Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2022, 06:20 AM
Master Fan

This is a great way to sum up Chris. "Ick" really does describe him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GilmoreGirl...m_source=share
Old 05-09-2022, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Sums it up perfectly.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:56 AM
Master Fan

Of course. A pathetic excuse, but totally on brand for Christopher.

Although, I'm glad he wasn't in the episode. He'd have ruined it being there. It was much more heartwarming seeing the people who actually care about Rory being there and not the selfish deadbeat who selectively cares for her.
Old 05-11-2022, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It is pathetic. It’s his daughter’s graduation and he couldn’t figure something out to be there? Ridiculous.
Old 05-11-2022, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

He didn't have an interest because there was no chance of him trying to get into Lorelai's pants. That's the only time he takes an interest in Rory, when he has another agenda.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yep. I am grateful we didn't have to endure him in that ep.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:23 AM
Master Fan

I'm grateful that he doesn't appear for almost two seasons worth of episodes, between his last appearance in seasons 3, to when he shows up again in season 5. It's a wonderful time and it shows how unnecessary his character truly is for the overall plot. He can be mentioned now and then that he exists, but he doesn't need to be there. When he is there, all he does is cause drama and upset. He's bacially a useless plot device. A chocolate teapot.
Old 05-13-2022, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yep. Very unnecessary.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

When he does come back, it's to cause drama between LL. Then he's gone for almost a year, only to return to do the same thing.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I’ll take useless characters for $200, Alex.
Old 05-15-2022, 02:07 AM
Master Fan

exactly!

He's a walking plot device. The way they used him s7 was even more pointless. Lorelai's rebound, really? We all knew she was going to end up with Luke, the man she actually loves, so why waste time on her and Chris? Everything about it was awkward, no chemistry, Lorelai is OOC and masking how she was really feeling, putting on this fakeness of being happy. She was never in love with Chris, ever, and never would be in love with him (we knew this from the s6 finale but what extra satisfaction it was for her to admit to Chris that it wasn't just the fact she was still in love with Luke, but that she was never going to be in love with Chris. So even if there was no Luke, it was still never going to be Chris ). So what a waste of episodes, just to make use of Sutcliffe's contract. A better use of his character would be to have him focus on his relationship with Rory. But no, no. Chris, as always, has to tend to his needs and wants like the selfish man-child that he is, and in the process, push Lorelai into a relationship and marriage with him when she's at her absolute lowest point emotionally.

He is trash.

Old 05-16-2022, 02:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
exactly!

He's a walking plot device. The way they used him s7 was even more pointless. Lorelai's rebound, really? We all knew she was going to end up with Luke, the man she actually loves, so why waste time on her and Chris? Everything about it was awkward, no chemistry, Lorelai is OOC and masking how she was really feeling, putting on this fakeness of being happy. She was never in love with Chris, ever, and never would be in love with him (we knew this from the s6 finale but what extra satisfaction it was for her to admit to Chris that it wasn't just the fact she was still in love with Luke, but that she was never going to be in love with Chris. So even if there was no Luke, it was still never going to be Chris ). So what a waste of episodes, just to make use of Sutcliffe's contract. A better use of his character would be to have him focus on his relationship with Rory. But no, no. Chris, as always, has to tend to his needs and wants like the selfish man-child that he is, and in the process, push Lorelai into a relationship and marriage with him when she's at her absolute lowest point emotionally.

He is trash.

I agree with all of this.

I hate Chris and the Chris and Lorelai relationship. It's toxic, red flags everywhere with them. They are probably my most hated couple from any TV show ever.

I do not see how anyone could justify wanting them together, when Chris is such a terrible person, the worst father to Rory and he is so damn selfish! I hate him so much.

I am glad their relationship was short lived. It was very awkward to watch it play out. Lorelai never loved him and only ever loved Luke. So happy they did not end up together.

Please add my name to the all lists that do not support this character and pairing.
Old 05-16-2022, 03:11 AM
Master Fan

Welcome! I relate to everything you said.

They have the most red flag relationship that ever was a red flag. Even in the new GG cook book, there is a page that details the romances on the show. For Chris and Lorelai they have a red flag icon and it says "everything about this is a red flag!" So true and funny.
Old 05-16-2022, 03:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Welcome! I relate to everything you said.

They have the most red flag relationship that ever was a red flag. Even in the new GG cook book, there is a page that details the romances on the show. For Chris and Lorelai they have a red flag icon and it says "everything about this is a red flag!" So true and funny.
That is hilarious!

They are so toxic. They have one of the most toxic relationships I have ever seen on a TV show. I feel like Chris is very manipulative of Lorelai and that he doesn't know her or understand her at all. The only part of her he understands is the Lorelai he knew when they were teens. But then Lorelai grew up and Chris did not.
Old 05-16-2022, 04:21 AM
Master Fan

Agreed.

They have a trauma bond relationship. It was and could never be a healthy one in any way, shape or form.

Chris definitely manipulated Lorelai. He knew how to take advantage of her when she was emotionally vulnerable and he did this repeatedly. He cared more about himself than ever did Rory and Lorelai and always put his needs first.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top