Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

To Live and Let Diorama Discussion

I'm sure we're all excited about having new episodes again.

When Stars Hollow's oldest resident dies and leaves his house to the town, Luke has an ulterior motive for volunteering to help turn the house into a temporary museum. Dean is also working on the project, and offers Luke some unwelcome advice about the dangers of dating a Gilmore girl. To get publicity for the Dragonfly Inn, Lorelai does an interview with a travel magazine, but immediately regrets the unkind comments she makes about being raised by Emily. Meanwhile, Lane suspects that Zach is having a fling with music store owner Sophie, while Rory and Paris are both devastated by trouble with their respective boyfriends.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:47 PM
New Fan

can't wait

post anything rite after u hav seen the eppy tonite really cant wait ..... i'm willing to stay up tonite just to know what happened .....and wonder whether Logan appear in this eppy???
myer_784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

absolutely begging begging begging for anybody who can post a clip of the intro at the beginning (before the credits) and the part after it right when lorelai is talking to rory about old man twickham...my STUPID satellite machine blocked out and didn't even TAPE it, even though i timered it, then my mom got all mad at me for me getting mad at the machine..sooi'm desperate for clips!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! thanks!
Wentworth Miller: hottie with a body who's a smarty
fridayschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am so mad!! I turned on the WB and I see baseball. Apparently there is a home game and they used the WB to air it through. I am so upset!

Now I have to wait until Saturday to watch the new episode!!!

"There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!."
alexa2588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

That was easily my least favorite episode of this season so far. Almost everyone was annoying. Zach, Kirk, Luke, Paris.... I understand filler episodes, but this one wasn't even okay. I was just annoyed and bored most of the time.

The highlight of the episode for me was the promo.

I'll try to post more and be more positive later.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

I WANT LOGAN! The only thing missing in tonight's eppy was Logan! The previews were awesome, i love how he kind of gets mad!! I can't wait till next weeks eppy!!
SeAcReStOuT30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Roxy: I was bored too. This episode seemed to be a chance for ASP to put in a bunch of things she's always wanted to do for some reason:

Guy with a hook hand.
Spotlight joke in diorama on non-speaking kid.
Paris drunk and begging for change. (And um... btw, what happened to her? Talk about a loose string.)
Miss Patty's Punch.
Kirk engaging in a mannequin battle.

The only parts that were remotely acceptable were Logan's answering machine message, (Heh. Finn.) and the heartbreaking scene in the bathroom at the end. Oh Rory, have I ever been there.

That was it though. Wasting my time, mostly. They could've cut almost all of that episode, since only about six minutes of it had to do with advancing the plot. *Sigh.* Ah, well. Next week should be better.

At least I have Veronica.

Avie by Nahla

Last edited by Elaida; 04-19-2005 at 06:19 PM
Elaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay what was up with this eppie? I feel like I missed something. When did Taylor become the town selectman again? Plus I though everything was getting better with Logan and Rory. When did this whole thing happen. Am I the only one who is kinda confused?

Wilhelmina: You're not here to stitch, you're here to snitch!
Marc: She needs information, bitch!
Lorelai & Luke - Daniel & Betty - Ross & Rachel
Shrty1283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Crystal, exactly. It just felt pointless and disjointed. I'm sure a couple of the things will be used in another episode, but it didn't feel transitional. My favorite scene was the end. I really could've done with more Lorelai and Rory scenes.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaida
Roxy: I was bored too. This episode seemed to be a chance for ASP to put in a bunch of things she's always wanted to do for some reason:

Guy with a hook hand.
Spotlight joke in diorama on non-speaking kid.
Paris drunk and begging for change. (And um... btw, what happened to her? Talk about a loose string.)
Miss Patty's Punch.
Kirk engaging in a mannequin battle.

The only parts that were remotely acceptable were Logan's answering machine message, (Heh. Finn.) and the heartbreaking scene in the bathroom at the end. Oh Rory, have I ever been there.

That was it though. Wasting my time, mostly. They could've cut almost all of that episode, since only about six minutes of it had to do with advancing the plot. *Sigh.* Ah, well. Next week should be better.
Well the guy with a hook for a hand is nothing new - that's Kyle, Dean's old (current?) roommate. We've seen him and his hook once or twice before.

I agree with your last point though - other than Luke's intentions for Twickham house, Lorelai's interview, and Logan's absence, none of the episode really mattered.

The Good:
- Luke. Loved him in this episode! Putting up with Taylor and all his inane ideas so that he could "stay close" to Twickham house because he's thinking about a future for himself and Lorelai? Plus all his enthusiasm for Lorelai and her interview? Adorable. "The lady of the hour!" I loved it.
- Rory and Lorelai's last scene. Heartbreaking. Alexis was perfect. She's really grown, acting-wise.
- Lorelai's interview at the Inn was pretty good. Shows potential for future storylines. But what was with that necklace? Really didn't like her outifit in that scene.

The Bad:
- Lane, Sophie, and Zach. Ack! The storyline was complete filler with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I cringed at every scene.
- Dean and Luke's talk. Man was that childish. What was the point? Was Amy really that desperate to give Jared a little more screen time? It was stupid and pointless - Dean is last year's news.
- Kirk. Overkill. He's not 5. We know he has his quirks but the pouting and the running into things was a little much. Plus all the town meeting stuff. It was just too much.

The In-Between
- All the museum stuff. It was ok, I wasn't completely bored with it but it was definitely a LOT of filler, so they'd better make up for it with the remaining 4 episodes!
- Rory, Paris, and Lane drowning their sorrows in Miss Patty's punch. Funny, but it's been done IMO. I think I've had enough of the prevading "girl-can't-function-without-boy" scenario.

Was it just me or was there a LOT of really loud music in this episode?
i shall be queen i put it on my cheeks

Last edited by ameliee; 04-19-2005 at 06:36 PM
ameliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Loyal Fan

i havnt seen tha eppy! and i prob wont! *crys* can anyone send it to me??
soooo desperate! lol living in australia has its downsides ^_^
email= corrs_charmed_rock@hotmail.com
Old 04-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyBlueGirl7
That was easily my least favorite episode of this season so far. Almost everyone was annoying. Zach, Kirk, Luke, Paris.... I understand filler episodes, but this one wasn't even okay. I was just annoyed and bored most of the time.
I wanted to like this episode alot, but by the end it wasn't doing anything for me at all. Especially Dean...can we please move on from him? The continued demonization of his character isn't doing anything for Jared's career except pigeonholing him into the 'jealous sand-kicking ex-boyfriend' template and rooting for his character to be the first dead in House of Wax.

The boy troubles, it's been done, along with death of a town citizen. This time Paris and Rory drunk wasn't well done, at all. I hate having to feel pity for Paris at all, and what they're doing to her character by making her needy and turning her parents into tax cheats isn't doing much for her characterization at all. Liza does everything well and was a trouper tonight, but I want to wring the necks of the writers for what they've done with Paris this year. She is the Anti-Rory; if I want another Rory, I'll look to the original.

Sophie bugs me because of her exaggerated accent, and I didn't like her tonight. Pretty much the only highlight was Taylor's exaggerated diorama narration, and that's something that appeals to a very small audience of sarcasm lovers.

I pretty much tuned out through Lorelai and her magazine drama; wasn't needed and writers know much better than to broach personal lives than that.

4/10 for the episode tonight; one point was lost because of the bad Summerland plugs alone (Nothing but hate for that airhead show). Keep network/show promotion and program content seperate please WB. Only Mark Cherry and Arrested Development should be allowed to do that.
| My Fic | Longing... FF.net Realm of the Shadow | Other FF.net Stories
Nate the Lizaphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:52 PM
New Fan

The only good thing about this episode was Luke. I though he and Lorelai were completly adorable, and i loved the way he wanted to go to the town meeting and the hug in the diner. I also liked the end scene it was really sweet and Lorelai and Rory really acted like they use to pre-dean and college. This episode was really lacking though. I found myself almost bored and it really anoyed me. I hope the next four weeks are better cause i will really be pissed if they are not.
YoungActress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

The highlight of the episode for me was the promo.
I must agree.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Addicted Fan

This Episode was rather dull although there were some great moments. Like when Lorelai kept pinching Luke's butt. The whole "fresh Summerland" joke, My kudos to D.P. on that. Luke and Taylor's final talk. The scene at Lorelai's the morning they go to see the museum with Lorelai, Rory, Paris, and Kirk classic.

The Bad almost everything else.
icon credit to Cristolfe
charminggirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top