Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

A House Is Not a Home Discussion

Rescuing Rory after a night of reckless behavior with Logan, Lorelai is shocked to hear her daughter's plans for the future. Lorelai first turns to Richard and Emily for help, but soon realizes that Luke is the only person she can trust.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay, that opening scene, because of Finn and Colin, became tinged with hilarity. Finn!Colin! Finally, Finn meets Lorelai. Woot!

Back to seriousness.

Avie by Nahla
Elaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Passionate Fan

"Rory stole a yacht...how was your night?" and "But what about the kids?"

my favorite lines...omg luke was soo cute.
laurengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Extreme Fan

That was amazing.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

My mother talked through the last ten minutes of the episode. Can someone please tell me what happened?
Payton Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

After Rory went crying to Richard, Richard and Emily decided to let Rory live with them when she leaves Yale. Lorelai, who they had just told they were going to back up, is understandably angry and leaves. She goes to Yale and see Rory packing her things.

She goes to the diner and tells Luke about everything. He goes on a huge rant about how they can't let Rory throw away her future and Lorelai just says, "Will you marry me?" To which he in total shock says, "What?"

End of season.

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Cruel Irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

omg..love love looooooved the opening scene with finn, colin and lorelai. especially when finn hit on her and him and colin bowed down to rory. i'm surprised finn even remember rory! it's weird seeing logan all protective and beady eyed for rory ..lol did you notice that, during the 'what did my father say' scene, it was all wide eyes...
i've seen rory cry before, and that was the worst cry of hers. she's done way better, in the past, even in 'the incredible shrinking lorelai's' i think it was. anyways, good finale, can't wait til next season, although i can wait because i wouldn't be able to concentrate on school with all these shows being on.
Wentworth Miller: hottie with a body who's a smarty
fridayschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Loyal Fan

alrighty I'm so freaking mad!!! I wanna know what the heck happens!!!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 06:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm totally floored and yet totally through the roof at the same time. That was awesome!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 06:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

"what about the kids?"

was the second best line compared to those two final lines

<3333 amazing episode.. i cant wait until next season!
LobstersForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm going to rant now, because Rory needs a serious reality check.

I've had my gripes with Rory this season, but I've never been as frustrated with her as I am now. First of all, this whole Mitchum telling her she doesn't have "it" thing, was a test of character. Rory's dreamed about being a journalist practically her whole life, it's what she's always wanted, it's what she's been building towards. One guy, granted, a big name guy, but still, one person, out of the fifty million who have told her she's amazing and can do anything, tells her she doesn't have "it", and she freaks out, steals a yacht, and drops out of Yale. Now, I get that Mitchum's a pretty important guy in the field she's interested in, but, that doesn't mean ****. You could be the best doctor in the world, and someone would still think you sucked. There will always be people who stomp on your dreams and tell you you're not cut out for something, but you don't have to listen to them. Rory should have asked him how she could better herself, how she could improve. Or, if not that, she should have walked out of there, quit the internship, and cooled down for a little bit to think about what she wanted to do. One person should not have had that effect on her. But, then again, Rory's always been like this, and this is what bothers me - she's not used to people thinking she's not perfect. For example, back in Chilton, when she was told that she probably needed to drop a class. Ok, so, it sucks, but you deal with it. So ****ing what? You don't go have a nervous breakdown in the arms of your ex boyfriend and act like your life is over. You ****ing deal with it. Same thing here. Mitchum didn't think she had the stuff to be a journalist, so she freaks out, steals a yacht, gets arrested, then mopes and doesn't even try to take her final, makes a hasty decision and drops out of Yale, then goes crying to her grandparents when she realized what a dumbass move she made. And, no, I feel no sympathy for her, because she's an idiot. The only thing I feel bad for her about is the whole Huntzbergers thinking she's not good enough for Logan thing. That sucks.

Speaking of which, I hate hate hate the fact that everyone thinks Logan/the Huntzbergers are to blame for Rory's decisions. I'm sorry, last time I checked, Rory was an adult who was capable of making choices on her own. It was her idea to steal the boat, her idea to drop out of Yale. And, no, Lorelai, it's not Mitchum's fault that Rory did those things. It's her fault for not being able to accept criticism like an adult and move on. It's her fault for acting like a dramaqueen just because someone doesn't think she's capable of being a journalist.

</rant>

--------------
Onto the things that didn't bug me in this episode. Loved the band stuff, loved Mrs. Kim to the rescue. I laughed so hard when Mrs. Kim threw open the door and stood there. Hilarious. Loved "she just took ten years off my life", the Wizard of Oz joke, Mrs. Kim wanting to check out the engine, and the ambiguously gay band member using Woolite on his shirt.

The bikers subplot was stupid. Although, the biker feeling up the other biker's ass in the Dragonfly made me laugh. So did the look on Michel's face when he passed by them.

"What about the kids?" As cute as that was, I'm pissed that we didn't get to see any sort of discussion beyond that between L/L.

Ok, now, here's where I'm torn. I understand that Lorelai feels betrayed by her parents, but, at the same time, I totally get why they came to the decision they did. There really were no other options. If Rory doesn't want to go back to Yale, then they can't force her to. They should have talked it over with Lorelai before they made their decision, but, I agree that there probably aren't any other reasonable solutions. Luke was cute with all of his ideas, though.

That poolhouse scene was killer. The song's beautiful, but the singer? I'm probably the only one, but, the way she sang "I Think it's Gonna Rain Today" made me laugh. Her voice was just so weird and childlike. Powerful scene, though.

And, of course, the proposal. I was spoiled, but, wow. The look on Lorelai's face as she listened to Luke rant about how to help Rory was so telling. Everything she was feeling was written on her face. LG is amazing. I was thisclose to the tv right before Lorelai proposed, and even though I was spoiled and saw screencaps and everything, it was still beautiful. Although it's not exactly the kind of proposal I'd hoped for L/L, it was still wonderful.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:33 PM
New Fan

That was such a great episode. I hate that we have to wait for four months. I started freaking out after Luke said that about the kids. I then started screaming when he told Taylor he didn't want the house anymore just because Lorelai was thinking about taking that job. Then Lorelai asked him to marry her. I could see it in her face! I was so excited and screaming!!! Absolutely loved this episode. Will not make it through the summer.
luke&lorelai4ev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyirishstar
alrighty I'm so freaking mad!!! I wanna know what the heck happens!!!!!
me too!
LORELAI: Yeah. I remember one time when I was a kid, Dad had put on some weight, and he bought a new suit to try to cover it up. And he wore it for us and he said, 'How do I look?' and I said, 'You look fat.'...
Lore2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Loyal Fan

My VCR spazzed and I only got about 20 minutes of the ep tonight! Right up until Lorelai told R/E about Rory dropping out. I've been spoiled enough that I know sort of what happens but what a bummer to not see Lorelai propose. :-/
Old 05-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Extreme Fan

That was the BEST episode this season. it was pure perfection. It had the perfect mix or saddness and growing up. Lauren Graham had some of the best preformences this season. In Wedding Bell Blues, Say SOmething and in A House is not a home. It was all amazing! That last look before she proposed could of broke anyones heart. It was so honest and sincere and you could tell how much she loved him. I can't wait till next season!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top