Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Supreme Fan

The whole episode just felt off to me. I felt like I was watching a weird/skewed version of the show. The humor was different than it normally is, (Paris blowing raspberries, the entire museum thing, and there was definitely more) and Luke was so completely out of character that I almost didn't recognize him. Being enthusiastic about the diorama thing? What the hell? He kept grinning and looking over at Lorelai and Sookie, trying to see what they thought of it.

I liked all the girls getting trashed and lamenting over their boy issues, but I wish we'd seen more of that, instead of Paris walking around the streets of Stars Hollow, barefoot and begging, and Lane flipping out on Carol King.

I don't think Lorelai necessarily wants to reconcile with Emily just because she had the article pulled. I think she just didn't want to add fuel to the fire, or hurt Emily. It's different to have a private fight with Emily than it is for the whole community to read about how horrible she is.

Dean can shut the **** up. I kind of dug Luke's whole "punch me" speech. It was kind of hot.

I have to admit that I loved the scene with the girls and Kirk having breakfast. The fort was hilarious, as was Mommy!Lorelai.

Way to show us five seconds of the Lorelai/Rory scene at the end, TPTB.

Am I the only one who's totally confused about Rory/Logan's relationship/non relationship? The preview confused me even more. Actually, I don't really care about them, anyway, so, whatever.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree, that was one odd eppy. It was all over the place and the scenes were really short. I dunno what they were on when they were making this eppy.

The only thing that was funny was when Lorelai was taking care of Kirk. lol. The best part was the last few seconds with Lor and Rory. They should have shown more of it though! I hate when shows cut that off. And no Logan?! Before the hiatus it looked like Rory and Logan were on good terms, or so I think. What in the world happened to that. Then again Logan did get jealous in Pulp Friction. The best part for me was the promo. Next week looks better. Or so I think. I'm glad that Rory didn't leave a drunken message on Logan's machine. But why is he ignoring her. Is he mad at her or something. I guess we'll find out next week.

And what was up with Dean??? I know what he was talking about but what a way to put it to confuse people. He should just zip it. And his hair! What was up with that. lol! And I applaude Luke for telling him off.

Good night everyone.

Last edited by ~Izzerelly~; 04-19-2005 at 07:50 PM
~Izzerelly~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Sorry, double post.
i shall be queen i put it on my cheeks
ameliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by * Kay *
Luke was so completely out of character that I almost didn't recognize him. Being enthusiastic about the diorama thing? What the hell? He kept grinning and looking over at Lorelai and Sookie, trying to see what they thought of it.
I don't think Luke was so completely out of character. He wants this house and he wants Lorelai to want the house too, which, in my mind explains why he kept grinning during the diorama thing. Just having Lorelai in the house and looking around was enough to make him do a cartwheel, I think. I don't think it was necessarily the diorama presentation but the fact that his dream women was standing in his dream home, if you'll pardon the cheesy phrasing.

But then again, this is all coming from someone who's always thought Luke is a tad too gruff normally. I like seeing a softer side of him - the man's in love! Exceptions must be made.

Nate, I completely agree regarding Carol King. She really annoyed me tonight. I don't remember her being this obnoxious in the past. Her acting was really sub-par tonight IMO. Lane's whole storyline reeked tonight though.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm not sure why people are confused by the Logan/Rory storyline. They said no strings, and up to this point we've seen the benefits of that arrangement. The dates, the fun times, etc. This is the reality of no strings hitting, when he doesn't call. No strings, no obligations. So now Rory's dealing with that, and she's devastated. There wasn't a falling out, it's just him not calling because he didn't feel like it. Which sucks.

And what is Luke thinking? You can't try to buy a house for a life you're building with another person WITHOUT TALKING TO THEM ABOUT IT. I think Lorelai will be pretty freaked to discover Luke's plans.

More and more, I realize I was very weirded out by this episode. Clunky, thrown together with gags and stupid humor. I'm having early S4 flashbacks that I'm trying to repress.

Avie by Nahla
Elaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

I thought Luke was pretty annoying in the episode. I understand his motivation behind helping Taylor, but it was just... too much.

The girls getting drunk was terrible. I didn't think the acting was all that stellar, and I was hoping for a little more with some more bashing. They barely talked about their troubles.

I think I'm just surprised about this episode. The writers have been doing such a fantastic job this season, and this one does not fit.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I don't think Luke was so completely out of character. He wants this house and he wants Lorelai to want the house too, which, in my mind explains why he kept grinning during the diorama thing. Just having Lorelai in the house and looking around was enough to make him do a cartwheel, I think. I don't think it was necessarily the diorama presentation but the fact that his dream women was standing in his dream home, if you'll pardon the cheesy phrasing.
That's an interesting way of looking at it! I didn't look at it like that before, thanks! I'm not as upset about it now.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Just a few comments.

Rory: He doesn't like you because you have the self-worth of a piece of dirt!

Love the idea of Luke wanting to buy the house for his family, ie. Lorelai, Leopold and Loeb.

Paris cracks my **** up. Liza Weil can be given crap to do and she still shines.

Carol King. Love her music, but her character was lame last time and was lame again. I wish they'd found something interesting for her to do. As for Lane and Zach, do not care. Haven't yet, and I've tried. Where's Bach?!

Lorelai playing up the Donna Reed-ish breakfast hour was amusing.

I'll let you know what I think of the magazine story next when something actually happens with it. Gawd, this show draaaags stuff out! Cut the diaboring***** and show us AngryEmily!

Dean, when was the last time Lorelai told you she dreams of traveling the globe? Puh-lease. That was a poor excuse to bring Jared back. Leave him to the wax. Speaking of...

Talking mannequins? Daniel, lay off the crack. Crack bad, editing good. Listen to your wife. Simple recipe for a good episode. It's a no brainer really. If you have more Taylor/anything than Lorelai/Luke you've got a recipe for disaster.

I enjoyed the butt pinching. Kudos.

I assume it only gets better from here. It has to.

Last edited by A. B. Normal; 04-19-2005 at 08:01 PM
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by * Kay *
That's an interesting way of looking at it! I didn't look at it like that before, thanks! I'm not as upset about it now.
Glad to have helped out!
Old 04-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Loyal Fan

What pissed me off tonight most was Luke. Since when doesn't he go town meetings. Remember 'Inns and outs of Inns'? Luke is never late for a town meeting. He was always there in the past. From then on, the ep pissed me off royaly. The museum stuff was so borring, I had to stop myself from changing the channel. The only decent points for me was Paris walking barefoot begging for change (Liza rocks); The breakfast scene with Lorelai, Kirk, Rory, and Paris; and the voice mail message on Logan's phone. Any mention of Finn cracks me up.

On the whole, I hated this ep with a firey passion burning deep in my soul.

"We’re gonna raise the level of public debate in this country, and let that be our legacy."

To The West Wing
Jewls13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Extreme Fan

i think the reason that taylor was town selectman again or in this episode was because "jackson"..jackson douglas was directing this episode.
loganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Filler pre-sweeps week episode. Though unlike "Gilmore Girls Gone Wild" ep that happened at this time last year wasn't particularly fun. Wasn't awful either. Just a throwaway episode to perhaps set things up for the real "action."

Few comments.

1) Sookie's kid lives. I thought she butchered the old one along with Jackson and buried them in her backyard the moment she got pregnant again. Or maybe Jackson is now buds with Papakim and hangs out with him in the woodshed?

2) They are getting hard pressed for "cultural references" when they are resorting to mentioning Summerland. Or maybe the WB marketing department has somehow gotten to ASP.

3) On the other hand I loved the reference to those old Maxell ads. Or (did they get it wrong and it was BASF?). Barely remember them from when I was young. But there was this guy sitting in a chair with Wagner turned up so high that the speaker blew wind on his face like he was on a rollercoaster.

4) "He's a twisted little perv if you ask me." Gypsy is a wise one.

5) Lorelai's Mommy Dearest complex has gotten pathological. Rather than growing she's regressing. Her parents weren't perfect. But she wasn't a golden child either. There are people out there who were REALLY abused by their parents rather than nagged into going to some socialite party they didnt feel like going to. Her parents are imperfect and do stupid things. No ones perfect. Perhaps she needs some serious friction with Rory again to make her realize what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot.

6) I didn't like Paris in this episode. She's filling a role which I absolutely hate. If Rory has a problem or something which can be construed as a character flaw, Paris has to have the same thing magnified to show how normal and rational Rory is.

Rory is fretting which is good. You don't need to couch it by having an amplified Paris to compare Rory to.

7) "Always amusing when provincials grasp for legitemacy." Hehe. Sometimes I wish they never made Rory and Paris friends and we got to see more of the fun mean season one Paris.

8) What happened to drunk Rory being fun Rory? Or was the punch not alchoholic and they were just acting that way.

9) "I want the house." Heh. Very tricky Luke. Bet he broke the floor on purpose. However he might actually want to try LIVING with Lorelai before buying a new home. There is a difference between having sleepovers and living together. He should take things one step at a time. Particularly since Lorelai doesnt necessarily want to move. Particularly to a house she doesnt own.

10) Hey Dean! Want some cheese with your whine? You should've taken that free punch at Luke just to give Luke an excuse. As far as his rant. He was correct that Lorelai is flighty. Luke should keep in mind what happened with Max. But that wasn't what he meant. He tried to draw a parallel between Rory constantly getting bored of him and Lorelai's behavior. And that's apples and oranges. Why doesnt he just move on and try to find another pretty young blonde to cheat on?

11) I liked Rory breaking down in the end. It's hard to root for someone when things come too easy. Rory will become a much more interesting character if she gets hurt and picks herself up. Though too much pining will get annoying. Conversely Logan completely changing would be annoying too. We'll have to see how they play it. It's good they are showing some tension and struggle.

On Rory's current state with Logan. Being a guy if I was to advice a girl what to do. I'd say wear something alluring but let him see but not touch. Be slow in giving him what he wants. And certainly don't give it all up until you've cemented down his commitment. A more updated version of "They won't buy the cow if they already get the milk." Rory tried the opposite strategy. She dresses like a pilgrim (okay, the Gogo Yubari thing at the party was good!) and puts out even before her first date.

She's going to have a bit of a tougher time getting him hooked. Particularly if she's willing to be his "friend" with "priveleges" aka his "booty call" without having him have to do a damn thing. And from the previews it looks like she's finally adressing that.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Ah, I actually liked it. I found some parts of it very funny.

Luke was OOC, but he was supposed to be that way. Everyone knew he was being out of character. He knew he was being out of character. I guess it didn't suprise me too much since I've read spoilers and knew the reason for him being so out of character the whole time.

Lane and Zach I could've done without, though. I don't know, that just bored me.

Luke and Lorelai in the diner was just great though! He was so happy for her, I loved it. THAT was a little OOC for Luke (and not intentional) but for some reason... it wasn't. If that makes sense.

Loved the previews for next week! That's the one I've been looking forward to all along anyway, lol.

Lewd behavior!
ABitStormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I think there are two versions of the show:

There's one called "Gilmore Girls" which focuses on Lorelai and Rory and the Gilmore clan, with some oddities thrown in for good measure.

Then, there's one called "Stars Hollow" which focuses on the town and the oddities, and where Lorelai and Rory are only bit players in this universe.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the show "Gilmore Girls"... because with its focus on relationships and emotions, it always makes me laugh, cry, and think. This is the show I want to see every week.

Sometimes, I enjoy the show "Stars Hollow". It can be amusing and refreshing (see the episode "Dead Uncles and Vegetables). But, most of the time, I'd rather not be watching this show (see the episode "Tippecanoe and Taylor Too"). Because between the two shows, I like "Gilmore Girls" MUCH better.

Tonight was an episode of "Stars Hollow". It's not the show I wanted to watch. It definitely had its moments (the Breakfast scene). But, this is not the show I was waiting for all this time.

Next week, I hope we get an episode of "Gilmore Girls".

Hannah

LUKE: You're an amazing woman.
LORELAI: Thank you for noticing.

Fanfiction Entries
gilmoregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Things I loved about tonight's ep:

1. Giddy/happy Luke. I completely agree with ameliee - Luke was just excited about Lorelai seeing the house that he's picturing them start a family in, and that leads to a little un-Luke-like stupid-grinning. I find it endearing and sweet that he's so in love and excited about his future with Lorelai, but hey, I'm a total JJ.
2. The breakfast scene. How adorable was Lorelai in super-mommy mode and Kirk with the cerealbox fort? I ate it up.
3. Drunk Paris. I'm sick of the whinning-about-non-committal-boys-thing she has with Rory, but seeing Paris running around the streets barefoot and blowing raspberries at people made it all worthwhile. (Give Liza more scenes, please!)

Things that I hated about tonight's ep:

1. Taylor at his worst. AS-P and company need to keep that annoying man to a minimum. The diorama voice-over kept going on and on and I wanted to stick sharp objects in my ears!
2. The creepy mannequins. Someone else said it best:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. B. Normal
Talking mannequins? Daniel, lay off the crack. Crack bad, editing good. Listen to your wife. Simple recipe for a good episode. It's a no brainer really. If you have more Taylor/anything than Lorelai/Luke you've got a recipe for disaster.
Word.
3. Bitter Dean. I know Amy loves Jared, but if she's going to keep him around, the girl needs to give him a different line. I'm sick of the bitter ex-boyfriend act and he didn't say anything to Luke that Luke didn't already know.

Overall, I give it 5/10.

Luke: "There's nothing like some good lovin' to shut a person up, if you know what I mean."

- Java-Junkie (ILY #157, WYMM #109, LL #80, Dirty JJ #12), Flannel Whore #22
choirgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread