Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2022, 01:20 AM
Master Fan

That is spot on. I completely agree with all of it. I have always believed that Logan wasn't OOC in AYITL and that is exactly how he would have ended up, but that explains why.
Old 05-11-2022, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Very great point!
Old 05-11-2022, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Love the majority of the comments here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GilmoreGirl...m_source=share
Old 05-12-2022, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Great point here.

Quote:
I think they have a platonic chemistry but I never felt any sexual chemistry or physical chemistry.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

almost time for a new thread
Old 05-13-2022, 01:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Great point here.
Agree with that.
Old 05-13-2022, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have an idea for a thread title related to Rory turning down his marriage proposal
Old 05-13-2022, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I have an idea for a thread title related to Rory turning down his marriage proposal
That is was the best decision she ever made?
Old 05-13-2022, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
not exactly that but yeah I can include that
Old 05-13-2022, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Sounds good.

Quote:
Old 05-14-2022, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

Even if she did marry him, they'd be divorced within a few years. A life married into the Huntzberger family would be miserable for someone like Rory. And as we see, Logan would never let go of his family. He would choose them over Rory.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Even if she did marry him, they'd be divorced within a few years. A life married into the Huntzberger family would be miserable for someone like Rory. And as we see, Logan would never let go of his family. He would choose them over Rory.
yeah I don’t see them being happy long term either
Old 05-14-2022, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Definitely not.

Great points made about Logan when he got mad at Rory for that article she wrote about trust fund kids:

Quote:
This!! Yes Rory had privilege and she should be aware of it, that doesn't make her article wrong. Why shouldn't she call out and poke fun at how unfair it is that these silver spoon people have access to opportunities that normal people will never imagine? Being part of a system doesn't preclude you from criticizing it and Logan's reaction here isnt justified imo. To me it always seemed like he had his poor little rich boy feelings hurt at being called out and he wanted to knock Rory down a peg.
Quote:
like he literally says there’s ‘nothing wrong’ with the way the elite run the world, yet Rory is the one on the wrong here? The math ain’t mathing.

I always find the examples he chooses to prove Rory’s privilege off too - her grandparents donating to Yale in her honour really doesn’t benefit her materially nor is it something she wants, or is paying for. Her ‘rent-free’ living situation is actually privilege-by-association to Logan, it’s his wealth funding it (and considering he’s the one who *insisted* she move in and not pay for anything it’s pretty gross for him to use it in an argument like that).

Rory is due to inherit a trust fund, has an interest-free loan for her tuition from her grandparents and goes to an Ivy on a legacy - these things would be way more relevant to Rory’s privilege. Maybe it speaks to Logan’s skewed world view that things like that wouldn’t occur to him as signs of privilege? idk
Quote:
Yes!! He's like "I may be disgustingly rich but at least I know that I am disgustingly rich!" He doesn't want her to write that article because he's fine with maintaining the status quo. You're right, he is actually completely unaware of the actual depth of his privilege - like when he's whining about being "forced" to inherit a multimillion to billion dollar media empire because his daddy wants him to.

He is upset because he just wants to reap the benefits of being an heir to a mogul, he doesn't actually want to do any work to get those benefits. And he's upset because he has the CHOICE to either inherit the Huntzberger companies and maintain his disgustingly rich lifestyle, or to deny his inheritance and live just a moderately wealthy lifestyle. The fact that he complains about this constantly proves that he has no idea how much of a privilege it is to even have an option of leading such a huge business empire.

Also his actions in general just demonstrate how clueless he is about how much privilege he has. He gets kicked out of dozens of boarding schools without a care in the world - he doesn't have to worry about wasting tuition money - and even though this must mean he would have no extracurriculars and a low gpa, he still gets into Yale. He goes into rich peoples houses and steals stuff from them and is fine with letting the poor maids take the blame because if he got caught literally nothing would happen. He invites Marty and Rory out to an exorbitantly expensive dinner and doesn't offer to foot the bill for the whole table, putting Marty on the spot. Just because he is comfortable flaunting his wealth doesn't mean he has any idea how normal people live.

Rory was never exposed to this kind of lifestyle growing up. She's enticed by it then grossed out by it when she sees this side of it at the party. Instead of abandoning the article all together when Logan tells her off, I think she should've made it a reflection on her place in that world, and personalized it more. Logan manipulated her into dropping it altogether and his tirade didn't actually enhance her self awareness in any way, like exploring her privilege by writing it into the article would've.
Old 05-14-2022, 06:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Yes yes yes to all of that. It is so clear to me that in the OS he wanted the lifestyle without having to lift a finger, and then in the revival he has just fallen into line, with zero explanation as to how he got there. I guess the important thing is that he did fall into line…just like Chris did.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

Exactly, which is why when ASP said that Logan is Rory's Christopher, all of this makes sense. I know the s7 writers attempted to give Logan some growth, but we see in AYITL that where he is at, is where he was always going to be. He's the same Logan we knew from the start. AYITL Logan is completely in character.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread