Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

So was there anyone who loved this episode?

I'm with everyone who said it wasn't a good one. I had a bad feeling about it when I read the title of the episode about half an hour before it came on. For some reason, I hate the word diorama.

I was hoping the episode would be able to overcome the bad title. Unfortunately, I was bored. I kept waiting for them to stop wasting time on Luke and the house. I did enjoy the (cringe) diorama, but there are so many other things they could have shown that would have been better.

Quote:
Dean, pointless, infantile Dean. I used to like him once upon a time and now? Not so much. As someone else posted, Lorelai has never said she wants more than Stars Hollow. I see it in Rory, I don't see it in Lorelai. I think she found this wonderful, quirky town that fits her personality and I don't see her wanting to franchise the inn and move on to the "big city."
Exactly! What was Dean talking about? Rory's dream is to go off and travel the world as a reporter. Lorelai's dream has been to open her own inn.

I think my favorite scene was Rory crying on the bathroom floor, although I can't say I feel too sorry for her. No strings - her idea. Set yourself up for that and that's what you get.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

All I can say is, my boss was going to watch the show for the first time this week, and I am so happy she didn't make it home in time. I'm going to let her borrow my season 1 DVDs. Get her off on the right foot.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Addicted Fan

I love when Kirk says to Paris "how do you feel about goldfish?" when Rory and Lorelai are walking into Rory's room.

I wonder though, why doesn't Kirk stay with Lulu? Does she have her own place? I would assume she does.

The mute boy cracks me up everytime! I love it for some reason.

I don't know-- guess I'm one of the few that liked (not love) this episode, heh.
ABitStormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

This is my take on the episode: It was bleh. But, not the only episode that was bleh...

The festival of living art was much worse....

I just think that the town quirkiness was overkill. I think they could have cut a lot of it out. I hope it isn't a sign of what is to come. I didn't hate it , but this show has been much better.

I liked the bum-pinching sequence. Dean needs to seriously get a life. He is such an angerball. the man loves to blame Rory for everything, but he brought this particular disaster on himself. For godsakes he was married and acted like he was single. The dude needs some serious therapy to deal with his misguided anger. I just wish Dean would go away.

Rory is finally realizing no strings is stupid. I think it was to show her that you can only go so low. I think comparing her to Lorelai is silly. She is young and has so much to learn. Overall, I like her character. I've always liked Rory and I think Logan will be good for her if he ever gets off his bloody arse....
Old 04-20-2005, 08:59 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABitStormy
The mute boy cracks me up everytime! I love it for some reason.
You're not alone, ABitStormy. I actually had to rewind that part a couple times.

I watched the whole thing again today, and I think I appreciate Lorelai's Emily storyline a little more than I did at first. Yeah, the things she told the interviewer were over the top and perhaps too dramatic for the issues they deal with in their relationship. However, I thought Lorelai's descision to pull the article wrapped it up nicely at the end. After trying to defend herself to Rory, she realized that she went too far and dealt with the consequences. It showed some growth, I thought.

I still can't really figure out why Paris needed to walk barefoot asking for change in Stars Hollow.

Last edited by reflecting light; 04-20-2005 at 09:04 PM
reflecting light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Its good that Loralie had that article pulled. That would have been awful and no way that she and Emily could ever have any type of relationship. Dean's scene was pointless and dumb. I loved Lane and Paris as usual.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Passionate Fan

First impression: sucked. Several rewatches later:not so bad but not the best

1) Glad it was more Luke centered...hitting Taylor with frying pan. Priceless.

2) Kirk is plain weird. No explanation needed.

3) Drunk and homeless looking Paris was the best part to me.

4) Rory crying...I finally felt for the girl. Esp good to see a mom and daughter moment.

And 5) Daniel ...you suck as a writer! Someone said it earlier...leave it to your wife!
Anotherjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherjunkie
Daniel ...you suck as a writer! Someone said it earlier...leave it to your wife!

Jeez. A lot of DP-hatin' on this thread. I agree that oftentimes his eps are a little heavy on the townies and can be a little to cutsie and odd, but they're not all bad.

Let's try to stay positive and think of some DP-written eps that we actually like.
Okay, I'll name my fav DP ep - 2.3 Red Light on a Wedding Night - the ep that brought us the chuppah scene.

Luke: "There's nothing like some good lovin' to shut a person up, if you know what I mean."

- Java-Junkie (ILY #157, WYMM #109, LL #80, Dirty JJ #12), Flannel Whore #22
choirgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Am I the only one that actually liked the eppy? I thought it was good and I dont see how Luke was different from his normal self. He still acted the same old Luke just a bit less grumpy which I like. I liked the Lane/Zack scenes alot and Kirk was just great! I love that little dude.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Not the best eppy I admid...but overall a nice one. Luke acted kinda strange...not the grumpy Luke we know but who cares!! Hey it's Luke!!

Luke and Lorelai hhmmmzzz...what can I say. More like brother and sister as someone mention before. Ever since they are in a realationship the chemistry seemes to be missing a bit. They don't have to be all over eachother all day but once in a while a little kiss or something. And what bothers me is that Lauren/Lorelai almost never looks him in the eyes...

Well enough of that.... Hope the next eppy will be better!!

I have just one question: Which two dirty English words rhymes with Emily??
Yofromho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

I agree with so many of you... it just doesn't need to be repeated.

To me, the biggest gaping hole was not Logan (this is no strings baby girl) but [Taylor as town selectman! There were THREE epis that dealt with his being replaced. We heard the recall speach, we saw Jackson swamped & hating it, they could have gotten away with a one-line mention that there was in fact a recall and I'd be fine, but to just have Taylor running the town meeting again made me feel like I'd missed an episode somehow.

And though I loved the breakfast scene, I have to say it was freaky that Lulu was nowhere. No one even asked where she was. Again, I hate no explanations. (And again I'll say that the Logan thing was given an explanation - hot & heavy became voice mail became crickets. We'll see the bounce from this, per promo.)

I like happy!Luke. But then again, I don't much like in-character Luke, so sue me.

Gotta stop myself before a type a repeat of the hateful bad things...

Okay, I found Zack's cleaning products love & blue grass secret pretty funny - totally caught me off guard. And Paris' rasberries. Maybe OOC, but I lmao.

Didn't DP write Say Something this year? Isn't that one of my fave eps ever? Well I guess we take the good with the bad. It's interesting how parts some hated others liked. There does seem to be a concensus on Dean for once, however. Now if only ASP will join us in our cry "No More Dean!"
newoldfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:45 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldfan
And though I loved the breakfast scene, I have to say it was freaky that Lulu was nowhere. No one even asked where she was. Again, I hate no explanations. (And again I'll say that the Logan thing was given an explanation - hot & heavy became voice mail became crickets. We'll see the bounce from this, per promo.)

I like happy!Luke. But then again, I don't much like in-character Luke, so sue me.
I love the break fast scene too. But it's true...where the hell is LULU?

I agree about Luke. I love the happy and excited Luke...yes he usually isn't like that but once and then it's nice to see
Old 04-21-2005, 09:27 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldfan
Didn't DP write Say Something this year? Isn't that one of my fave eps ever? Well I guess we take the good with the bad. It's interesting how parts some hated others liked. There does seem to be a concensus on Dean for once, however. Now if only ASP will join us in our cry "No More Dean!"
DP wrote "Say Something"? I didn't know that. I love that episode! I dunno, I just feel like whenever they throw in an episode by him things seem to change, and it's a bit OOC. Say Something was nothing like that though. I seriously loved everything about that episode. *shrug* I can't say I hated this episode, but it could've been much better. Why can't Dean just go away already?!
hellssn0wdr0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
GILMORE GIRLS
5X14 - SAY SOMETHING
Original Airdate: 02/15/05

Written by Daniel Palladino
Directed by Daniel Palladino
I guess he did!
iamsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:46 AM