Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

More Critics views on GG Awards

TV awards generally take a back seat to the movies at the Globes, although it's noteworthy that one show -- Desperate Housewives -- received three lead-acting nominations (for Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman and Marcia Cross) and one supporting nomination (for Nicollette Sheridan). Although such new hits as Housewives and Lost received nominations, the Globes continued to snub critical faves such as Gilmore Girls while sticking with such war horses as Will & Grace.

Plus a few newspapers have put AMNM as the pick of the night tonight - there's at least 2 (Detroit and USA Today) that are online.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 12-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Extreme Fan

I so agree- Will & Grace used to be a great show... used to be.

Ah well, let's face it- the GG have their pets, and Gilmore Girls isn't one of them. It's unfair, but it's not the end of the world.

GILMORE GIRLS STILL ROCK!

To hell with the Golden Globes.
Watcher #43 ~ Vicious Trollop #3

Keeper of Samantha's goody closet

NBC executives: Go. To. Hell.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

which signiture would be Jared's and which one's Milo's? I can distinguisch the others but not those two.

As to why Milo signed it. Maybe he was on set visiting Alexis when they signed the copy. *shrugs*

I still want it. A month ago you could win a signed a script in germany and I completly missed that. Which I'm still mad about *lol*

RIP Gilmore Girls. RIP Veronica Mars.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Total Fan

Funny review in USA Today!

The back-in-fine-form Gilmore Girls (WB, Tuesdday, 8 ET/PT) repeats one of its stronger episodes. Rory is in Rome regretting her fight with her mom while Lorelei is busy driving the apparently huge staff of her little inn crazy. And then there's Dean, who momentarily realizes that he has thrown away his marriage for a girl who dumped him once and inevitably will bail on him again.
Poor, dumb Dean.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Luke! "Poor, dumb Dean"... that's great.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Addicted Fan

I am glad to see that the critics who have always followed the show have noticed the difference in this season. That matters more than getting reviews from people who have never seen the show. Wonder how Robert Bianco (USA Today) has to say about this season.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

The excerpt above is from Robert Bianco's column.

This has already been posted before but this is from his column on November 25

How can a time-pressed viewer cut through the clutter? An hour-by-hour prime-time guide to what to watch and, when necessary, what to tape, follows (all times ET/PT):

TUESDAY

8 p.m.

Gilmore Girls (WB) Few things are more pleasant than watching an old favorite return to form. After treading water last season, Gilmore has rediscovered the virtue of plot, linking Lorelai with Luke and letting Rory's adulterous dalliance with Dean trigger Lorelai's maternal instincts. And while I'm not a huge fan of Emily and Richard's separation, the story did give Kelly Bishop an Emmy-worthy scene, as she returned from a seemingly perfect date and broke down, alone, in tears.

He put it as the pick of the 8pm Tuesday timeslot.

Old 12-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by motylik20
which signiture would be Jared's and which one's Milo's? I can distinguisch the others but not those two.

As to why Milo signed it. Maybe he was on set visiting Alexis when they signed the copy. *shrugs*
I don't believe Milo signed it at all. I have a sample of his signature and it's definitely not one of the ones on the signed script... Now, why it's indicated he signed it? *shrug*

Milo's autograph
Thanks goes to Buttonhead (Megan), who got his signature when she had the pleasure of meeting him when he was filming Cursed in the Spring of 2003.

Thanks everyone for all the news items.

Last edited by darcybennett; 12-14-2004 at 11:48 PM
Old 12-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's more likely the third signature on the left is actually Liza's, than it would be one of the guys, and that Milo did NOT sign the script. I recognize her 'L' loops, first and last letters in there, along with her closed-in z from my autographed pic of her. Though it's a more rushed signature than usual, since she she made her W lowercased, probably just taking it and putting her mark on it. Meanwhile, Jared is second on the right side, the name looks like it would be.
| My Fic | Longing... FF.net Realm of the Shadow | Other FF.net Stories
Old 12-15-2004, 01:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the autograph analysis there, Nate. I was wondering about that one.

Whose is on the upper left hand corner? I cannot make it out for the life of me, and no, Milo's is not on there.

I think Lauren's signature looks so fluid, and Ed's just look so darned cool, as if he could have written it during the days of quills and inkwells. Alexis' looks the most "normal," in terms of how we would write on an everyday basis - I like that too. Except, I wonder why she always writes her last name below, not behind, her first name.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:36 AM
Supreme Fan

I actually thought that Yanic's signature is the one above Alexis's.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
Alexis' looks the most "normal," in terms of how we would write on an everyday basis - I like that too. Except, I wonder why she always writes her last name below, not behind, her first name.
It looks like she ran out of room on the side of the page there and just stuck her last name under her first.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:52 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by banjojd
It looks like she ran out of room on the side of the page there and just stuck her last name under her first.
I've seen several of her autographs this way though. Hrm, that makes sense for this case here.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

USA Today - Top 100 Honorees for pop candy

76. Keiko Agena. OK, so at the beginning of 2004, there wasn't much to shout about on Gilmore Girls. But this season each character has won me over again, especially Agena's rocker-in-training Lane, who bangs the skins like Meg White, befriends Sebastian Bach and offers sage advice to Rory (who really needs it these days).

Ask Ausiello Column

Question: I'm a journalism major and I wanna be just like you! You are the funniest guy ever! I was wondering which TV writers are your favorites? Mine would have to be Aaron Sorkin, Neal Baer and David E. Kelley. I know you like J.J. Abrams, but who else? — Mel

Ausiello: Aside from J.J., I worship Patrick Mulcahey (Santa Barbara), Jeff Freilich (Falcon Crest), John McNamara (Profit, The Fugitive, the upcoming Eyes), Joss Whedon, Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls) and Bill Lawrence (Scrubs).

Question: I am being harassed at work for admitting I enjoy Felicity and Gilmore Girls. As a single male I need some snappy comebacks to assert my manliness. Apparently, stating that one owns all seven seasons of Buffy does not help in that area. — Steve D.

Ausiello: Hang a picture of Matt Leinart holding his new Heisman Trophy in your office/cubicle and repeat after me: "Fight on, Trojans! Beat the Sooners!" Works every time.

Question: I saw that Matt Roush got to name his favorite TV shows of the year in the new TV Guide, so I was hoping you would get to do the same. My favorites were The O.C. (until Oliver, after which the show was never the same), Veronica Mars, America's Next Top Model (go, Amanda, you kooky thing!), Gilmore Girls (Luke and Lorelai... sigh), American Dreams, Arrested Development and The Mountain (yes, The Mountain!). — Snip

Ausiello: I tell ya, "Ask Ausiello" readers have the best sense of humor. Your Mountain dig had me rolling on the floor. Good one. Anyway, here's my Top 10 list of 2004:
1. The Sopranos
2. Lost
3. Scrubs
4. Gilmore Girls
5. Carnivale
6. The Shield
7. 24
8. The Amazing Race
9. Arrested Development
10. Everwood

There's another question there but it's got spoilers in it so I'm posting it in the spoiler thread instead!

Last edited by Nadine; 12-15-2004 at 10:40 AM
Old 12-15-2004, 01:58 PM
Extreme Fan

thanks
~ KEEPER OF ~ "He called me hotplates.He sooo likes me" Luke checking out Lorelai`s butt Luke & Lorelai's passionate kiss on their first Valentine's Day Luke and Lorelai having MMS during the first snow of season Luke stroking Lorelai's hair and kissing her forehead in WITS ~ she needs his coffee,he needs her smile ~(Luke&Lorelai) ° We have to protect our heart cause it's fragile °
****************************** JAVA JUNKIES FOREVER ******************************
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top