Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

It's Just Like Riding a Bike - Discussion

Lorelai goes to Luke's diner, but they find that they are uncomfortable together; when law schools and medical schools accept Paris, she decides to break up with Doyle; Rory gets a surprising letter.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm waitting...

ILY#72 ~ PDA#22 ~ WYMM#27
Keeper of "The wimpy with a rose pinned sandwich" "Emily´s predictions(DUAV)"
Lorelai & Luke, Lois & Clark², Joey & Dawson, Isabel & Alex
wicked_rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Could I marry this episode? A-maazz-ing. (Can't believe I just said that.)
LL bickering again? They're baaaack!

ETA: Give Paris Gellar her own show!

ETA2: Oh yes, and kudos to DR for remembering Jackson's crazy pajama's with the pictures on them.

Last edited by Lolabelle26; 04-24-2007 at 06:09 PM
Lolabelle26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This show is coming back to what I used to love. I thought it was another excellent episode. So much great stuff in it.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

can someone tell me what happened in the last scene with luke going to lorelai house?? my satelite went out due to rain..

and possibly next weeks preview?
LionFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:16 PM
Total Fan

The last scene Luke came to tell Lorelai that Zach found him a listing on Craigslist for the same type of car Lorelai has and that he basically checked it out, took it for a test drive, bargained the guy's price down and that if she wanted s he could take it to Gypsy and Gypsy could put the engine from that car into her old car and that he didn't undrestand why she'd want to do that when she could just spend the money on a new car. Then he told her the if she rides her bike past his diner to take stop by and he'll put air in her tire to which she and him bickered about the bicycle....it was just a cute scene.

anyways, I have to say I loved the episode.

I also love Paris but my one concern is if Paris goes off to do her thing where does that leave her for the 8th season?

And I loved that Jackson was wearing his old pajamas....and I loved Michel as always.

I also kind of got really excited about the previews next week even though I already know all the spoilers. Lorelai's face to Logan was like "oh **** my daughter could get married before me!" lol
Gilmoregirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Music

Luke came over and told Lorelai that he found a used Wrangler that could be used for parts in her old Wrangler and basically she was paying the same price to fix her old car as she would to buy and new one.

Doyle decided that him and Paris weren't broken up and Rory finally got her letter for the fellowship and it said she didn't get it.

The previews were basically Rory telling Lorelai that she didn't get the fellowship and then it showed Logan sitting with Lorelai and saying "I'm asking for your permission..."

NEwayz, I'm absolutely in LOVE with this episode, L and L are back on!!
d o w n bad
jess + tmblr | icon
fictitious ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
The last scene Luke came to tell Lorelai that Zach found him a listing on Craigslist for the same type of car Lorelai has and that he basically checked it out, took it for a test drive, bargained the guy's price down and that if she wanted s he could take it to Gypsy and Gypsy could put the engine from that car into her old car and that he didn't undrestand why she'd want to do that when she could just spend the money on a new car. Then he told her the if she rides her bike past his diner to take stop by and he'll put air in her tire to which she and him bickered about the bicycle....it was just a cute scene.

anyways, I have to say I loved the episode.

I also love Paris but my one concern is if Paris goes off to do her thing where does that leave her for the 8th season?

And I loved that Jackson was wearing his old pajamas....and I loved Michel as always.

I also kind of got really excited about the previews next week even though I already know all the spoilers. Lorelai's face to Logan was like "oh **** my daughter could get married before me!" lol
thank you so much for recapping for me!!

hopefully my satellite will be back on to watch it later on.
LionFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

I loved this episode! It finally felt like old times! I didn't like the L/L apology last week but this episode really felt like true Luke & Lorelai. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time.

Whoever said that Paris should have her own show, I have to agree with you after tonight. She's really made her way into my heart. I think it might be interesting to see more of her character, if the script is done right.

I was mad at Jackson for runing the doll house, but my anger didn't last long. He's such a loveable character!

Next week looks decent too. After tonight's discussion about love and careers, I get the impression Rory is starting to have doubts about her own future with Logan and how they can make things work. Though next week's episode brings an intersting twist in the storyline!
UnaVitaSegreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaVitaSegreta (View Post)
Though next week's episode brings an intersting twist in the storyline!
Yeah it will!!

I'm still jumping around over the whole Luke and Lorelai spat, they're like the old times...SO CUTE!!
d o w n bad
jess + tmblr | icon
Old 04-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer_the_pepperoni (View Post)
I'm still jumping around over the whole Luke and Lorelai spat, they're like the old times...SO CUTE!!
I think this is the first time all season that the show felt like it used to when ASP was in charge. Why couldn't it have been like this earlier?
UnaVitaSegreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Supreme Fan

I agree with everyone's love of this episode! Definitely was a good one!

Of course I'm so happy that LL are back on track. Luke is still the great guy willing to help Lorelai out. Seeing them fight was great.

Paris was awesome in this episode. I really enjoyed what happened with her and how it shed some light onto Rory's job and boyfriend situation too.

Nice seeing Sookie and Jackson some more...and Jackson in those pajamas!

There's so much I can fake
There's only so much that I can prove
avi by open_distance
UltimateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaVitaSegreta (View Post)
I think this is the first time all season that the show felt like it used to when ASP was in charge. Why couldn't it have been like this earlier?
I Know!
d o w n bad
jess + tmblr | icon
Old 04-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I just loved loved loved this episodes. Definatley in my top ten GG episodes ever list!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Loved the episode! (as always) It was so bitter sweet!

I loved the LL interaction and how they went back to the relationship they had before they officially got together.

Doyle and Paris were freaking hilarious even though they were fighting!! I Loved Doyles little speach at the end about how he will go where ever Paris goes.

I wanted to cry for Rory at the end I seriously thought she was going to get it!!! Stupid new york times!!!!!

thats it for now, more later
Reply   Post New Thread