparing the physicality of Rory/Logan to Luke/Lorelai, and I think that, if you want to contrast them, L/L interaction shows a committed adult relationship, and R/L interaction clearly does not.
Oh yeah, and Rory? Friends with benefits? Never works out. And friends with benefits with a player? BADDDD idea.
I think that we have some of the most compelling storylines going on right now, and I can't wait to see how they play out.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:00 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
Shouldn't she have been at the bookstore at some point you know, for her job? We are so never going to see her there again.
Probably not, considering it was temporary job she took to make a little money over Spring break. Sorry you couldn't demonize Rory for that too, but it looks like you have plenty to work with already.

Last edited by noël; 03-09-2005 at 12:07 PM
noël is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread