Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2016, 10:05 PM
New Fan

The ending to 'fall' left me pretty stressed for a while! Haha. I've warmed a little to it though actually. Anyway, yesterday, I was randomly listening to one of my fave Joni Mitchell songs "The Circle Game' and I am now CONVINCED that ASP based AYITL on this song!

Lyrics:

'Yesterday a child came out to wonder
Caught a dragonfly inside a jar
Fearful when the sky was full of thunder
And tearful at the falling of a star

Then the child moved ten times round the seasons
Skated over ten clear frozen streams
Words like when you're older must appease him
And promises of someday make his dreams

And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return we can only look
Behind from where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game *

Sixteen springs and sixteen summers gone now
Cartwheels turn to car wheels thru the town
And they tell him take your time it won't be long now
Till you drag your feet to slow the circles down

In the circle game

So the years spin by and now the boy is twenty
Though his dreams have lost some grandeur coming true
There'll be new dreams maybe better dreams and plenty
Before the last revolving year is through

In the circle game'

Rory is the child who lived in a small town where everyone promoised her she would 'someday make her dreams'. Now she's older and her 'dreams have lost some grandeur coming true'. There is hope though that 'ther'll be new dreams, maybe better dreams and plenty'

It TOTALLY fits in and is actually pretty beautiful! Fits is with the seasons theme of AYITL too.

CONVINCED!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Rory 'can't return' to her youth, she can 'only look behind from where she came'. It is so symbolic and makes me think of when Rory tells Lorelai that she just wants to 'remember it all, every detail'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9VoLCO-d6U

Last edited by Talula78; 12-01-2016 at 11:44 PM Reason: double
Rory Gilmore-Mariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When Lauren Graham went on On Air With Ryan Seacrest, she revealed they actually filmed “several reactions” to Lorelai hearing the news.

Although Graham hasn’t seen the reaction used, from what she’s heard, she says, “The reaction I gave I would say a 50-50 mix of surprise and total joy.” As for what Graham thought of the final four words, she said she was shocked before accepting the cliffhanger aspect: “I love the idea that even if you’re frustrated, your imagination can take over,” she said.
(x)
Melissa | icon; Kita
just stand still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

All I can say is thank god we didn't get those last 4 words at the end of S7, would have been all kinds of wrong as she was just setting out into the real world. But now it kinda makes sense and it would mark the next chapter of her life.

I just hope this means more specials, maybe a movie or another batch of episodes on Netflix?
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
All I can say is thank god we didn't get those last 4 words at the end of S7, would have been all kinds of wrong as she was just setting out into the real world. But now it kinda makes sense and it would mark the next chapter of her life.
I don't know. Maybe if ASP had been able to finish her story. I mean, she broke up L/L at the end of s6, but she always meant to have them end up together. I am curious how she would have done that.

Interesting to hear Lauren filmed several reactions.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
pinkpaisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

I guess it also stops her from spoiling anything accidentally
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-01-2016, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
i still don't think it was logan who needed to say something. He's the one who proposed to rory in the past and she turned him down. It's clear that logan wanted any part of rory he could still have which was friends with benefits. Rory needed to make her voice heard if she wanted something more. Logan put himself out there already, he wouldn't want to go through that pain/disappointment again.
ita

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:49 AM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I still don't think it was Logan who needed to say something. He's the one who proposed to Rory in the past and she turned him down. It's clear that Logan wanted any part of Rory he could still have which was friends with benefits. Rory needed to make her voice heard if she wanted something more. Logan put himself out there already, he wouldn't want to go through that pain/disappointment again.
... and then people say "if Jess still has feelings for Rory, why didn't he say something to her about it?"

It goes both ways, people!

(I'm of course not talking specifically about you, just comments around these forums)

Quote:
Although Graham hasn’t seen the reaction used, from what she’s heard, she says, “The reaction I gave I would say a 50-50 mix of surprise and total joy."
Oh no, there wasn't even an ounce of joy in there.

I can only describe the reaction that was eventually used as "horrified".
hso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Horrified/shocked etc... I saw no joy either, no small smile or anything

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

I'd definitely say 75% shock, 25% horror/slight disappointment.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I was in shock and then I wanted to cry so many emotions I was not mad just I don't know how to describe it.

It still has to sink in but then it was the journey about 3 woman dealing with a lose.

I think grief can have massive effect on a person. So maybe Rory world stopped reading and writing from her heart when her Grandfather died. He basically became the only father figure to her in a way that was her blood.

So maybe she was doing fine seeing the world writing traveling learning all she could to before a great reporter and then bam her world comes crashing down. She is worried about her Grandmother and her Mom, but she knows her Mom has Luke.

Grief makes one look at life in a different way. Maybe she wanted more for her life because that is what her Grandfather wanted. she felt she failed she had writers block she thought she would be a great writer if she could grab the best interview the best storyline.

Instead she was used abused and told once again you are damaged goods.

So I think Rory was looking at her life and seeing everyone having it all. Paris had a great career and kids even if her marriage was on the rocks her career was great. Lane had her Zach and her kids and were rocking out. Even Dean got it together and married a great girl and had 3 kids and one on the way.

So I feel that Rory was drinking maybe to pay tribute to her Grandfather or maybe to hide her pain of her family lose.

I think writing the book was cathartic for her to feel like she was doing something to make a difference and to preserve her Grandfather's memory.

Yes Rory was all over the place but I feel deep down the book worm strange girl we all had grown to love was there. The reader at one point must become the writer like what happened to Jess. He eventually wrote his story.

So Rory was for the first time writing from her heart and exposing her soul. It was no longer someone else's worlds or expectations it was all for herself.

That is why the paper was not going to help her. They wanted the Poem they wanted things the town was use to. Rory had to go and writer her own stuff eventually.

No one told her this time how to do it or jump how high and I will give you want you want. She had to do it on her own. Scary and strange but in the end her book will be worth it.

Rory had to write her book to feel alive and become a new person both physically and mentally.

Alexis did an amazing job showing these layers especially in Fall and in the last scene of the series.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Yes Rory was all over the place but I feel deep down the book worm strange girl we all had grown to love was there. The reader at one point must become the writer like what happened to Jess. He eventually wrote his story.
Agreed.

I actually did like the ending. It was a shock - but i don't really like things to be too predictable.

It also made a lot of sense parrelelling Lorelai's life with Rory (with Logan being her Christopher - tho to be fair to Logan i think he's a lot more likable than Chris).

Plus it leaves a lot of things open. There's no reason Rory necessarily has to keep the baby either. Rory doesnt have to choose the same route as her mother.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I think the revival was all about New life.

Emily got a new life after Richard died.

Loralie got a new life and married Luke.

Rory is going to have a new life with the baby.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^Brilliant. Couldn't have said it better myself!

And I didn't see disappointment in Lorelai's reaction at all, I just saw surprise.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Rory is going to have a new life with the baby.
If she has the baby that is.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-02-2016, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

She'll have the baby, I have no doubt.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread