Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2021, 02:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Chris just grosses me out in many ways. Barf.
onebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. He’s not my cup of tea.
Old 12-23-2021, 06:38 PM
Absolute Fan

At first glance you you might think.... he's okay, I guess. Nothing special though, just an average white male. Then he opens his mouth or does something and it's like..... hard pass. Big nope.
Old 12-29-2021, 01:07 AM
Absolute Fan

To the Chris fans who say that Lorelai "took Rory away from Chris." You do remember when this conversation took place, right?

Old 12-30-2021, 03:58 PM
Addicted Fan

I absolutely agree with you. Lorelai never tried to withhold Rory from him, but that was shown a lot on the show and often said that it wasn't. Lorelai would have loved to have him live in Rory's, but he didn't want, Chris himself admitted that.
BellaBellisario
Semperance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 05:11 PM
Absolute Fan

I hate though in AYITL, Chris says that Lorelai basically didn't let him in. Ugh, no Chris. That's you just trying to make an excuse for yourself.
Old 12-31-2021, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I will always be very annoyed with that scene. It's just Chris being Chris though. It wasn't his doing. It wasn't his fault. It's just how it was and he couldn't change it. Ugh.
Old 12-31-2021, 01:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Yes, always has to shift any blame away from himself and never take responsibility for his mistakes.

I was watching the episode from season 7 the other day where he says to Lorelai "let's make a baby." The way that scene grosses me out. Ew, ew, ew. And all because he got jealous seeing Lorelai and Luke with Luke's niece. He's pathetic.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's the reason you should have a kid, right? Not because you actually want one.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:38 AM
Absolute Fan

Right? His only concern was that they had money and could afford another child. He didn't want one. He only wanted to get Lorelai pregnant to tie her to him and the sham marriage, because he knew her heart wasn't in it with him. Contrast that scene to the scene of Luke and Lorelai in bed, after they get engaged and talk about kids. A completely different reaction from Lorelai.
Old 01-02-2022, 07:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)

I was watching the episode from season 7 the other day where he says to Lorelai "let's make a baby." The way that scene grosses me out. Ew, ew, ew. And all because he got jealous seeing Lorelai and Luke with Luke's niece. He's pathetic.
Omg, how I hate that scene, after the Paris episode, this is probably the worst moment of the two... when he says "let's make a baby", I had to throw up!! It's disgusting and reflects Christopher's character!!! And yes, you are absolutely right, the scene of LL in bed talking about babies is so different. He doesn't push her, he is very careful with the statement and she is enthusiastic and seems sooooo in love with Luke, this shine and this true love, I never saw when she was with Chris.
BellaBellisario
Old 01-02-2022, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Right? His only concern was that they had money and could afford another child. He didn't want one. He only wanted to get Lorelai pregnant to tie her to him and the sham marriage, because he knew her heart wasn't in it with him. Contrast that scene to the scene of Luke and Lorelai in bed, after they get engaged and talk about kids. A completely different reaction from Lorelai.
Yep. Entirely different.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:30 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperance (View Post)
Omg, how I hate that scene, after the Paris episode, this is probably the worst moment of the two... when he says "let's make a baby", I had to throw up!! It's disgusting and reflects Christopher's character!!! And yes, you are absolutely right, the scene of LL in bed talking about babies is so different. He doesn't push her, he is very careful with the statement and she is enthusiastic and seems sooooo in love with Luke, this shine and this true love, I never saw when she was with Chris.
It's a disgusting scene. Not only having to see Chris and Lorelai lying in bed together which is enough on its own to make my eyes bleed, but everything that happens in it. It's his forcing the kissing on her that really gets to me. How she has to tell him to stop, because he just wants to go for it right there and then. How romantic, you sleazy POS.

The simple fact is, Lorelai was never in love with Chris. What they had was trauma bond, not love. Chris was nothing but a rebound to Lorelai. Someone she could be with and mask her true feelings, burry how she she really felt. She was faking her happiness when she was with him, because he isn't who she was in love with or who she wanted to be with. It's just a shame it took her to being pushed into a marriage to him and his jealousy outburst over a character reference before she finally realised that.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:08 AM
Addicted Fan

@onebreath

Right? Forcing this on during the kisses, it was really unsightly and horrible. Especially since she pushed him away and didn't want that at all, you could see that she definitely didn't want a child with Chris, just with Luke.

I know for sure, she didn't love Chris, so as a father of Rory she did, but not as a partner, it used to be like that, but since they first saw each other again when Rory was 16, it was just a habit, not love. I find it sad that Lorleai tried to convince herself that and it took her so long to understand. But I actually also think that Lorelai only took the step towards Christopher again because Luke told her in 7x02 that she belongs to someone like Chris. She cried so bitterly on the couch afterwards and she really just wanted Luke, but Luke couldn't forgive her for sex with Chris (understandable) and pushed her back to Chris. Otherwise I think it would never have occurred to her to have a relationship with him again, because after the sex that night, she told Chris it was only one time and he shouldn't make it anymore.
BellaBellisario
Old 01-03-2022, 10:02 AM
Absolute Fan

She wouldn't want another child with Chris for him to up and abandon eventually.

Yes, what Luke said to her in the supermarket definitely impacted her decision to go into that relationship with Chris. As sad as it is. But it shows how emotionally distraught she was and not thinking straight, because she jumped into that relationship so quickly and Chris took advantage of her being vulnerable. Which he even admits to. Ugh, he's the worst
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top