Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2022, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Another way Logan and Chris are similar- gross displays of their wealth to try and buy Rory and Lorelai's love.
Old 07-23-2022, 02:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
One of many reasons I can't stand Logan is his display of his wealth.
Old 07-23-2022, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, same. I can't stand people like that and find any man who tries to flaunt their wealth as an apology to be so gross.
Old 07-23-2022, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Yes, leave her alone.
Old 07-23-2022, 01:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Yeah, same. I can't stand people like that and find any man who tries to flaunt their wealth as an apology to be so gross.
Logan loves his privlige. Ewww.
Old 07-23-2022, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

Couldn't disagree with this more, but at least some of the comments are right.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GilmoreGirl...m_source=share
Old 07-24-2022, 03:37 AM
Passionate Fan

lol wow no. We judge Logan for his privlige because he is privliged. Growing up, even if he didn't have loving parents, he still had all those resources through his wealth. Basically, the money makes it easier and so it's difficult to find sympathy for him compared to Jess who had a troubled upbringing but wasn't fortunate to have money and resources at his fingertips. If Jess stole a boat, he'd go to jail. Logan gets away with it because of who he is and that's a level of privlige that's disgusting and it's why we judge Logan.

Last edited by stellar_dust; 07-24-2022 at 03:54 PM
Old 07-24-2022, 05:47 AM
Master Fan

Exactly. Logan's privlige makes up his character. Everything he does, his views on life and who he is as a person are all through his privlige. I literally don't give a crap about his unloving patents. I mean, I'm supposed to feel sorry for little rich boy who had lavish birthday parties because they weren't "average kid" birthday parties? Please, give me a break. Logan has everything handed to him in life. I feel zero sympathy for him.
Old 07-24-2022, 03:57 PM
Passionate Fan

I completely agree. I will never feel any sympathy for Logan and I don't think he deserves any. Maybe if he wasn't such a jerk of a person who thinks he can look down on people, perhaps, but ultimately he is a terrible person who uses his privlige to his advantage. So boo hoo, Logan.
Old 07-25-2022, 01:29 AM
Master Fan

Basically, eat the rich and all of their problems.

This post was deleted but I managed to screenshot it before it disappeared. You can still read the comments on it though and most are agreeing with it. Like, you have to be a special brand of person to think Luke is abusive and Logan is a saint.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GilmoreGirl...m_source=share
Old 07-25-2022, 07:39 AM
Passionate Fan

I did notice that on one post I think. Logan was being held a saint, Luke as abusive. The same people think Jess is abusive. The ways they twist things it's laughable.
Old 07-25-2022, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

You would have to do some major pretzel twisting just to make Logan even half a good person, let alone a saint.
Old 07-25-2022, 04:33 PM
Passionate Fan

lol right. You can't make Logan out to be a good person based on the canon facts from the show. What we are shown is that he regards himself above others, he manipulates and he cheats and that is only a small fraction of his many flaws that primarily define his character.
Old 07-25-2022, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Love that reaction using the Emily quote.
Old 07-26-2022, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar_dust (View Post)
lol right. You can't make Logan out to be a good person based on the canon facts from the show. What we are shown is that he regards himself above others, he manipulates and he cheats and that is only a small fraction of his many flaws that primarily define his character.
Exactly. His so called charm is lost on me and he didn't have growth that made him appealing to me in any way. He was always just the same classist, cocky, jerk to me from his first apperance to his last. And in the end, he's an even bigger ass who cheats on his fiance and uses Rory as his side piece.

I was watching AYITL again yesterday and everytime it hits me just how toxic Rory and Logan's relationship is. That isn't love, they don't love each other. That is a direct mirror of Lorelai and Chris - the toxic relationship in which destructive behaviour is enabled.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread