Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the pictures, Josephine.

Thanks, LivingInTheOCsucks, for posting the WB's upfront art too. Someone I know who was there described the WB's production materials as bad fanart with paint thrown on it and I was wondering what it looked like.

Old 05-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Absolute Fan

The upfront art is just weird. But yay at the official season 6 announcement.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 05-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait, I really wonder what's going to happen on season 6...things are all turned up...
Old 05-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

TV Guide's Ausiello finally answers that nagging question about Scott Patterson. Will he or will he not? Leave Gilmore Girls, that is.

Quote:
Question: Whaaat? You're leaving us hanging as to whether Scott Patterson is returning to Gilmore Girls? Tell us what you know, or we'll send Nekkid Kirk screencaps. — Anne Price

Ausiello: Uncle! OK, when I was on the set in March, Scott Patterson informed me that, unlike Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel, who are under contract for two more seasons, his deal expires at the end of next season — the show's sixth. "I'm out after six," he said. "[My staying] depends on several key factors that I'm not at liberty to discuss. It's definitely not a certainty [that I'll stick around]. I'd like it to all work out. I'm thinking positively, but we'll see. The next few months will be crucial in that decision-making process." As loyal readers of this column know full well, everyone (Lauren, Alexis, Amy Sherman-Palladino) would like to see the show go for seven seasons. Could Patterson really envision Luke going AWOL during GG's final year? Sadly, he could. "I don't think Luke and Lorelai are the end-all and be-all of Gilmore Girls," he confessed. "I think it would survive without me. It's not really up to me, actually. I can't say anymore than that. I probably said too much already."

So, what's a dogged reporter to do when an actor clams up just as he's about to get to the good stuff? He goes over said actor's head and gets his boss to fill in the blanks. And fill them in she did. "Scott is not just one of the town anymore," says exec producer Amy Sherman-Palladino, all but confirming that money is the sticking point. "He's become very, very very, very — how many verys can I put? — important to the show, and I think everybody knows that.

"Contracts are a tricky, funny thing," she adds. "It's a business. The one thing I can say is I don't think anybody — studio or network — does not know how valuable he is. I don't anticipate there being any problem, because I think that, at the end of the day, you gotta make a show, and somebody's gotta pay for somebody to show up. I would be very surprised if a seventh year came and we didn't have Scott Patterson on the show. I'd be kinda stunned."
Ellevee: Yeah...Well, thank you so much Lauren. You don't know how much this means to me.
Lauren: (Smiles and nods) Bye Ellevee. Take care. Ellevee: Bye Lauren
Avi by Ele
Old 05-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the depressing artical. I am sure he will not leave, Like ASP said he is a GG and if he leaves it will be very hard for the show. I think he deserves a rase he is goden now he sould make almost as much as Lauren on the show. So give him a raise and keep him on GG.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

Unless it's a direct quote from Scott or ASP then sorry, can't believe it.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Total Fan

Chicago Tribune:

By Maureen Ryan
Tribune staff reporter
Published May 18, 2005, 11:39 AM CDT

The last scene of Tuesday's "Gilmore Girls" season finale contained a crucial marriage proposal.

But many fans of the WB show didn't see it.

According to a WB spokesman, the show ran over its allotted time slot by 27 seconds, not counting final credits. Thus viewers who had set their VCRs or DVRs (digital video recorders) to tape the show for exactly one hour didn't get all or part of the episode's final scene, which took place between Lorelai Gilmore (Lauren Graham) and her boyfriend, diner owner Luke Danes (Scott Patterson).

The WB's executive vice president for network communications, Brad Turell, said Wednesday morning that the network was considering several options: rebroadcasting the last scene of the "Gilmore Girls" finale during next week's 2-hour "One Tree Hill" finale, rebroadcasting that last scene during a future "Gilmore Girls" repeat, or rebroadcasting the entire episode on a future date.

The network hopes to make a decision regarding the "Gilmore Girls" finale on Wednesday.

Until then, "Gilmore Girls" fans are posting messages online at TheWB.com, TelevisionWithoutPity.com and elsewhere, asking each other for complete copies of the finale and venting their anger at having missed the most crucial episode of the season.

"I am a loyal `Gilmore Girls' fan, I don't miss an episode, but I don't like being jerked around by a network that wanted to squeeze a couple extra commericals in there," a viewer named AshleyHuney posted on TheWB.com. "A lot of people have TiVo and DVR and WB can't plead ignorance. Not cool."

"There is no reason why they couldn't have notified viewers and cable companies etc that the show was going to run over. ABC manages to do it all the time," a user called Pinkster noted.

If nothing else, the "Gilmore" situation proves that networks ignore viewers who watch pre-recorded shows via DVRs at their peril. Even Turell says it's a brave new world.

"This is a new phenomenon, DVR use, and we are all getting used to it. I missed the Masters golf tournament's last 45 minutes and playoff because my DVR only recorded the show as long as it was scheduled, not as long as it lasted," said Turell.

As soon as the WB issues a statement regarding the "Gilmore" game plan, I will let you know.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for that CherylS! It's good to know that the WB is aware of it and are considering doing something about it. It was so disappointing to miss that amazing moment.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Will they know if Scott is going to stay for a 7th season by the time they begin shooting the 6th season? Because if not that can have a really strong impact on storylines for the 6th season.

Also, what show is scott watching that he thinks that Luke isn't just as important to the storyline as Lorelai and Rory?

Lorelai: So, ethics?
Rory: Highly subjective and completely overrated.
Lorelai: That's my girl.

Last edited by Oriana; 05-18-2005 at 04:51 PM
Old 05-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Total Fan

GG won't be the same if Scott left!!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for bringing that over Cheryl. I'm so happy that hopefully they'll rebroadcast the whole ep, because that was like the most stressful moment of my life when Lorelai asked the question, and my tape cut off.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the article, CherylS. I'm lucky I didn't have anything to tape on that VCR right after GG or I would have missed the ending. I taped it and I had the VCR set until 8:02, just in case.

Old 05-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

I'll be seeing the season finale tonight, so I can hopefully catch the missing 27seconds...
Old 05-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm glad that my mom always taught me to set the timer for an extra 2-3 minutes lol. I was getting worried last night that it would go over by a minute, because it was set to turn off at 9:01. I knew it was going to go to the last second when the first two commercial breaks were really long, but I didn't think it would actually go OVER.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

When ever I tape anything I set it for 5 minutes before the start time and 5 minutes at the end so if a show is starting at 8pm and ending at 9pm the VCR is set to tape for 7:55pm to 9:05pm...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread