Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Gilmore Girls Only Episode Discussion

Quote:
Lorelai, Rory and Emily take a road trip to North Carolina to attend a wedding; Lane goes into labor.
Look, this time I managed to start the thread before the episode aired instead of waiting 24+ hours later. Go me.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Hee, thanks for the thread, Jenna.

Anyone else think it was beyond weird to have Mia in an episode? I mean, I kept thinking "Who is tha- oh yeah, Mia. Well, not her, the actress, but someone meant to look like her, even though she's a fictional character..." Eh, just me. I get it.
Okay, and so I'm having a brain freeze and can't think of the proper word right now, but I was going to comment that it was _____ that things from season 2 were being cleared up now.

Also, I thought Mia lived in Santa Barbra, but she obviously moved.
And, I noticed that The Lake House was also referenced this season, in episode 2, where Liz and TJ mention being on the same page, and Sanra Bullock and Keanu Reeves movies. Just noticed those.

ETA: Overall, I think it had some good ideas, it just could have been exocuted a bit better I think.
Lolabelle26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Total Fan

I liked tonights episode.

So happy Rory stood up to logan.

Best lines of the night:

Logan: "aww you didn't have to bring me cake!"
Rory: "I didn't!"

Emily: "ever since I got that DWI!"

I liked how they referenced back to when Mia saw Emily at the Inn when she came to visit and asked Emily for pictures. It's nice when the show does that.

I loved the ending. Very nice scene.
Gilmoregirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

The Logan/Rory cake line was funny

I didnt like Rory in this episode. I dont know, but she is always actling like shes doing everything better. I hope Logan is really gonna make it out of his work problem. Rory had problems too and Logan was helping her a lot.

And I loved Zach and Luke together. I think its sweet they asked Luke to be the godfather. He deserves it. Okay, he didnt want to first, but i think hes happy about it. I cant wait to see him with the babys
Katie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie19 (View Post)
The Logan/Rory cake line was funny

It definetely WAS !
And I loved Lorelai's comment on the foliage "Yeah, we get that a lot. It practically grows on the trees." *LOL*

Well, this was not a filler at all, the Luke / Zach moment in the end was flattering and the sorority of the three Gilmore girls generations watching The Pursuit of Happyness was just the cutest picture ever.
I just really hope Rory won't really leave the state, I am sure she'll stay in New England.

Beautiful episode with another one of those awkward moments between Lorelai and her mom where neither of them knows what to say and yet all that needs to be said is said.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

I was glad that Rory stood up to Logan. I hated that he showed up at the wedding. I hate that Rory always has to give into him.

All the Lorelai/Emily scenes were sad. Especially at the wedding. You don't really see the soft hurting side of Emily very often. You really got to see the pain it caused her when Lorelai left.

That Emily/Mia scene was sweet!

I really liked the Zach/Luke scenes. I'm glad he's the Godfather. And Rory is the Godmother.

Now we have to wait for the hiatus to be over.

brittany & santana
ErinlovestheOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolabelle26 (View Post)
Hee, thanks for the thread, Jenna.

Anyone else think it was beyond weird to have Mia in an episode? I mean, I kept thinking "Who is tha- oh yeah, Mia. Well, not her, the actress, but someone meant to look like her, even though she's a fictional character..." Eh, just me. I get it.
Okay, and so I'm having a brain freeze and can't think of the proper word right now, but I was going to comment that it was _____ that things from season 2 were being cleared up now.

Also, I thought Mia lived in Santa Barbra, but she obviously moved.
And, I noticed that The Lake House was also referenced this season, in episode 2, where Liz and TJ mention being on the same page, and Sanra Bullock and Keanu Reeves movies. Just noticed those.

ETA: Overall, I think it had some good ideas, it just could have been exocuted a bit better I think.
I love how they mention the Lake House because in the Lake House - they end up together. All the guy has do do is wait.
JustStandStillx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:51 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
I liked tonights episode.

So happy Rory stood up to logan.

Best lines of the night:

Logan: "aww you didn't have to bring me cake!"
Rory: "I didn't!"

Emily: "ever since I got that DWI!"

I liked how they referenced back to when Mia saw Emily at the Inn when she came to visit and asked Emily for pictures. It's nice when the show does that.

I loved the ending. Very nice scene.
ever since i almost got the dwi!

Oh and the foliage thing..haha that was good.
NO NO
(sorry my thoughts are as sporadic as Lorelai's sometimes)
Whenever she was reading that poem, and she said "battery-powered" she turned and made some face - it was SOO funny!
JustStandStillx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

You can edit your post instead of double posting if you forgot to say something. Just click on "edit message" and it will let you add to your previous post.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow...only 8 posts. So weird that there's not more being said about this episode considering it's the last one before hiatus.

Anyways, it's weird that things from the past 6 years are just not being wrapped up. Kinda random, but whatever. I guess it's good to get closure on some of the storylines/points.

The episode was cute for the most part. We learned more about Zack. We saw the softer side of Luke. The road trip was awesome. lol. It was weird to see someone else as Mia even though we've only ever seen her once or twice.

I don't want to offend the Christopher fans here, but honestly, I feel like the stories have gotten better and so has the writing since Christopher left. Things just have a better feel to them on the show. The writing/acting doesn't seem as forced anymore.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Why is it only few people are posting on the ep threads anymore?

This was one of the best eps of the season - if not the best. I loved Emily and I love Kelly Bishop and the way she portrays her character. I think I could see some tears glistening in her eyes every now and then.

Of course my expectation were still too high and I would've loved an actual talk in the end, but Lorelai finally admitting it was hard for Emily and telling her is a big step - I loved how they shooted that scene.

I love that Lorelai still helps her with the computer stuff (I really wonder how the E/R thing will go on). The car scene was funny. I could've done with another E/L scene or Emily and Rory - that was missing a little, they barely had their scene.

I wasn't bothered too much by the new Mia which is surprising, usually I hate recasting.

I always knew Emily was hurting, so that didn't surprise me too much.

The other sl didn't bother me as well so this was definitely a good GG ep.

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm sorry I haven't posted in here yet, I would have earlier but I lost internet on tuesday for a few days and then got too lazy to write a review yesterday

The episode was really really cute, I loved it!

I really loved how this episode was really centered on the Gilmore Girls, (putting the Logan and Rory bit aside) we haven't had an episode like that for a while!

I loved Rory this episode, I am really glad she stood up to Logan, usually I dont mind these 2 but this episode and last, he was being a complete jerk and he deserved the cold shoulder. His apology was lame though and him coming and crashing Mia's wedding ticked me off. He could have waited a day, Rory hasn't seen Mia in what 5 years?

I also really loved how concerned Rory was that Lorelai and Emily have a good relationship before she leaves. I'm really glad Rory pushed Lorelai and Emily into going on that trip and to the wedding together cause I think it helped them make some big steps toward a somewhat good relationship for themselves!

I liked that they brought back Mia, that one S2 episode wasn't enough, I really loved her character and seeing so little of her sucked.

Usually I totally hate and dispise recasting but they actually did a really good job at hiding the fact that it is a different actress, GG is great when it comes to stuff like this. My mom actually thought it was the same person, it took some convincing to get her to believe me. The only thing that was really noticable is the difference in height between the 2 Mias, I remember the other women being really short but this one was as tall as Lorelai. Other then that, they did great work.

Looooved the Emily and Lorelai stuff sooo much, they had some funny, sweet, cute and sad scenes, perfect mix of everything for these 2. How sweet was it when Lorelai put her hand on Emilys shoulder!!! Oh and the car window thing had me on the floor!! Lorelais can be such a kid sometimes! I also really liked the Mia and Emily stuff, I'm glad they referred back to the S2 moment between the two women. I think DR did a great job at capturing the relationship and understanding Mia and Emily had back in season 2. two completely opposite but yet two completely the same women with so much respect for eachother!

The only thing that ruined the episode for me was the fact that you could see them giving the option to write Rory out next season and that made me really really sad When Lorelai was telling Emily how hard it would be when Rory leaves, I was bawling I've never cried like that for any other tv show or movie before, even GG, I've teared up but never bawled! I knew that there was a possibility of this happening but I guess hearing it from the show itself just got to me more. I really hope Alexis signs on!!
Reply   Post New Thread