Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2021, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Writing him in such a way that preys on women and their caretaker nature. He’s a character we’re supposed to pity and want to take care of and I believe that particular narrative is so dangerous and destructive.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:14 PM
better with you

It's disgusting. Feeds into the misogynistic idea that it's a woman's job to save a toxic man.

BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly!
Old 04-10-2021, 09:48 PM
better with you

Appalling for shows to romanticise that.

Old 04-11-2021, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

4. He Doesn't Care About Rory's Interests

Rory is a true blue Stars Hollow townie. She dresses like a pilgrim, volunteers at festivals, and was almost Taylor's Ice Cream Queen. If you date her, you accept that, and you embrace that. Jess refuses to take her to the Winter carnival and only gives in when he finds out that Dean will be there. Deduct double points from Jess' swoonable score because not only did he initially refuse to do something that was important to Rory, but he then showed how insecure he was by being threatened by Dean's mere presence.
https://www.bustle.com/articles/1482...ether-with-him
Old 04-12-2021, 11:41 AM
better with you

So many issues with him.

Old 04-13-2021, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So very many for such a short stint as Rory’s BF.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:58 PM
Extreme Fan

It's interesting that Jess is the boyfriend she never said, I love you, Never slept with,and spent the least amount of time with.

I just don't get why ASP likes him so much.

I wonder if she had a fling with a bad boy years ago. It would suck for Mr ASP.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:00 PM
better with you

Honestly, if it's art imitating life, then it would suck for her that she seemed to be hung up on such a toxic relationship.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just saw an account saying Dean was the most toxic relationship & it was all I could do to refrain from saying it’s actually Jess.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dean was not toxic. He had flaws but he was a teenager afraid of losing his girlfriend. If jess was a girl he would be a lot more hated in the situation of trying to break up someone relationship
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:49 AM
better with you

Dean really wasn't toxic, they just ended up wanting different things because they had different worldviews and they accepted that.

Old 04-17-2021, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Do y’all skip over the Jess scenes when you rewatch the series? I’m about to start up my rewatch again and I don’t think I can stomach his storyline anymore.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:39 AM
better with you

I tend to not rewatch his parts at all

Old 04-17-2021, 02:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I just saw an account saying Dean was the most toxic relationship & it was all I could do to refrain from saying it’s actually Jess.

When I was posting on the now defunct IMDB boards; Dean the toxic was the common theme as to why he was no good. The other one was Dean the stalker. Rory/Jess fans are delusional. They feel like they have to justify the R/J relationship by making Dean the bad guy.

If anyone was a stalker it was Jess. All he did was stalk Rory from the minute he arrived in Stars Hollow. Then when he got her, he ignored her. Dean never stalked Rory. Remember Dean broke it off with Rory. Once gone he stayed away from her. It was always Rory who approached Dean.

You know a lot of this reminds me of Dawson's Creek, where they had to make Andie look bad, to justify Pacey and Joey.

About being toxic. no competition, Jess wins hands down. Dean never did anything toxic to Rory. He didn't try and force her to have sex in some strange bedroom over a party, Also the way he treated Shane and used her. There other incidents.

Skipping over Jess episodes, I agree. When I was a teen boy, I would have kicked the crap out of him. So why watch episodes which anger you and tend to ruin your day, but there are a few episodes worth watching.

1. At the party where Dean slugs him.

2. At Yale when Rory refuses to run off with him.

3. The episodes when Rory and Jess were dating and Jess would run into Dean, and Dean verbally turned the tables on Jess and made Jess wonder how secure his relationship was.[This happened two or three times] Other than that, I don't want to see him.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top