Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2016, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Love the gifs in the OP! Just staring at them turns me into a blubbering mess all over again!

Seriously, am I the only person on here who loved the last four words? I'll just be over here in my happy little Stars Hollow bubble, hopefully someone will want to join me?
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

haha what made you love it so much Jen?

Thanks for the articles, posted on the previous pages! Good reads!

Despite all, it is fun to see Rory/Jess and Rory/Logan fans more friendly/on the same page?! At least ASP made that happen

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the 4 seasons but I think it would have kinda been nice to have the revival cover the full 2016 calendar year, starting Jan 1st and ending Dec 31st with the wedding, in the snow JMHO
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:11 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Rory was mess and I resented that more than anything they did with RL. The only stain on RL imo was the cheating. I wish they hadn't written it that way, but its hard for me to care bout two characters i know little to nothing about.
It's not about these two characters you hardly know, it's about the two character you do know and can't believe the way they're acting. Not that it's a surprise, they've both acted that way on different occasions, but seeing them cheating with one another was both very disappointing as we saw these two character so morally derailed, and was also a disappointment to their shippers, I'm sure - while they were probably happy seeing them together, their relationship was pretty much tainted with the infidelities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
That was the real tragedy. They didn't need to add a pregnancy.
The pregnancy plan was there long before there was a Logan. He just fit right into his destined role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)
Despite all, it is fun to see Rory/Jess and Rory/Logan fans more friendly/on the same page?! At least ASP made that happen
Lol perhaps it was her plan all along! To make each tolerable in the eyes of the the other's fans and then disappoint everyone so we could all cry together.
hso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
The pregnancy plan was there long before there was a Logan. He just fit right into his destined role.
Still doesn't make it necessary.
Melissa | icon; Kita
just stand still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:30 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Still doesn't make it necessary.
Sure it doesn't, it was an awful ending. It still happened, though.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

I'm just saying the real tragedy is Rory/Logan not being able to make it work even though it's so obvious that they want to be together. This coming from someone who never cared who Rory ended up with.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-30-2016, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm just saying the real tragedy is Rory/Logan not being able to make it work even though it's so obvious that they want to be together. This coming from someone who never cared who Rory ended up with.
That's the word that comes to mind when I think about the whole thing
Old 11-30-2016, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
That's the word that comes to mind when I think about the whole thing
I don't think the pregnancy adds or takes away from that tragedy.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I am finally done with this revival. I don't regret taking awhile it's best to savor it. I loved the lbd scenes it had a magical element and the Rory/logan goodbye was bittersweet
I like rory and christopher conversation and Emily moments. I'll miss the Gilmore house but it's good for her character development.

Loved the LL wedding
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't think the pregnancy adds or takes away from that tragedy.
Well I am not sure. It all depends how they treat the pregnancy you know?
Old 11-30-2016, 04:00 PM
New Fan

LOVED it !

am i the only one who absolutely loved the revival, including the last four words??!!

(i'll admit could have done without the musical - felt like i was watching family guy with such a long drawn out bit...should have just cut to the ballad sutton foster sang since that was what really affected lorelai - "i am not unbreakable" - but i digress!!)

i though the pregnancy "twist" that ASP had planned all these years was completely unexpected by fans and yet completely obvious in retrospect.

i read a lot about it not being in line with rory's character, that she was much more level-headed and responsible than her mother. but then again, she didn't get pregnant at 16. she did achieve her dream of going to - maybe not harvard - but yale and becoming a journalist. and as a thirty-something myself, i find it TOTALLY believable that once she got out into the field, maybe her dream was not all that she imagined and her dreams changed. maybe she didn't want to be christiane amanpour (sp?) anymore. how many of us want to be the same thing we wanted to be at 15 years as at 32?

on another note, i think that she was a bit ill-prepared for the real world. he mother, grandparents, and the entire town of stars hollow kissed the ground she walked on (i always hated how luke had something against dean when it was rory who broke his heart, not once but twice. many of us graduate top of our class, go to a fancy school, etc. and then get out into the real world and realize we are not so special afterall.

i think ASP did a good job of showing her "daddy issues" throughout the show and into the revival. you don't have a dad who pops n every so often and arrive at 32 unscathed. she hated that feeling of abandonment. when jess abandoned her she knew she couldn't trust him again. i think it makes sense that she goes back to the comfort she found in dean years ago, and then in the revival, the comfort of her relationship with logan, disfunctional and wrong as it may be. i WAS surprised that the cheating didn't seem to bother her, but who knows how and when it started. maybe when they first started up again, there wasn't another girl in logan's life, and as the other woman became the MAIN woman, she convinced herself it was ok... don't know.

but i LOVE the parallel of the basically sweet, but incredibly self-centered and immature baby daddy (christopher and logan). we see jess look in the window at rory and see CLEARLY he still loves her. even though he didn't get as much screeen time as logan, his role was more pivotal. he gave her the idea for her book, her new dream. aside: she was ill-prepared for the sandysays website interview because she didn't care about it - that wasn't her dream. jess has always gotten her and still is there, even though they haven't seen each other in years, to support and inspire her.

once we find out she's pregnant we know that jess in endgame. it will be the same as lorelai. logan is her christopher and jess will be her "luke". though jess started out an abandoned kid himself and a punk, he has clearly grown up into a stable caring if gruff male (sounds a lot like luke, huh???) i've always been team jess so i was pretty happy with that ending!

the parallels are clear but what rory has that lorelai did not is a totally supportive mother whom she can rely on. i think each generation hopefully gives something a little better to the next. maybe rory will let jess in earlier, maybe her daughter will get married before getting pregnant, something will change with the next generation, but i think ASP is right in asserting that it's hard to escape our upbringing.

also, i've read some feminist rants about how rory would never forsake her dreams for a kid, but who says she can't write a book and have a kid? and i think a throughline of the show was that even though lorelai had to give up many of her own dreams and wanted better for rory, her "mistake" ended up being the best thing in her life. why couldn't the same thing happen with rory?

whoa!!! is that enough rambling for one night. in summation, kudos ASP. i dug the whole thing!
likeTV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:00 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I was never a R/L shipper but even I can say Rory didn't actually show any thought progress or gave an actual reason to why she was breaking it off. Again, I think that if Logan was willing to break off his engagement, he would make sure Rory knew, and if Rory really wanted him to break it off, she would have said something. I don't think it was a matter of "no one saying anything about it". I think they loved each other but perhaps Rory knew deep down this life wasn't going to work for her in the long run and she didn't want to disrupt Logan's life when she wasn't sure if she wanted a future with him. I don't know. I think it was handled poorly, but I don't think a lack of specific request is the reason they eventually broke things off/
Old 11-30-2016, 05:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Gilmore Girls: Lauren Graham filmed multiple reactions to the final four words | EW.com
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
I was never a R/L shipper but even I can say Rory didn't actually show any thought progress or gave an actual reason to why she was breaking it off. Again, I think that if Logan was willing to break off his engagement, he would make sure Rory knew, and if Rory really wanted him to break it off, she would have said something. I don't think it was a matter of "no one saying anything about it". I think they loved each other but perhaps Rory knew deep down this life wasn't going to work for her in the long run and she didn't want to disrupt Logan's life when she wasn't sure if she wanted a future with him. I don't know. I think it was handled poorly, but I don't think a lack of specific request is the reason they eventually broke things off/
I still don't think it was Logan who needed to say something. He's the one who proposed to Rory in the past and she turned him down. It's clear that Logan wanted any part of Rory he could still have which was friends with benefits. Rory needed to make her voice heard if she wanted something more. Logan put himself out there already, he wouldn't want to go through that pain/disappointment again.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Reply   Post New Thread