Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2021, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I also don't understand women who love it when a guy YELLS at them all the time. Seriously, 3/4 of the time he was talking he was yelling at her.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jess's mood swings were a big turn fr me
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I also don't understand women who love it when a guy YELLS at them all the time. Seriously, 3/4 of the time he was talking he was yelling at her.
Jess showed classic abusive traits. It amazes me how many women stay with these guys.

I have an example from when I was in the navy. We were in Pearl Harbour. Three of us were leaving the ship about 2000 (8PM) to visit the bars in Honolulu, and we walked past one of the service clubs and we saw a guy who had a girl pinned against a high curb, kicking the crap out of her. The three of us rushed over and pinned the guy to the ground. Then we were attacked by the girl screaming leave my husband alone. We pushed her away and went upon our business. The three of us could not believe what happened aqnd went about our business.

Sometimes I wonder if some girls/women think abuse is normal behaviour.

I told my son when he was a young teen that physically hurting a girl was unacceptable and he was never to raise his hand to a girl. I've known all his girlfriends and he never has.

The worship of Jess, saddens me and I can't u8nderstand how a fan base condones his behaviour.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Ugh, yes, those constant mood swings were exhausting! Jess is way too much of a DRAMA QUEEN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Jess showed classic abusive traits. It amazes me how many women stay with these guys.

I have an example from when I was in the navy. We were in Pearl Harbour. Three of us were leaving the ship about 2000 (8PM) to visit the bars in Honolulu, and we walked past one of the service clubs and we saw a guy who had a girl pinned against a high curb, kicking the crap out of her. The three of us rushed over and pinned the guy to the ground. Then we were attacked by the girl screaming leave my husband alone. We pushed her away and went upon our business. The three of us could not believe what happened aqnd went about our business.

Sometimes I wonder if some girls/women think abuse is normal behaviour.

I told my son when he was a young teen that physically hurting a girl was unacceptable and he was never to raise his hand to a girl. I've known all his girlfriends and he never has.

The worship of Jess, saddens me and I can't u8nderstand how a fan base condones his behaviour.
That’s so sad. It breaks my heart to see abuse like that and women coming to accept that as normal behavior for them.

It’s good that you’ve impressed upon your son how important it is to not resort to violence when they’re upset.
Old 03-26-2021, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a good message. It sucks how jess behavior gets excused
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
tarotx
Jess didn't stop. Rory had to push him off. No he wasn't trying to rape her but it was still about control. This wasn't about wanting to be intimate or even because of a strong attraction. He was unhappy about his choices and didn't want to think about them let alone talk about them. Rory wanted to talk. She was worried about him. Worried about them as a couple. Jess used that to his advantage. This wasn't about Rory at all. He wasn't thinking about her wants or needs. He didn't ask if she was ready, he didn't listen to her cues, he was focused on himself. Then after Rory pushed him off, he tried to turn lack of consent back onto her.

Then he leaves town without talking with her about what happened in Kyle's bedroom. Rory deserved a real conversation. Instead Jess splits town for almost a year. Comes back and when Rory needs to have a little control( getting to run away this time) Jess says, "I love you" and then splits town again. He only takes a few weeks to come back this time but he wants her to run off with him. He tells he knows her. He wants to try again but not where she feels safe. He does at least leave when Rory says no. But the chain of events is just ick.
She’s right, that whole chain of events is what makes me want to vomit and pull my hair out with frustration at that character! He’s just being an emotionally stunted dick to Rory the entire time & I can’t take watching him be let off the hook in the way that he is.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:06 PM
Extreme Fan

One of the best scenes in the series.

Jess: Just say no if you really mean it.

Rory: NO

To add insult to injury, Rory slept with Dean shortly afterward

Last edited by TL22; 03-26-2021 at 08:55 PM
Old 03-27-2021, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
One of the best scenes in the series.

Jess: Just say no if you really mean it.

Rory: NO

To add insult to injury, Rory slept with Dean shortly afterward
*cringe* God, he is so creepy and pushy and desperate. It's sad, really. And once again, he's pushing her to do something she does NOT want. Not to mention, he's asking her to DROP OUT OF YALE and go run off with him because he can't deal with real life.
Old 03-28-2021, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Why Rory & Jess Shouldn't End Up Together

1. He Was Straight Up Mean

That's just reality. Jess often spoke to everyone with complete disrespect. When he angrily told Luke that he bothers everyone with his advice, I wanted to kick him in the shins. He literally says, "you have to fix everyone. You think it makes you a good guy but really, it just makes you a pain in the ass." OK, jerkface. The man only opened his home to you. No big deal. Bonus: when Luke pushed Jess into a pond, I rejoiced like it was my own hand that pushed him.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1482...ether-with-him
Old 03-29-2021, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

2. He Never Smiles

The perpetually angry thing is not sexy. Jess scowls so much that I'm almost positive he is in a constant state of constipation. Someone get that man some fiber and a rainbow, because he's a big bowl of miserable, and Rory doesn't need that until death do us part.

^This drives me crazy. He's angry ALL THE TIME and that is NOT sexy whatsoever. Who would want to be around all of that anger and hatred? There's just no joy. I roll my eyes every time he opens his mouth and all of that vitriol is spewed.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Honestly, the guy was vile and it was never difficult to see.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

He was.

3. He's So Disrespectful To Lorelai

Not only is that a huge issue under normal circumstances, but, with the freakishly tight bond that exists between Rory and her mother, Jess would be smart to make super sure he treats Lorelai like a goddess. And yet, when she invites Jess to her house for dinner, he steals a beer, tries to bail through a window, and asks Lorelai if she's sleeping with Luke. So dreamy, guys. So dreamy.

I don’t know about you but Jess is NOT the kinda guy you bring home to meet your mother.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Does anyone else find this kinda funny?

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...lled-off.html/

If only...
Old 03-31-2021, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

BuT tHeY wErE mEaNt To Be EnDgAmE!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably would have been better for Rory if they had

Jess was just red flag after red flag.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Posted by Talula78

Quote:
That's just reality. Jess often spoke to everyone with complete disrespect. When he angrily told Luke that he bothers everyone with his advice, I wanted to kick him in the shins.
I'd kick him someplace else.
Reply   Post New Thread