Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2022, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

He was always so supportive of Rory and was there for her. Chris was only there when he deemed it worth his time, which was very, very few moments in Rory's life.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Chris definitely pushed her into the relationship. I also think Lorelai thought he was her only option at that point.
Old 05-18-2022, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I think she thought that too and that shows how emotionally low she was and not thinking straight. There is so way a relationship with Chris or anyone would work out when she has just broken up with Luke and still completely in love with him. But Chris just can't help himself, sees his opportunity and weasels himself in there.
Old 05-18-2022, 02:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Chris knew what he was doing so I don't understand or feel he has any right to be upset when he questions her on if she is still in love with Luke. His response to the character reference letter was so immature.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

He had absolutely no right to feel upset. His whole lame, whiny cry of "I can't handle being your second choice!" was so pathetic. You pushed her into being with you, you wet, mouldy sandwich. You knew she was in love with Luke, but that didn't matter to you. Also, you weren't even her second choice - you were a loser rebound.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

I saw a comment that said people who think Luke is more attractive than Chris are delusional. I don't find Chris attractive either, he's too boyish or something. plus his personality sucks.

I really don't know what he was expecting, of course Lorelai still loved Luke.
Old 05-18-2022, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

Sounds like they're delusional for saying that.

And yeah, those that think Chris is more attractive than Luke can think that all they want...they just have bad taste. But what they can't argue is that Chris is a trash person and Luke is not. Chris doesn't even come close to how amazing Luke is.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:47 PM
Passionate Fan

True, the looks of a person for being attractive is personal taste and taste varies. But you can not give any reason for why Chris would be attractive based on his overall person and character. Luke has him beat there by miles and miles.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:27 AM
Master Fan

If a person would be attracted to and would want to be with Chris because they think he is a great guy etc, then I would be seriously worried about them. Is their bar for being with someone really that low that they think Christopher human toxic waste Hayden is a "great guy"? Yikes.

I'll judge Lorelai less harshly since she had a trauma bond relationship with him and he continually kept taking advantage of her and would manipulate her.

But looking at him as a outsider, it's worrying to think there are people who think he would make a for a good person to be with.
Old 05-19-2022, 06:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Is there ever anything positive associated with Chris? When I think of all the times he is on the show, there's always drama with him. Then anything that could be considered good has an underlying negativity to it. Nothing ever seems genuine with him.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

No, there's nothing and as you said, when the show tries to show him in a positive light, there's always still a negativity underneath it all. Take the open top car, movie barn date for example. Very nice date set up that is perfect for Lorelai? Sure. BUT the only reason he set it up was because their previous dates ended with her turning him away at the door and he wanted to charm her so much that he would get her into bed. That was his goal. It wasn't just to see Lorelai be happy, it was so he could get out of it what he wanted. As soon as the movie is over, he's already wanting to head back to his place. Then once Emily's stint in jail takes over the night, he gets all annoyed and pouts that that's what Lorelai will remember about the night and not his date. So Lorelai has to reassure and coddle him and yep, it ends with Lorelai inviting him into the house (for some bad sex). Gross and yuck.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
No, there's nothing and as you said, when the show tries to show him in a positive light, there's always still a negativity underneath it all. Take the open top car, movie barn date for example. Very nice date set up that is perfect for Lorelai? Sure. BUT the only reason he set it up was because their previous dates ended with her turning him away at the door and he wanted to charm her so much that he would get her into bed. That was his goal. It wasn't just to see Lorelai be happy, it was so he could get out of it what he wanted. As soon as the movie is over, he's already wanting to head back to his place. Then once Emily's stint in jail takes over the night, he gets all annoyed and pouts that that's what Lorelai will remember about the night and not his date. So Lorelai has to reassure and coddle him and yep, it ends with Lorelai inviting him into the house (for some bad sex). Gross and yuck.
I agree! If you compare that to the romantic things Luke did for Lorelai, such as when he built her the ice rink, Luke did that with no goal in mind other than to make Lorelai happy about snow again.

Lol @ the bad sex.
Old 05-19-2022, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Definitely bad sex.

Quote:
But Chris just can't help himself, sees his opportunity and weasels himself in there.
Yep.
Old 05-20-2022, 01:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar_dust (View Post)
I agree! If you compare that to the romantic things Luke did for Lorelai, such as when he built her the ice rink, Luke did that with no goal in mind other than to make Lorelai happy about snow again.

Lol @ the bad sex.
Exactly! Luke's romantic acts were selfless. He just wants to see her be happy, that's what his concern is, not what he will gain from the gesture. So that in turn makes his romantic gestures so much more meaningful and romantic than anything Chris did.

And yes, it's headcanon that Chris is bad in bed. Lorelai has mentioned more than once how quick sex with him was.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Exactly! Luke's romantic acts were selfless. He just wants to see her be happy, that's what his concern is, not what he will gain from the gesture. So that in turn makes his romantic gestures so much more meaningful and romantic than anything Chris did.

And yes, it's headcanon that Chris is bad in bed. Lorelai has mentioned more than once how quick sex with him was.
I agree and I fully accept that as canon lol. He is selfish so it makes sense he would be in bed also.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top