Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2022, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Such a great point. I'm glad others can put it into words better than I can.
Old 05-07-2022, 01:17 AM
Master Fan

Same. It's fans with insight like that, combined with many rewatches, along with Logan stans who fawn over him and call him the "best boyfriend ever!" while hating on Luke and Jess, that have highlighted to me how terrible Logan really is. I can't believe I was neutral, bordering on liking him at first. What was I thinking? Now I hate him as much as I hate Chris.
Old 05-07-2022, 08:28 AM
Master Fan

If you have an Instagram account, can you go to this post and comment Rory and Logan to vote them out of the elimination game? They need to go!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdQu4MdO...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Old 05-07-2022, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

done
Old 05-07-2022, 03:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
i really do love reddit at times. The question asked was opinions on logan as a boyfriend? And the top and most of the responses are not at all positive about him. As they should be lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gilmoregirl...m_source=share

i liked this one:
amen!!
Old 05-08-2022, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

lmao

Old 05-08-2022, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Oh goodness.
Old 05-08-2022, 06:16 AM
Master Fan

Someome on Reddit commented that Logan's hair looks like Boris Johnson's (Prime Minister here in the UK) and now I can't unsee it. Boris is always ridiculed for his ridiculous hair btw.
Old 05-08-2022, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
lmao

the master and commander scene

*shudders*
Old 05-09-2022, 01:14 AM
Master Fan

The master and commander line is vile. Who tf can watch that and come away from it, charmed by him? And think, oh this is a great set up for a couple to ship! He's awful. Also the way he says this:

RORY: Just because you pay somebody, it doesn't mean that you can speak to them as if they're beneath you.

LOGAN: Actually, the fact that this is a free country means I can speak to anyone in any manner which I choose. However, the rules of a civilized society may frown upon a certain obvious show of snobbery, so if that's your argument --

What an entitled, gross little *****.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

already he doesn’t see her as an equal

damn was that with Marty
Old 05-09-2022, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

And never changes from that. The gaslighting vibes are there from the start.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I just don't understand how she ends up falling for him after that.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

Same. It was the start of her going down a destructive path.
Old 05-10-2022, 04:55 PM
Passionate Fan

We have seen this before but onebreath may not have and it’s highly accurate.

https://marian0.tumblr.com/post/6597...er-development

‘One of the most used arguments for both Literati and R*gan is that both the guys showed character development due to their relationship with Rory. But there is a reason why Jess stays the same way and why Logan falls back to his old antics in AYITL.
Jess’s character development unlike Logan was not solely because of Rory, as we know that Luke and his self help books played a major role in the process. But even just looking wrt Rory, the reason it sticks is because a lot of his maturity comes from him realizing all the mistakes he made, the chances he missed and the potential he has which can be utilized. Rory stands in the middle of this. He changed BECAUSE of his experience with Rory and Luke. BECAUSE they believed in him. BECAUSE they knew he could do so much more. The belief that these two had in him made him want to work on himself. He did it because of them but FOR HIMSELF. And that is why even when Rory is not with him, his character development sticks all the way from post S4 to AYITL. Because he did the hard work on himself, for himself.
Whereas Logan, he changed, learnt how to commit, take a job, settle down and all of that, but he didn’t do it because he wanted that. nope. He did it FOR Rory, to make her happy, to become a version of himself that she wanted. But since all his motivation to be better came FROM her, it never stuck. The moment the relationship would go sour or they break up, he would go back to being irresponsible. Which is why is behavior in the revival is spot on and not OOC. The reason he was ‘good’ in S7 was to keep Rory happy, but now that she is not with him, he does not feel obligated to keep up the ‘responsible adult’ ruse anymore.
Jess became a better person BECAUSE of Rory
Logan became a better person FOR Rory
I believe that when all of your motivation to be better is tied to some other person, not only is it unfair to the person because its an added responsibility on them, it will also not be a long term change. ’