Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2017, 10:20 PM
Passionate Fan

I really doubt it but then they had already done it and had to have their way around it. That's my guess, at least.
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
AnaMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMack (View Post)
I really doubt it but then they had already done it and had to have their way around it. That's my guess, at least.
That was one of the most frustrating SLs in the series for me! It just seemed so weird and out of the blue and out of character for both Rory and Dean.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:41 AM
Passionate Fan

It did. It sounded as if the sole purpose of that storyline was to make Rory regret letting him go, at the expense of the other characters. Dean got married still in love with Rory, that was cruel to him, to Lindsay... It's like they suddenly decided Dean was gonna be this limited country boy and even Jared got on board with this narrative. In one of the revival interviews, he said Dean came from a small town... Since when is Chicago a small town? They literally changed the character to make Jess look good and take his place. Which he didn't even do, as Jess treated her like ****, then left, so who knows what was in those writers heads
Old 01-19-2017, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree ladies! The writers so screwed up the writing for Dean when it came to background and things with Rory.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
It did. It sounded as if the sole purpose of that storyline was to make Rory regret letting him go, at the expense of the other characters. Dean got married still in love with Rory, that was cruel to him, to Lindsay... It's like they suddenly decided Dean was gonna be this limited country boy and even Jared got on board with this narrative. In one of the revival interviews, he said Dean came from a small town... Since when is Chicago a small town? They literally changed the character to make Jess look good and take his place. Which he didn't even do, as Jess treated her like ****, then left, so who knows what was in those writers heads
Oh, that's interesting. I never knew Jared's input into that SL. And yeah, I wasn't very fond of Jess's relationship with Rory, he treated her like total crap and is the whole reason she was desperate to fall back into Dean's affections because she knew he'd treat her right. Except for the little stupid fact that he was married.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hello! I haven't posted at ff in a long time but what to share a mv I made for Rory/Dean after re-watching the seasons again.

Song: This Town by Niall Horan
Couple: Rory Gilmore & Dean Forester from 'Gilmore Girls'
-----------------------
Dedicated to: To all Narcoleptics ♥
-----------------------
Description: Covering all the seasons of Rory and Dean's love story, a look back at how they always seem to find their way back to each other.

Vincent Augusto Spiederman Jennifer Margaret Williamson

Last edited by kyleschick; 01-23-2017 at 05:42 PM
kyleschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aw man, it won't work for me. It's giving me an error message. Do you have a direct link?
Old 01-23-2017, 05:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Aw man, it won't work for me. It's giving me an error message. Do you have a direct link?

Aww, I don't know why it doesn't work. But here's the direct link
https://youtu.be/bfiGJA80VL4

Old 01-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks! That works, Aww, it's such a sweet vid, very well done. I really like the song, too.

Here's your vid again without an error message:
Old 01-23-2017, 05:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thank you, Talula78 and thanks so much for posting the fixed link.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I found it very odd when Jared said "he comes from a small town"... Maybe it's been too long since the original airing of the show and he forgot? It's not like Dean acted as anything other than a country boy when he married Lindsay anyway, so maybe the Palladinos legit changed Dean's background so that only Jess could be the big city guy, which is ridiculous goes to show even geniuses as the palladinos can screw up the narrative pretty damn bad.

I don't think I had ever seen that Dean scene atop the stairs, is it from the show?

Niall's song is so lovely and it fits them so well!!! Aaaawe that "if the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you" line linked to their dance scene

"Over and over the only truth: everything goes back to you" preach!!! This song is such a Rory/Dean anthem! This video is almost making me cry!

"You still make me nervous when you walk in the room" isn't it true, Rory Gilmore? That market reunion could have been slower, the video could have taken more time with that, but that being said, the video is my new favorite
Old 01-23-2017, 07:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I don't think I had ever seen that Dean scene atop the stairs, is it from the show?
Do you mean where he's sitting on the stairs? It''s from 218 Back in the Saddle Again . My heart just breaks when he tells Lorelai "She likes Jess, doesn't she?"
Or do you mean the ladder? That's from 315 Face-Off

When I first heard the song, I immediately thought of Rory/Dean.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I meant the ladder. I hadn't seen the ladder scene before. That front porch scene breaks my heart too

It really fits them, and I didn't expect that It's like hearing the song all over again in a new light. How did I not see it before?

Btw, this song always made me think of Dean bringing Rory out of that late seasons mess (this was before they made the exact scene I imagined for Rory and Dean but with Jess instead):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMt3_p04XaQ
Old 01-24-2017, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

That's a great song.

I was reading what you all wrote above and I completely agree The writers just plum forgot about Dean coming from Chicago. He was a city boy, not a country bumpkin. His characterization from S1 to S2 onward was so different. It was sad that they had to tear down Dean in order to make Jess look better. I think it would have been a more interesting love triangle had they kept Dean's character as he had been in S1 and presented both Dean and Jess, though different, yet on par with each other. It would have been more interesting for Rory to choose between the two of them if that were the case.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I agree with y'all and the character sabotage of Dean. I hated how they dumbed him down in later seasons to prop Jess up.
Reply   Post New Thread