Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2022, 03:15 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't understand one comment. Someone said that Logan is written to be liked because he is Rory's endgame. But he isn't her endgame, Rory didn't have an endgame. She and Logan broke things off and she ended the original series single and in AYITL they were never a couple, just carrying out that awful affair. So how is he her endgame?
Old 05-16-2022, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

you’re welcome Lindsay

glad you like it
Old 05-16-2022, 10:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar_dust (View Post)
I don't understand one comment. Someone said that Logan is written to be liked because he is Rory's endgame. But he isn't her endgame, Rory didn't have an endgame. She and Logan broke things off and she ended the original series single and in AYITL they were never a couple, just carrying out that awful affair. So how is he her endgame?
Because some people are delusional. There is no way ASP would have Rory end up with a swarmy, rich businessman that Emily wants her to be with because it would diminish that connection between Rory and Lorelai.
Old 05-17-2022, 12:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
Because some people are delusional. There is no way ASP would have Rory end up with a swarmy, rich businessman that Emily wants her to be with because it would diminish that connection between Rory and Lorelai.
Exactly. It's Rogan stans living their fantasy. The person who left that comment was questioned on what they said, because obviously Logan is not Rory's endgame. So their reponse was he as good as was because he was Rory's boyfriend for the last 3 seasons. Again, endgame means the couple end up together. Rory did not end up with Logan. And there they are doing that thing again where Rogan stans extend the longevity of Rogan's relationship. They were not together for 3 seasons or 3 years. They became a couple near the end of season 5, broke up at the end of season 7. That's two years. Within that time they were off and on. So it wasn't a solid two years either.
Old 05-17-2022, 03:11 AM
Passionate Fan

I always felt their relationship was all over the place and never consistent. One minute they are together, then not. They fight, Rory moves out, Rory moves in again, Rory moves out again and it always felt like Logan just took off and went somewhere with Colin and Finn if they had an argument and Rory wasn't forgiving him so easily. The only time I felt it was consistent, was when Logan was in London and they were physically apart. Which I find amusing.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

Yes, the "healthiest" point in their relationship is when they were long distance and that is just too funny. They work best when..... not actually together and with a whole oceon between them.
Old 05-17-2022, 09:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Question for everyone: have you always hated Logan and the Rogan relationship or did that come with time? I have always hated him/them from when we are first inroduced to him. I have never seen what is likeable about him or their relationship and I think Rory really went down a path of destruction being with him. For example, while she may have struggled at school regardless of Logan being in her life, I do not think she would have dropped out or stole a boat. I believe those two actions were directly only done because of Logan. Mitchum was through Logan and Logan was used to doing rebellious things with no consequences, so Rory was infulenced by that to have the idea to steal the boat.
Old 05-17-2022, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

I admit I did not completely hate him at first, that came with rewatches. I was neutral on him, I mostly just didn't care about him. However I have never liked the way he was introduced and always thought he was a jerk from that introduction. Then I just never gave him much thought as I was too focused on other things.

The more I have rewatched the show, that is when it has really sunk in to me how terrible Logan and the Rogan relationship really is and my opinion on that is never going to change now.
Old 05-17-2022, 02:56 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm glad Rory didn't end up with him. He is to Rory what Chris is to Lorelai.
Old 05-17-2022, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did dislike him since his first scene but admittedly I was also glad the Dean and Rory affair dissolved
Old 05-18-2022, 02:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I did dislike him since his first scene but admittedly I was also glad the Dean and Rory affair dissolved
That was a relief, but it could have ended without Loagn existing lol.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

Logan symoblisises the downfall of Rory's character. She changes for the worst when he becomes a part of her life.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:38 AM
Passionate Fan

I agree. I don't like what his character brought to the show. Logan, his lifestyle, his friends and family are all very negative things and deplorable people. They take away the cosy and warmth of the show. I think it's a big reason why the later seasons are not as liked by fans as the earlier seasons. When I think about the show, I think about the cosiness of Stars Hollow, not rich people doing friviouls things and who think they are above others because of who they are. That stuff can be fine in small dozes when it is contained to Emily and Richard, but not beyond that.
Old 05-18-2022, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
That was a relief, but it could have ended without Loagn existing lol.
true

https://www.fanforum.com/f40/2nd-ann...18th-63262114/

let’s get Jess to the final round

and vote out Pacey

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 05-18-2022 at 08:46 AM
Old 05-18-2022, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree. I don't like what his character brought to the show. Logan, his lifestyle, his friends and family are all very negative things and deplorable people. They take away the cosy and warmth of the show. I think it's a big reason why the later seasons are not as liked by fans as the earlier seasons. When I think about the show, I think about the cosiness of Stars Hollow, not rich people doing friviouls things and who think they are above others because of who they are. That stuff can be fine in small dozes when it is contained to Emily and Richard, but not beyond that.
Yes! Exactly.

Logan is a character who is difficult to sympathise with. When he's going through the stuff with his dad, when he loses all that money etc - all of that is just annoying as it just highlights how damn privliged he is. Why should I feel bad for a rich white boy who has everything handed to him, then when something goes wrong and he losses a bunch of money in a failed business deal, to make himself feel better, he takes off with his dumb friends to waste even more money.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread