Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Master Fan

GG actually came 4th in its timeslot - not sure what was going on with those ABC figures on mediaweek.com (it actually ended up topped the 6 million mark!)

Courtesy of Variety (early rush figures)

And the WB was again in growth mode on the night with "Gilmore Girls" (2.7/7 in 18-49, 6.01m) and "One Tree Hill" (2.0/5, 4.18m).

Proper figures.

Variety.com

WB got the night off to a good start with "Gilmore Girls" (5.9 million, 2.7/7) followed by "One Tree Hill" (4.2 million, 2.0/5). UPN topped WB for the night in viewers with its Vibe Awards special (5.4 million, 2.2/6).

I still find it ironic that it got nominated for numerous awards (except for an Emmy) in its first season when it was put in as a Drama.

The prob is the Drama section is so strong at the moment, it's the reason the show opted for comedy section.

Hopefully the DH success will rub off on GG and show that more than 1 hour comedies (or dramedies) can be get nom'd for awards including an Emmy.

ETA: Does anyone know if we find out the nominees for the Family Television Awards before they're held in December?

Twitter: nlm78

Last edited by Nadine; 11-18-2004 at 01:02 AM
Old 11-18-2004, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
Not too shabby, not too shabby. Being such a loyal TV viewer, either I watch a show or I don't. I wonder where all this flux comes from, from episode to episode, and even from season to season. Anyone?
Some people are not quite as dedicated as you and I are. If I miss an episode, I'm pretty much done with a show. I might keep taping it in the hopes that I'll find a rerun the episode I missed or I'll wait for the DVD.

Quote:
Unfortunately for GG, Desperate Housewives has decided to enter itself into comedy at the Golden Globes with the possibility of doing the same at the SAGs and Emmys, which means it will have a very hard time getting a nomination now *grrr*
It's always something. When I think of comedy on TV I think sitcoms.

Old 11-18-2004, 02:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mots15
I wish Gilmore Girls wasn't such a "half and half" show.
Yeah, the categorization of shows really makes quality shows that "do not belong" lose out. But I would rather have GG be a well-written, show that mixes the two, and confuses the academy, than a clear "comedy" or "drama" that is only mediocre. In the end, the awards do not mean as much as the actual integrity of the show. So I'll have to take comfort in that fact.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

If DH is going the comedy route why doesn't GG go Drama? I mean it may not have a chance at winning, but I think it's better than going against DH and not even getting a nomination. I mean at least give Lauren the chance to run in the drama catagory. She has had some GREAT dramatic scenes. Who would be her competition? Allison Janning (or whatever the last name is..but bleh), Jennifer Garner (love her, but her acting isn't near Lauren), Uh..Stockard Channing (I guess?)..And I honestly can't think of anyone else really. I'm going through shows and can't really think of a good actress in Drama. It could be because I'm tired, but really...

Anyway, from Tvguide.com

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

IN RELATED NEWS...

Desperate Housewives is pulling an Ally McBeal at this year's Golden Globes, submitting itself in the best comedy category instead of best drama, Variety reports. Similarly, series stars Teri Hatcher, Eva Longoria, Felicity Huffman and Marcia Cross will all be up for best actress in a comedy — which means Lauren Graham once again has her work cut out for her. Curses!

~Everyone likes Lauren better..the academy should recognize that too!
Old 11-20-2004, 01:19 AM
Extreme Fan

The Hiatus Starts

The Hiatus Starts - from Fraz

Quote:
Tuesday, Dec 7 - (8:00 - 9:00 pm ET)
"“Say Goodbye To Daisy Miller”" (TV-PG, D, S) (HDTV) - (Repeat)
Old 11-20-2004, 05:32 PM
Total Fan

ABC Family Channel....

GG Marathon on November 27th.....three 'clock....one of them is A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Jim. For the unspoiled, it looks like there's the possibility for a new episode at some point in December. It would be nice to go back to the early days of the show when we didn't have such a long hiatus as we have the past couple of years.

Thanks Cheryl. The others are Christopher Returns, The Third Lorelai, Presenting Lorelai Gilmore, and The Bracebridge Dinner. ADFKT is the last one.

Old 11-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Extreme Fan

More Episode Photos

The Photos listed below as Links were provided by Fraz and The WB International

For those Finn Lovers - There is one for you.

Finn wears Goth Nail Polish - It must be an Aussie Thing!!!

Logan and Colin

Rory - Logan - Finn and Colin

Michel and Lorelai

Jackson - Sookie - Lorelai

Sookie and Jackson

Big Red in Pippi

Big Red Again in Pippi

Lorelai and Luke in Pippi

Lorelai and Luke some more in Pippi

Rory and Dean in Pippi

Rory and Dean again in Pippi

The Finn-Master with Goth Nail Polish

Sookie

Last edited by Jet1945; 11-20-2004 at 11:18 PM
Old 11-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Those caps are brilliant! Thank you!
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
~ Frank Zappa
Old 11-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

he he I love the Finn one

Thanks for bringing them across!

Twitter: nlm78
Old 11-21-2004, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Awesome pics, thanks so much!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Re: More Episode Photos

Quote:
Originally posted by Jet1945
Finn wears Goth Nail Polish - It must be an Aussie Thing!!!
I'm a aussie and I have no idea about that

Thanks for the pictures.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Loyal Fan

The nail polish is a punk thing. I donno if that applys here, but you could totally be rich and a punk.

"We’re gonna raise the level of public debate in this country, and let that be our legacy."

To The West Wing
Old 11-22-2004, 05:29 PM
New Fan

I didnt know if this was already posted but at http://movies.yahoo.com/
they have a trailer for "The Pacifier". Unfortunately Lauren is not in it-sucks!
Old 11-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by kitkat20
I didnt know if this was already posted but at http://movies.yahoo.com/
they have a trailer for "The Pacifier". Unfortunately Lauren is not in it-sucks!
thanks for the link
Does anyone know how big Lauren's part is in that movie?
Mulder&Scully//House&Cameron
Chuck&Sarah//Castle&Beckett
Closed Thread   Post New Thread