Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

hey people im new to this thread here but i totally love gilmore girls and i dont know if this is the right place to post this but something horible happened to me today i had to tape the premire becasue i had class and my tape messed up and didnt tape it so i was wondering if anyone happens to know where i can go to watch it or if some one is going to put it up on you tube or smething like that could someone pm with a place to see the episode i would love you forver thnx
Always and Forever
One Tree Hill Music Rocks My Socks
jmem17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace5203 (View Post)
She cheated on him. She ripped his f'ing heart out and served it to him on a platter and didn't even bat an eye. She deserves a little mean. If he doesn't give it, hell I'll sneak into the writer's room and write myself into the show to do it. Bitch deserves a little mean. The selfish whore.

And.... end rant.

ETA. I love Luke, I hate Christopher. The only love/hate relationship with the grey area I have is with Lorelai.
Must disagree. No one deserves mean, IMO. I'm no Dean fan, but I wouldn't wish anything bad on him, because I disagree with mean, in all cases.

Lorelai could have run to Chris, Max and Jason all in one night, then run into Luke's and sang a song about it in his face, and I'd still say she doesn't deserve mean. I'd say she was mean, and was no longer worthy of my respect. But no one deserves mean.
potostfbeyeluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Overall, it was a good premiere. Even though L/L are such a big part of the show for me, I'm not going to say I hated the ep. I do hate how they think they have to add so much drama though. The end scene with L/L was so heartbreaking. Scott really did do a great job with that.

I hate that Christopher thinks that he and Lorelai "started" something all because of the one night. Doesn't he realize she was upset about Luke?

All the Rory/Logan stuff I enjoyed. It was cute when she told him she got the rocket when she really didn't.

I liked all the Rory/Lorelai interaction too. Glad to see that was still intact and true to GG.

There's so much I can fake
There's only so much that I can prove
avi by open_distance
UltimateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace5203 (View Post)
She cheated on him. She ripped his f'ing heart out and served it to him on a platter and didn't even bat an eye. She deserves a little mean. If he doesn't give it, hell I'll sneak into the writer's room and write myself into the show to do it. Bitch deserves a little mean. The selfish whore.

And.... end rant.

ETA. I love Luke, I hate Christopher. The only love/hate relationship with the grey area I have is with Lorelai.
WORD!
I hope we dont see Luke fighting for her anymore since she doesn't seem to care. Maybe she's jsut trying to deal with what she did but she made it look like it didnt matterb ecause they were broken up so she didnt really cheat on him. I HATE her and thank god i knew what was going down in this epi. I feel soo bad for the SF pple who need to get used to this or ahd hope etc.

Now how lovely was the LC kiss in the promo. Looks like someone moved on fairly quickly. Luke take my advice. Dont wait for her anymore. Move on let her come begging for you back.

Lorelai should have cried herself to sleep that night. Stupid b**ch made her relaionship with Luke seem like nothing to her. Like when she was telljing Rory and Sookie...they seemed to care more about it then she did. She throw everything she and Luke had out the window. Im soo freakin sick of how this show is going down. I'm so close to being done with it. Im tired of waitnig for LL to eb together when they, well at least Lorelai doesn't even seem to want it. Im sooo done!! Stupid $#@$?@#$?@
Old 09-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Loyal Fan

What a great episode and a great start to season 7. I must say, David Rosenthal did a really amazing job writing the episode and I enjoyed the humor (especially with Michel). I have a feeling that we're going to be in good hands this season.

I thought the rocket thing was cute and I'm glad that we got more than just one scene of Logan. I really hope they see each other soon. Are they really going to wait until Christmas just to see each other! I hope not.

The last part was sad. I can't believe that Lorelai just told Luke right off the bat, but I'm glad that she didn't keep it from him.

Can't wait for next week!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to admit I cried. I felt bad for Rory as well. She really seemed liked she wanted to go to london for the summer.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Absolute Fan

ok, lets see.

loved Rory in this episode, and of course R/L, i don't think they can get any cuter. Plus, all her ramblings about the rocket and Logan in London were just great.

loved Paris, as usual, she was great. as were Sookie, Michel and the townies. (i can't even remember the last time there was a town event like that, thank you DR)

now, onto L/L. Luke, CAN I MARRY YOU?????? all the stuff he said at the ned was just perfect, sweet, and i started to cry. I am definitly now on Team Luke

Lorelai, on the other hand, was horrible. i felt like slapping her in her speech to Sookie. Although, i loved the fact that she emptied the entire house cause it reminded her of Luke She kept going on about how Luke shut her out and she was tired of it. Man, DR really wants to blame Luke 100% for this break-up, huh?

anyway, loved Babbette, she's soooo great. Chris was just being clueless and stupid, the whole "lets have dinner right after you immediatly left this morning and broke up with your fiancee yesterday". idiot....

overall, i realy like the episode, all of it except for Lorelai being whiny. oh, and next week looks like F-U-N /sarcasm
Reshop Heda - Icon
cloudmymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved this episode.

Lorelai has been frustrating all year('06) and it doesn't surprise me.
xmonalpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Overall, a pretty good premiere. Except for the L/C at the beginning, was not a fan of that, no offense. And so not a fan of Rory acting like a lost puppy dog with her Logan. I'm with Paris, kick her while she's down!!! But other than that, loved it. Nice to see more of Lulu, she's a very beautiful, lucky Kirk I say.
youandme1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutfan05 (View Post)
now, onto L/L. Luke, CAN I MARRY YOU?????? all the stuff he said at the ned was just perfect, sweet, and i started to cry. I am definitly now on Team Luke

Lorelai, on the other hand, was horrible. i felt like slapping her in her speech to Sookie. Although, i loved the fact that she emptied the entire house cause it reminded her of Luke She kept going on about how Luke shut her out and she was tired of it. Man, DR really wants to blame Luke 100% for this break-up, huh?

anyway, loved Babbette, she's soooo great. Chris was just being clueless and stupid, the whole "lets have dinner right after you immediatly left this morning and broke up with your fiancee yesterday". idiot....
WORD.
IA that DR is trying to make it likes its all Lukes fault. Just the way he wrote the lines for Lauren (lorelai) really makes it sound like he was killing her throughout S6 and she just really wanted out for a while now.

Chris - is a cluesses @$$ and wants to get Lorelai rgiht back into his bed cause "he had a great time last night"
Old 09-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ok, I have to step up and take up for Lorelai. It was obvious to me that during a large portion of last season Lorelai was upset over the direction her relationship with Luke was heading. She may not have done things right alsways, but neither did Luke. What grown man would keep a secret that he had a child for three months? And what red blooded woman would turn the other cheek when they found out their fiance had been lying to them for three months about a child? Let's be realistic. Yet through it all, Lorelai tried to be understanding. Even though Luke was slowly pushing her out of his life because he could not handle the fact that he had a kid. To me, it made it look as if he could not manage a kid and a fiance at one time. And through all of this Lorelai waited. Until now, she's trying to move on, finally. Well, I would have stopped waiting halfway through last season... Should she have slept with Chris so soon? NO. But she was hurt, and who hasn't done stupid things when they were hurt?

I better say something about the episode, huh? I thought it was great. It was a little dark, but hay, we had to get past what happened in the season finale so we can move on. I think the writing was pretty good. I think David will do a decent job this season. It can't be any worse that last season...
TheTVFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Total Fan

Very satisfying episode. I could not tell these were new writers. It did my heart good to not see ASP's name at the end.
I think we did see how much Lorelai is hurting but she has to move on for her own mental health. Luke just never saw that his approach was all about him and never about the woman he was supposed to love.
I am so in for wherever this season takes us. Lorelai needs to get back out in the world and see the possibilities. Luke needs to deal with Anna and April and see that they cannot be his whole world. Or maybe they can...
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed the episode. I'm looking forward to what DR does and what some of the new writers will do with the show after tonight;s episode.

I really enjoyed the Rory/Logan stuff. The rocket turned out to be a lot sweeter and a little less weird than I thought it would be.

It's rare that I do this, but I want to give Lorelai a little more credit as well. No, she shouldn't have slept with Chris, but that was a mistake.

Luke was, IMO, much more responsible for the break-up than Lorelai was. Lorelai should've communicated her frustrations and concerns better last season, but he was still the one shutting her out from such a new, huge part of his life.

Regardless of who was more at fault for the break-up, I really liked that we got to hear just how much Lorelai was hurt from everything from last season, instead of just seeing her so passive.

Loved Paris in this episode. I wish we'd had a little more, but the scene we had was great. The tutoring should be a perfect job for her. I'm kind of surprised some of the parents were so willing to put up with her attitude though. I guess her credentials (and probably price) are too good to pass up though.

Last edited by RoxyBlueGirl7; 09-26-2006 at 08:28 PM
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Absolute Fan

5 words can describe this episode OH MY GOD, SO GOOD!!!! David Rosenthal, I have complete faith in this guy!

Sadness
Oh for most of this episode, I seriously felt like crying. The scenes that got me the most were....Lorelai talking to Sookie, Lorelai telling Luke the truth, Rory talking to Logan and having to decided between her mom and Logan but not only that, she also had to feel the sadness of wanting to see him NOW and instead having to wait till christmas and then there was Luke sitting in the diner alone while Lorelai strips her bed. Those scenes actually got me teary!

The scene I was tempted to cry at was Rory waving to Luke, that was so sweet

Funnyness
I loved the racket ball scene, she hit the ball once and they were done I was pretty impressed with Rory though, sitting there wacking the ball while talking. Oh and Rory telling Lorelai what happened with the diner was HILARIOUS!!!! She was so into cars, I almost got scared. Oh my God I SO loved the Lorelai and Rory scenes this episode, especially when they first saw eachother at the start and Lorelai was trying to get Michel all enthusiastic about Rory being there

Luke and Lorelai drama
Now everyone is blaming more one person then the other for the whole Luke and Lorelai drama, I say they are both equally responsible for everything.
Lorelai was, in my oppinion, very smart for waiting and not speaking her feelings last season. I think maybe she should have said a little something calmly about why she was upset and why she had a problem with April just like what Luke did at the start of the season during the whole Lorelai and Rory drama. I really like how Lorelai was respectful enough to wait for him to be ready to introduce her and April and I really liked that she postponed the wedding cause it just repaid Lukes kindness in season 6 when he helf off the wedding for Rory. I do think it was very wrong to go to Chris in the end but hey, she should be able to make a mistake right? She went through all season 6 in pain over one thing or another, she was trying to do the right thing but her plans backfired so she felt hopeless and thats why I wasn't ticked off at her in the end.

Luke was very respectful through out most of season 6, he made mistakes like not telling Lorelai and April after he made her promise not to keep secrets but other then that, I was really proud of him for wanting to make up for the lost time with April, he really needed that half a season to get to know his daughter and catch up with her and I commend him for taking that chance. But he should have laid out the rules with both April and Anna that Lorelai was his fiance and if April was in his life, Lorelai would be in Aprils.

----------------

Ok thats all for now, I would post my feelings on Chris but I'm too ticked off at him right now!

Ok now the thing that blew me away about this episode, it was the perfect amount of EVERYTHING, the drama, the comedy and the shock. The way they did everything was amazing!! Kudos to EVERYONE on the show and working with the show!!!

Ok EXCELLENT episode, I can't say that enough, I was in love with it. Very sad but very good. David Rosenthal is off to an amazing start. I can't wait till next episode!

Last edited by go_clo; 09-28-2006 at 03:22 AM
go_clo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyBlueGirl7 (View Post)
Loved Paris in this episode. I wish we'd had a little more, but the scene we had was great. The tutoring should be a perfect job for her. I'm kind of surprised some of the parents were so willing to put up with her attitude though. I guess her credentials (and probably price) are too good to pass up though.
I soo agree. Paris was just great - perfect comady relief i needed, being a huge LL fan and all....she was histerical. "She's either dumb or lazy" hehe
I look foward to many funny things she has to say in the future!
Reply   Post New Thread