Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2022, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

"Consider the likelihood that he would have supported her had he not had access to a driver or a helicopter or money. Would he have looked up bus schedules or sat in the bus depot with her to get back to Stars Hollow? Would he have taken a bus to the hospital from NYC? Some of the things he gets credit for are not thoughtfulness but simply wealth and ease."

Hmm. That's very true. I don't see him doing that.
Old 11-23-2022, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah

That’s a very good point

I don’t think he would go out of his way to personally drive her back either

See Jess being the type to do that though
Old 11-24-2022, 01:10 AM
Master Fan

He wouldn't have done any of that because that requires effort. Logan, when he's there for Rory, is because it's made easy and accessible for him through money.
Old 11-24-2022, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
He wouldn't have done any of that because that requires effort. Logan, when he's there for Rory, is because it's made easy and accessible for him through money.
Yeah nope he wouldn’t

If I could have it my way I would have had Jess be the one to be there for Rory after Richard had his heart attack in season 7

Read fics where he is

But Logan being there for Rory that one time does not make up for all the other crap he’s pulled
Old 11-24-2022, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

Right, it was great he was there, I won't deny that. But again, he's able to because he can afford a damn helicopter to get him there.

I would say Luke being there for Lorelai was a 1000 x more signifcant and meaningful. Luke didn't have to be there, he had no obligation, but he still shows up and does all those tasks that Emily demands. Logan being there is what he should be doing, as Rory's boyfriend he should be there for her. And yes that absolutely does not nake up for all his past crappy actions and manipulation. I mean, he goes onto not show up for her afyer this, at Lane's baby shower. Rory wanted him there but instead he blows her off so he can go throw money away with Colin and Finn in Vegas. Money that he can't afford since he just lost millions in a failed investment.

He isn't consistent in being there for her. He's there when it's convenient to him, so when he's praised for "always being there for Rory" is isn't even accurate.
Old 11-24-2022, 08:15 AM
Passionate Fan

All of those comments are spot on accurate

I feel like some people that like Logan just wish they had a rich boyfriend they could be spoiled by and tend to overlook the rest. He’s so gross and I hate him.

Say it louder, sister.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

For real. Almost all of the pro-Logan ones mention something about him being rich.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Definitely agree with Luke being there being more impactful especially since Luke and Lorelai weren’t even together at the time but he did it out of the goodness of his heart because that’s just who he is as a person
Old 11-24-2022, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Exactly.

Logan should be there, so he's only doing his job of boyfriend. I think it gets so highlighted and praised him being there because Chris wasn't there for Lorelai, so that in turn males Logan look better.

Old 11-24-2022, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would’ve enjoyed seeing Paris take him down again in the revival
Old 11-25-2022, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

That would have been amazing.
Old 11-25-2022, 10:59 AM
Passionate Fan

I agree with what you said. It was good that Logan was there, but it would have been weird and wrong if he wasn't- like Chris not being there for Lorelai. Luke is the one who stands out because he did not have to be there, but he was.

Love, love, love Paris' rant at Logan.
Old 11-25-2022, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Paris completely and accurately summed him up.
Old 11-25-2022, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
He isn't consistent in being there for her.
Not at all.
Old 11-25-2022, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

For me, his moments of bailing on her stand out more than him being there.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread