Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2022, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

He does that as early as his first apperance too. Lorelai is upset and crying on the balcony, Chris appears and instead of just comforting her as a friend, they end up having sex that Lorelai regrets. Then he further tries to push her to marry him.

I won't even go into how inappropriate it was for the two of them to be doing that while their daughter has just been told by her waste grandfather (Straub) that she was basically a mistake. But it was more Chris' fault than Lorelai's, considering how upset Lorelai was too.

Is terrible balcony sex with Chris really worth it, Lorelai?
Old 03-31-2022, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I think Lorelai answered that question pretty quickly thereafter.
Old 03-31-2022, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

LOL right. And she's referenced more than once how quick that original balcony sex was.
Old 03-31-2022, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Manipulating her vulnerability is the WORST.
Old 04-01-2022, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

And he is 100% still terrible in bed. Chris is just so damn selfish in every other aspect in his life, that it would transfer over to the bedroom.

"That's what I'm taking about." -- if he has to state this after the act, then yeah.... ew. He's terrible.
Old 04-02-2022, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

You would never hear Luke say that.
Old 04-03-2022, 01:58 AM
Master Fan

LOL never would those words fall from Luke's mouth, especially in that situation.

Lorelai had to fake more than her happiness when she was married with Chris, if you know what I mean.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Oh goodness.
Old 04-04-2022, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

You know it's true.

Old 04-05-2022, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Perfect gif.
Old 04-06-2022, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

Loooove the responses on this post, asking for moments when you hated Chris the most. The replies saying all the time are so spot on. https://www.reddit.com/r/GilmoreGirl...m_source=share

But this reply really stood out to me and it's one thing he does that I hate that doesn't get talked about enough:

Quote:
I am also currently watching early season 7 (1st rewatch) so I am right there with you. In order to cope I often multitask during Christopher scenes.

There are too many moments to list so I’ll just talk about the one that made me the most angry recently: when he hangs out with Rory and then waits around to talk to Lorelai and then goes on and on about how great their night together was and how he will wait 80 years.

I know this is supposed to be sweet or whatever but it’s super manipulative. Lorelai didn’t see anything great or wonderful about that night and he knows that. She’s also still vulnerable here, having just broken up with Luke. Christopher doesn’t care; he sees his opportunity and goes for it and once again he uses his relationship with Rory to do it

(Lorelai is obviously not totally innocent in this situation but focusing on Christopher here)
Old 04-07-2022, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I can imagine that Rory sees through that and would be hurt by that. But I don't think we ever heard her thoughts on that, right? It wouldn't sit well with me if I was being used as a means to an end so to speak.
Old 04-07-2022, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

We never hear her talk about it. She has to know, has to see what he does. It's no wonder their relationship ended up where it was in AYITL. Sort of awkward and just... you can tell she hardly sees him. And well, we know Lorelai is with Luke and is happy, so Chris can't weasel in there. If he can't have a relationship with Lorelai, he's no interest in Rory.
Old 04-10-2022, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's just sad, but it's true.
Old 04-10-2022, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Yep, it's the hard truth about Chris. One of many reasons why he's the worst.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread